LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
Originally posted by IWantWinners:

don't hate.

you want winners right?

Nobody is hating on anybody. What was the last time a weak armed QB won the SB?? yea i'll give you 3 days to think about it and get back to me. The ultimate goal is to win the SB not just get to .500 and be satisfied.

Even with a top D and top run game, Eli Manning was bombing passes to win that SB.

Fanboys need to stop drinking Kool Aid with Hill already.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by ThaDuke:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by ThaDuke:
Funny how some of you guys take writers opinions of practices when it suits your cause. Shaun hill has won jack sh*t except a handful of wins over the course of 2 seasons....wow

Well...isn't that the point? To win games? Starting 10 games over the last couple seasons, he has won 7. What's your point?

"Tom Brady has won jack sh*t except a handful of Super Bowls...wow"

7 wins against bad teams that any nfl qb would have won, and probably would have done a far better job. He nearly lost to the rams! JTO beat the hell outta of the rams, what does that tell ya smart guy

First of all, .

Secondly, genius, Shaun Hill was our QB when we beat the Rams in SF. He had a 142.3 QB rating and 3 total TDs. We were up 35-3 at half. Get real. I think any half way decent 49er fan knows that Hill was the QB in that game.

you mean the same Rams that had 2 wins all year? AWESOME!!! Hill for MVP!! JTO is CO MVP cuz he slaughtered the Lions as well!!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:

don't hate.

you want winners right?

Nobody is hating on anybody. What was the last time a weak armed QB won the SB?? yea i'll give you 3 days to think about it and get back to me. The ultimate goal is to win the SB not just get to .500 and be satisfied.

Even with a top D and top run game, Eli Manning was bombing passes to win that SB.

Fanboys need to stop drinking Kool Aid with Hill already.

You don't need a weak arm QB to get to the SB.. go look at Trent Dilfer.
Originally posted by NJNinerFan:
I've been on it since this play

Same here!! It still gives me chills.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Niners99:
all you guys are on the shaun hill starship until he has a bad game, then everybody will be calling him crappy and saying we need a QB so bad.

He's already earned my respect and support.... from what??? hmmm, something called winning possibly?

the guy wins games, so all you alex leaf supporters can shut up. how many games has alex smith won in his NFL career??? excuses aside.

who said i didnt like Hill? hes our best option.

im just telling it like it is. you can deny it from yourself, but you know the majority of the zone will be calling for a new QB the minute he screws up, even if its a ridiculous proposition.

i have no idea why i got labeled as an Alex Smith "supporter" like i hate Shaun Hill. anyone with a shred of common sense would realize Smith got a raw deal, and cant be labeled a bust until he plays like one. thats all im saying. but if Hill keeps us winning? who cares about Smith. i just know the day we cut him and label him bust officially, he'll sign on with someone else and end up doing pretty well. and who knows if we have a long term option by then.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 12, 2009 at 2:40 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
dude you can't say "well he beat teams with nothing to play for!". what the f**k do you think we were? it can't work both ways.

and i don't believe that either. shaun hill beat some good teams. yes he beat the rams twice. he also beat a bills team in the middle of a playoff run, he beat a jets team in the middle of a playoff run, and he beat a very good redskins team.

"bu bu bu bu bu bu but the redskins had nothing to play for". neither did we!

shaun hill is a good qb and he can have a lot of success if we can get our running game going and have a balanced attack. he doesn't have bonehead turnovers most of the time (the 2nd rams game he did) and he can usually move the chains.

the difference between shaun hill and alex smith is that while people make excuses for both players it is for different reasons. people make excuses as to why shaun hill has had success while they make excuses as to why alex smith has failed.

the proof is in the pudding brothers, shaun hill should be our starter until it is shown he can't get it done.

dude you can't say "well he beat teams with nothing to play for!". what the f**k do you think we were? it can't work both ways.

and i don't believe that either. shaun hill beat some good teams. yes he beat the rams twice. he also beat a bills team in the middle of a playoff run, he beat a jets team in the middle of a playoff run, and he beat a very good redskins team.

shaun hill is a good qb and he can have a lot of success if we can get our running game going and have a balanced attack. he doesn't have bonehead turnovers most of the time (the 2nd rams game he did) and he can usually move the chains.

the difference between shaun hill and alex smith is that while people make excuses for both players it is for different reasons. people make excuses as to why shaun hill has had success while they make excuses as to why alex smith has failed.

the proof is in the pudding brothers, shaun hill should be our starter until it is shown he can't get it done.

That is a very unbiased and true post. Even if you like either QB, the point at the end of the day is Hill is the better option. It's right there on the field.
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

That is a very unbiased and true post. Even if you like either QB, the point at the end of the day is Hill is the better option. It's right there on the field.

To add: The Redskins were going for a 9 win season so they would be above .500. This was quoted by their coach.
for months now all i hear about is alex smith having a break out season and how he never had a fair shot at being a starter! i personally think that Shaun Hill will be our guy this year and i'm hoping it pans out that way in the preseason and into the regular season! in the 49er nation who is with me? i feel this way cause through all adversity shaun hill has came out with a over .500 record and he never cried about being on the bench when jt o'sully was the starter (which i thought was total BS.) last years pre season alex smith time over time threw to our recievers off target leaving them fully exposed for safetys and linebackers and corners to totally take cracks at them and possibly risking our wr for injury! in practice shaun hill might not look as good as alex smith, but that's practice! ESPN and NFL NETWORK doesn't talk about plays on practice! we talk about plays in games! WHOS WITH ME??? SHAUN HILL BABY!

p.s. front office! lets get rid of one of our 1st rounders next year and get another pass rusher! (JULIUS PEPPERS) wink wink!

• Chief
  • Veteran
I agree with your thread title but didn't read your post because it seems like blabber.. But I'm with you!!
I guess I'll state this here..... but I believe, barring injuries, that...

Shaun Hill will have a Pro Bowl season (stat wise) and will hopefully get voted in.

and Vernon Davis will make the Pro Bowl.

hopefully if Lawson steps up as a pass rusher this year, like he is expected to.....we won't need to trade for Peppers.
[ Edited by Afrikan on May 26, 2009 at 9:18 PM ]
I like Shaun and want him to start this year but I don't see why you have to hate on Smith and diss him just to support Hill. If anything you should be using what Hill's actually done in games against other QBs, like the win againt Favre or Campbell.
I dont care who starts..I want Shaun or Alex to have a break out season. I just want to start winning consistently.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
1. last years pre season alex smith time over time threw to our recievers off target leaving them fully exposed for safetys and linebackers and corners to totally take cracks at them and possibly risking our wr for injury!

2. p.s. front office! lets get rid of one of our 1st rounders next year and get another pass rusher! (JULIUS PEPPERS) wink wink!

1. Smith was hurt, and this statement is a complete conjecture.

2. Let's not, wink wink.
Share 49ersWebzone