LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
DRC looks smooooooooooooth in the ball drills. Nice back pedal, fluid hips and caught the ball at the highest point.

Yep his stock is just going higher and higher, no way is he there at 29, as good as he has been looking i still wouldnt wanna draft him though. Much bigger needs imo. but some team is gonna get a guy who can be a dominant CB in a year or 2.

WE will always be BPA, so if he is there we would prob take him!

I get where your coming from and undertand if he is there WHY we pick him but i think that with Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown and Strickland, that CB isnt a need right now. How good will DRC look when a QB has all day to throw on him?
We need a pass rush much more than another CB

Absurd!!! If, by some stroke God, DRC is there at 29 - we will absolutely be taking him... that would be two defensive MVP's from the senior bowl in a row.
DRC looks smooooooooooooth in the ball drills. Nice back pedal, fluid hips and caught the ball at the highest point.

Yep his stock is just going higher and higher, no way is he there at 29, as good as he has been looking i still wouldnt wanna draft him though. Much bigger needs imo. but some team is gonna get a guy who can be a dominant CB in a year or 2.

I get where your coming from and undertand if he is there WHY we pick him but i think that with Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown and Strickland, that CB isnt a need right now. How good will DRC look when a QB has all day to throw on him?

Then again, if you don't have a pass rush (like us), the need for top-flight cover corners becomes even greater (thus the signing of Clements).

That said, I agree that the need to address the lack of pass rush on this team is greater than that of CB at this time.

Thats not going after the problem though, its like treating the symptoms instead of trying to find the cure.

If we can get a good pass rush going, then our CB's look way better. Even with good DB's like Clements, Harris and Spencer they still didnt perform near to what we know they can, cause QB's had time to look over their options about 20 times.

Give me a top 5 pass rush over a top 5 CB tandem anyday.

I agree, I'm just dealing with the reality of our team. We haven't addressed the pass rush since Nolan was hired, and given that our offense was the worst in the league, you know the focus will be there. I'm just saying, if you don't have a pass rush, the alternative is to address the CB position (which is what we did last year with the Clements signing).
and how do you suppose we will address the pass rush at 29... Quentin Groves??? If we pick up Smith in free agency, there is little to no chance that we will go after him - I think that if Talib runs a sub 4.5, he will be our guy.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

Then again, if you don't have a pass rush (like us), the need for top-flight cover corners becomes even greater (thus the signing of Clements).

That said, I agree that the need to address the lack of pass rush on this team is greater than that of CB at this time.

Thats not going after the problem though, its like treating the symptoms instead of trying to find the cure.

If we can get a good pass rush going, then our CB's look way better. Even with good DB's like Clements, Harris and Spencer they still didnt perform near to what we know they can, cause QB's had time to look over their options about 20 times.

Give me a top 5 pass rush over a top 5 CB tandem anyday.

I agree, I'm just dealing with the reality of our team. We haven't addressed the pass rush since Nolan was hired, and given that our offense was the worst in the league, you know the focus will be there. I'm just saying, if you don't have a pass rush, the alternative is to address the CB position (which is what we did last year with the Clements signing).

and how do you suppose we will address the pass rush at 29... Quentin Groves??? If we pick up Smith in free agency, there is little to no chance that we will go after him - I think that if Talib runs a sub 4.5, he will be our guy.
I think Talib will still go before us. However, Porter and Thomas could be options with Flowers going in the second. I think we still go line with our first two picks now that J. Smith seems to be coming. Bye bye Groves.
Um what's wrong with having two guys who can pass rush ala Mathis and Freeney; Umeniyora and Strahan?
Mayock's comment on DRC during the drills: "His feet are amazing!"

Someone please tell me that I'm crazy, but why wouldn't New England draft this guy at #7 overall?????

Great replacement for Asante...you are not crazy!
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by evil:
Mike Jenkins....4.40. I was VERY wrong about him.

IMO that time just confirmed that he's gonna end up in either Baltimore N.O. or Buffalo.

yup...seems like a solid choice for Baltimore.

Only if he's the 8th-or-above ranked player overall. Ozzie Newsom has a reputation for not reaching one single inch for a player. He may take Ryan Clady instead, which is also a position of need for them. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
Originally posted by evil:
Mike Jenkins....4.40. I was VERY wrong about him.

IMO that time just confirmed that he's gonna end up in either Baltimore N.O. or Buffalo.

yup...seems like a solid choice for Baltimore.

Only if he's the 8th-or-above ranked player overall. Ozzie Newsom has a reputation for not reaching one single inch for a player. He may take Ryan Clady instead, which is also a position of need for them. Just sayin'.

Excellent point....I actually have Clady going to Baltimore at #8 in my revised mock draft (soon to be posted). That said, I think Jenkins would be a solid choice for them, but he's likely not BPA at that slot.
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
Mayock's comment on DRC during the drills: "His feet are amazing!"

Someone please tell me that I'm crazy, but why wouldn't New England draft this guy at #7 overall?????

Vernon Gholston! If Gholston gets past the Jets, who are looking for a feature back, he won't get past N.E. It's going to depend on what happens to McFadden - if Dallas jumps up to take McFadden, the Jets will take Gholston and then it's up to the Pats. Of course, the Jets may decide it's easier to get a RB later than a stud pass rusher like VG. Flip a coin.
damn no cromartie for us well time to move on
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by hec26:

I can't move on!!!!!!!!! I just saw his 40 time and i'm about to cry. New England is gonna take him. And for the first time, i mean the very first, i am wishing we had that 7th pick in the draft. DRC should be ours. I am very pleased with Staley but man i want DRC

!@&!@&#&*!#&!&!#&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did he have to run so damn fast!!!

Originally posted by ezekiel39:

I can't move on!!!!!!!!! I just saw his 40 time and i'm about to cry. New England is gonna take him. And for the first time, i mean the very first, i am wishing we had that 7th pick in the draft. DRC should be ours. I am very pleased with Staley but man i want DRC

i had a feeling he'll probably run the fastest if not the fastest of the top cbs coming out. the player i want is not meant to be im bad luck. just any team but the pats or hopefully he doesnt fall to the cowb*tches
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A

i had a feeling he'll probably run the fastest if not the fastest of the top cbs coming out. the player i want is not meant to be im bad luck. just any team but the pats or hopefully he doesnt fall to the cowb*tches

He won't fall to Dallas but if New England gets him with the pick we traded them i might stab myself in the head with a knife, or go straight up Sharon Stone on myself with an icepick.

As good as Staley is, DRC is way better.

He won't fall to Dallas but if New England gets him with the pick we traded them i might stab myself in the head with a knife, or go straight up Sharon Stone on myself with an icepick.

As good as Staley is, DRC is way better.

Come on now, put down the pipe. DRC has not played a single down in the NFL. Yes, he looks like a good prospect and I would love to have him on the 49ers, but there is no way at this point that anyone absolutely knows that he is a better prospect than Staley. It might turn out that way, but it also might turn out that he is a bust.

Are we back in reality yet people?
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A
Ghost, MD, Nvchamp, would DRC be a reach at this point for New England at 7? I haven't seen his performance today, just heard what you guys said here, so i don't know if today jumped him into the top 10.
Ghost, MD, Nvchamp, would DRC be a reach at this point for New England at 7? I haven't seen his performance today, just heard what you guys said here, so i don't know if today jumped him into the top 10.

He could go at 7. It's probably a reach. Despite his great performance in the Senior Bowl and Combine, he came from a smaller school. That's going to lower his value slightly. While his upside MIGHT make him possibly the best CB of the draft, he also might take a bit longer in becoming NFL ready. My guess is that he'll go in the top 15 or so and be the 2nd CB taken.
Share 49ersWebzone