There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Originally posted by Guest49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Guest49er:
Does anybody seem to remember Tim Rattay throwing the game away in the 4th quarters? JT will be throwing it away before the 2nd Quarter and you people buy into it. Terrible!

I'm sure that won't happen. Tim Rattay did not have Frank Gore or receivers who are willing to catch the short passes (duck now Lloyd!).

We definitely have the skills on offense for a ball control type of game with short passes and run game.

I agree and cannot wait to see what tricks MM has up his sleeve.

Throw INTs
Get sacked
Break leg or other bone
Hobble
Get whacked around
WRs get smacked around

Yep, that's going to happen with JT.

Guest - do you have a factual or historical basis for any of your statements? If so, I would like to hear them. We've seen ints in preseason, but none of the other items. Your confidence makes it sound as though you base your conclusions on a larger sample size than I am aware of.
Originally posted by XNap:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Guest49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Guest49er:
Does anybody seem to remember Tim Rattay throwing the game away in the 4th quarters? JT will be throwing it away before the 2nd Quarter and you people buy into it. Terrible!

I'm sure that won't happen. Tim Rattay did not have Frank Gore or receivers who are willing to catch the short passes (duck now Lloyd!).

We definitely have the skills on offense for a ball control type of game with short passes and run game.

I agree and cannot wait to see what tricks MM has up his sleeve.

Throw INTs
Get sacked
Break leg or other bone
Hobble
Get whacked around
WRs get smacked around

Yep, that's going to happen with JT.

Sounds like you need to take the season off as a fan. Since you already know it is going to be so bad. Save yourself the headache. Save us from the whining.


I think he's just trolling. He's already posted 100+ posts in 2 days and they're all the same things over and over again.

That's why he's just a guest.
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO!!!!!!

  1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.
JOECOOL you better hope this guy don't fall flat on his face
Originally posted by Guest49er:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

If the QB can get it done, that's one position worth over paying for. We overpaid for Alex Smith of all people. If we win 10, I think I would forgive the 49ers for over paying JTO.

We have three things going for us and they are that he likes Martz and his system , he was a die hard 49er fan according to people who went to school with him , and lastly he is a local boy who may want to stay local. We may pay out but we might have the upper hand over some other teams. This is all assuming he does well here for us.


Who the hell cares what JT liked? He could've been a Rams or Cowboys fan! I wish people would STFU on JT the undeserving QB that cheated to get the job. I don't know why people have kids for becuase it seems to be A OK to cheat on a test without studying for it. JT should have learned Martz's system and this is a very bad example to make him a QB. I hope he gets his so that either Hill or Smith finish our season off. I would've been happier with Hill for he had to learn Martz's system, but no, TEACHER"S PET gets the nod! Enjoy it, because in the words of Eddie D, I WANT JT GONE in 09!

Since you're a troll I probably shouldn't even be lured into replying but I will anyway since I aint got s**t to do for a few hours.

How exactly did JTO cheat to win the competition? Alex and Shaun got their chances to play with the 1st team during mini camp, OTAs, and the beginning of training camp. They exemplified SUCK.

Martz knows his best QB is sitting on the bench in JTO. He lets him get reps, he takes the job running and hasn't looked back. Just because the decision was made early in training camp doesn't mean its unfair. Both of the beat writers have STATED that the practices run smoother with JTO. What about the WRs/TEs who need reps with a real QB? How are they gonna practice with Alex constantly throwing the ball behind WRs?

Onto the games. Is it not plainly obvious that JTO is the best QB on the roster after the last 2 games? I mean you've got to be blinded by your crush on Alexis if you really believe he deserves to start over JTO.
Originally posted by DROB:
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO!!!!!!

  1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.
JOECOOL you better hope this guy don't fall flat on his face

With the way he prepares and plays, not going to happen.

Guys, this is the closest thing we have had to a PLAYER who demands perfection in practice. Not a coach, a player. Ahh, it's been a long time since we have had that.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

If the QB can get it done, that's one position worth over paying for. We overpaid for Alex Smith of all people. If we win 10, I think I would forgive the 49ers for over paying JTO.

This may prove to be a mistake, but you gotta think Paraage was in on this too. After all he is our contract guru. So it may not be a "Nolan" mistake, but a 49er mistake.

If he performs well I have confidence in our ability to retain him based on our success in FA the past few years.
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

If the QB can get it done, that's one position worth over paying for. We overpaid for Alex Smith of all people. If we win 10, I think I would forgive the 49ers for over paying JTO.

This may prove to be a mistake, but you gotta think Paraage was in on this too. After all he is our contract guru. So it may not be a "Nolan" mistake, but a 49er mistake.

If he performs well I have confidence in our ability to retain him based on our success in FA the past few years.

I think he will stay as the 49ers is the team where he finally got a shot to start. Either that or he follows Martz but his confidence in himself may talk to him and say he is good enough no matter what OC.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

If the QB can get it done, that's one position worth over paying for. We overpaid for Alex Smith of all people. If we win 10, I think I would forgive the 49ers for over paying JTO.

This may prove to be a mistake, but you gotta think Paraage was in on this too. After all he is our contract guru. So it may not be a "Nolan" mistake, but a 49er mistake.

If he performs well I have confidence in our ability to retain him based on our success in FA the past few years.

I think he will stay as the 49ers is the team where he finally got a shot to start. Either that or he follows Martz but his confidence in himself may talk to him and say he is good enough no matter what OC.

Martz won't leave next year, he'll be offered Nolan's job (I hope).
Damn...i have to admit, that is a great nick name.

JOECOOL you need to put it in parenthasis.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Aug 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM ]
have at it...

- 98
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Rule #5


You know, if you asked, I could have just edited the title of my official Just Took Over thread.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You know, if you asked, I could have just edited the title of my official Just Took Over thread.

please do so and I'll merge...

and krizzay, you suck!

- 98
pro bowl 08, playoffs.

what what.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You know, if you asked, I could have just edited the title of my official Just Took Over thread.

please do so and I'll merge...

and krizzay, you suck!

- 98

Done!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home