LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO!!!!!!

1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.

Well, as long as he has Joecool's approval
  • Sp1dey22
  • Info N/A
If JT can distribute the ball like he did against the Bears secondary, our O line can pass protect and make holes for Gore like they did, the Def can play like last year.....all we need to do is address the special teams and we have a chance to compete in the West. We swept ARI last year, SEA the year before and STL the year before that. IT CAN BE DONE!
I am behind him completely as my team's quarterback, but I'm not 100% sold on the guy yet. I think this is because I am not emotionality invested in him (purely subjective, admittedly) as I am with Alex Smith.

That said, JTO looked great on Thursday and I LOVE the leadership that he shows. That was always my knock on AS - I wanted him to make this his team, and he never did.

I do not care about his past, who liked him and who didn't - I just want him to lead my team to victory.
One thing that is really over looked is the fact that he improved on each outing. The practice during the week before the CHI game was the best practice I have seen talked about since Rat took over. It was also a practice where the offense played the scout team and they got to concentrate more on being precise rather than just getting the play completed as they were working against the starting defense.

Getting that rythm and working more on being crisp seemed to have helped JTO and the entire offense. I would like to hear about balls dropped in practice because that is usually a good indicator of how smooth the game day performance will be.

I'm also happy that if we have a play where there's a bad throw due to miscommunication, we won't get a meek arm movement air route motion by the QB to let us know why he threw where he did. Whoever effed up will get a verbal WTF was that and get to your spot statement. It also seems as though these guys won't really talk back to JTO for comments like that either because they know that's how he is.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
One thing that is really over looked is the fact that he improved on each outing. The practice during the week before the CHI game was the best practice I have seen talked about since Rat took over. It was also a practice where the offense played the scout team and they got to concentrate more on being precise rather than just getting the play completed as they were working against the starting defense.

Getting that rythm and working more on being crisp seemed to have helped JTO and the entire offense. I would like to hear about balls dropped in practice because that is usually a good indicator of how smooth the game day performance will be.

I'm also happy that if we have a play where there's a bad throw due to miscommunication, we won't get a meek arm movement air route motion by the QB to let us know why he threw where he did. Whoever effed up will get a verbal WTF was that and get to your spot statement. It also seems as though these guys won't really talk back to JTO for comments like that either because they know that's how he is.

Yes, JTO has the right attitude it seems. He carries himself with confidence and has a swagger that Smith does not have. That does not mean he'll get better results, but couple that swagger and confidence with results, and you have a solid team leader. Smith had neither, so anything is improvement right now.
I would also like to note that the JTO pessimists were saying wait until he plays against CHI a proven defense because the fact that the Raiders aren't proven and GB had so many injuries didn't matter.

Well, he lit CHI up. Of course, it's not cemented because it's only preseason but he answered the question above.

What I can't seem to figure out is that he scrambled more effectively than Alex. He did this in the GB game and the CHI game.

He will have his idiot plays, but look for us to have some dominating games by our offense.

The offensive line is looking good and so will Gore. Nolan's defense and his special teams BETTER not eff this up.
The thing I will say is that he definitely improved in each game. While I'm not sold, and still think we have three backup QB's, I'm going to root for him to prove me wrong. If he continues to improve each week, maybe we won't be that bad off. Either way, I would expect us to draft a QB early next year.
If we win 10 games(or more) this season and O'Sullivan had a big role in those wins, then he should be paid well and why not? It's ok even if York has to shell out a few more $$, but that's at least you are paying someone "after" the fact.
This is similar to what we did with Gore, after he had a great season.
For all the draft picks, we pay upfront and solely based on potential. I think winning is key, not how much we pay someone or how soon.
I would also like to note that the JTO pessimists were saying wait until he plays against CHI a proven defense because the fact that the Raiders aren't proven and GB had so many injuries didn't matter.

Well, he lit CHI up. Of course, it's not cemented because it's only preseason but he answered the question above.

What I can't seem to figure out is that he scrambled more effectively than Alex. He did this in the GB game and the CHI game.

He will have his idiot plays, but look for us to have some dominating games by our offense.

The offensive line is looking good and so will Gore. Nolan's defense and his special teams BETTER not eff this up.

As long as his idiot plays do not cause us to lose the turnover or time of possession battles, we'll be fine. If our D stays fresh, they'll be VERY solid this year.
-
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 26, 2008 at 11:08 AM ]

Originally posted by Guest49er:
Does anybody seem to remember Tim Rattay throwing the game away in the 4th quarters? JT will be throwing it away before the 2nd Quarter and you people buy into it. Terrible!

I'm sure that won't happen. Tim Rattay did not have Frank Gore or receivers who are willing to catch the short passes (duck now Lloyd!).

We definitely have the skills on offense for a ball control type of game with short passes and run game.
Does anybody seem to remember Tim Rattay throwing the game away in the 4th quarters? JT will be throwing it away before the 2nd Quarter and you people buy into it. Terrible!

I'm sure that won't happen. Tim Rattay did not have Frank Gore or receivers who are willing to catch the short passes (duck now Lloyd!).

We definitely have the skills on offense for a ball control type of game with short passes and run game.

I agree and cannot wait to see what tricks MM has up his sleeve.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Throw INTs
Get sacked
Break leg or other bone
Hobble
Get whacked around
WRs get smacked around

Yep, that's going to happen with JT.

Sounds like you need to take the season off as a fan. Since you already know it is going to be so bad. Save yourself the headache. Save us from the whining.

Throw INTs
Get sacked
Break leg or other bone
Hobble
Get whacked around
WRs get smacked around

While still looking better than Alex Smith or Shaun Hill in the same situation.
  • XNap
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Throw INTs
Get sacked
Break leg or other bone
Hobble
Get whacked around
WRs get smacked around

Sounds like you need to take the season off as a fan. Since you already know it is going to be so bad. Save yourself the headache. Save us from the whining.

I think he's just trolling. He's already posted 100+ posts in 2 days and they're all the same things over and over again.
Share 49ersWebzone