LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 194 users in the forums

The 2008 Rookies Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon Gholston has not looked very good.
desean jackson returned a punt for a td
Harry Douglas is lookin pretty good
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
Originally posted by Chief49er:
Felix Jones = best RB in the draft... dude looks tough.

watch out for Kevin Smith making a push for that title...

~japes

IDK Run DMC is looking pretty good.

Chris Johnson was impressing me more than McFadden last night

McFadden would have ended his night with 5 carries for 19 yards, but the Titans were playing cover three the last 20 seconds before the half ended and McFadden got 25 yards, he's just hype IMO, he's probably gonna be average or a little bit about average, he ain't gonna be a beast like most predict.

Raiders should have taken Dorsey. They already have Fargas and Michael Bush. McFadden wasn't needed.

raider fans don't care about having a complete team they care about who they have, in '06 an argument between a raider fan and i went like this:

him: niners suck man
me: the raiders havent even won a game wtf u talkin about
him: yeah but we have randy moss
me:

Ha ha teeeoh that is hilarious! The same randy moss which was named captain on o who gave up and said he wasn't even gonna try and wanted out moss! Yeah that's awesome, trust me bro ya won that arguement!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Quote:
DE Quentin Groves (4 tackles, .5 sack, 1 tackle-for-loss): With veteran Reggie Hayward sidelined and first-round draft pick Derrick Harvey still unsigned, Groves made the most of his playing time. He was credited with half a sack when he stuck his arm out and tripped Atlanta quarterback Joey Harrington, even though Groves was still being blocked at the time. Showed his speed by catching Jason Snelling at the 3-yard line following a 47-yard catch and run.

Link

Quote:
"All in all good energy, good to see Quentin Groves flash off the edge, we were able to get to the quarterback, which was good to see. We are going to do our best to come out of this to be as prepared as we can for the regular season to find the right 53 guys," said Del Rio.

Link

Luis Holmes, Banta-Cain, Lawson, Haralson, Green AND Moore have done more for us so far than that guy has done for the Jaguars.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
And speaking of rookies, How did Cromartie do?

INJURED
Jonathan Stewart starting to come alive with a good night against the Redskins.
Giants picked up Marcus Monk WR off waivers from the Bears, PS likely.
"Rookie Lavelle Hawkins (ankle) was deactivated for the Titans' preseason finale.
Hawkins caught a 51-yard TD in the second week of the preseason, but hasn't been healthy since. He's in danger of not making the team."

link

I liked Hawkins in the senior bowl, thought he could do something like Zeigler is doing.
Originally posted by Jerry:
"Rookie Lavelle Hawkins (ankle) was deactivated for the Titans' preseason finale.
Hawkins caught a 51-yard TD in the second week of the preseason, but hasn't been healthy since. He's in danger of not making the team."

link

I liked Hawkins in the senior bowl, thought he could do something like Zeigler is doing.

If the Titans cut him, I hope he makes it to the 49ers

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Desean Jackson is going to be ROY.
"A testament to this unit’s depth was the release of serviceable veterans Brandon Moore and Matt Stewart — a move that was made primarily to clear a roster spot for promising undrafted rookie Ali Highsmith, according to sources. “They needed a young guy in the group,” one team insider said of Highsmith, “and this is a kid who just gets it. He makes a lot of plays and caught on to the system fast.”

link

I really did not get Ali Highsmith going undrafted. All he does is make big plays in games and he has already beat out Brandon Moore who I think is pretty good.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jerry:
"A testament to this unit’s depth was the release of serviceable veterans Brandon Moore and Matt Stewart — a move that was made primarily to clear a roster spot for promising undrafted rookie Ali Highsmith, according to sources. “They needed a young guy in the group,” one team insider said of Highsmith, “and this is a kid who just gets it. He makes a lot of plays and caught on to the system fast.”

link

I really did not get Ali Highsmith going undrafted. All he does is make big plays in games and he has already beat out Brandon Moore who I think is pretty good.

I really thought a 4-3 team would have taken a flier on him in the last 2 rounds but there were no takers.
THIS KID LOOKS DAMN GOOD!
Yeah he sure does....Vince looks meh
Share 49ersWebzone