LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
DRC....Top 10?

Really?!? Naaaah, too raw and small school product. But then again, Pats have a top 10 pick and they can take a risk.

I'd take raw and his overall numbers over a "pro-ready" CB with lesser numbers, because by year two, DRC could be a stud (like his cousin), whereas the other guy is not.
DRC....Top 10?

Really?!? Naaaah, too raw and small school product. But then again, Pats have a top 10 pick and they can take a risk.

hopefully everyone considers this! and he falls to us
Tryon should run a good time here....4.50. Not bad.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean on Feb 26, 2008 at 8:41 AM ]
Mike Jenkins....4.40. I was VERY wrong about him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
DRC....Top 10?

I'd take raw and his overall numbers over a "pro-ready" CB with lesser numbers, because by year two, DRC could be a stud (like his cousin), whereas the other guy is not.

Yeah, but we are assuming he will be a stud, whereas the pro-ready CB is ready to help the team now and is not as high a risk as someone unproven and unchallenged week in and week out. Too much money goes with a top 10 pick for a GM/Coach to have the guts to take a risk. If they have another poor season, they may not even be there for second season.
I think he will be a stud too, but I won't hand him 15million dollars either if my job depended on it. I will take McKelvin, who has great potential and challenged a lot more.
DRC - unofficial 4.28!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG

there goes our shot...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
i had to say this but...my boy J LEMAN had 26 reps in the bench press! still havent left his bandwagon haha.

I'd be more than happy to see him wearing a 49er uni next year!

he's just always seemed like an old school type of player that gives it all he's got on every down. the jacob hester of the defense. did he run the 40? i didnt see anything about him running.

He lifted but didn't run or do any of the position drills due to his ankle injury.

I don't think he'll be ready to go in time for his campus workout, or even the draft. I believe there is decent chance he may go undrafted at this point, as good as a player he has been, especially with some of the LB performances today from unsung players.

do u know how bad of an ankle injury it is? i know he was one of the best ILBs coming into the NFL this year, i dont think he goes undrafted.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yeah that's a great time. I think he solidifies hiimself in top 3 CBs. It's between DRC, McKelvin and Jenkins IMO
DRC....Top 10?

Yeah, but we are assuming he will be a stud, whereas the pro-ready CB is ready to help the team now and is not as high a risk as someone unproven and unchallenged week in and week out. Too much money goes with a top 10 pick for a GM/Coach to have the guts to take a risk. If they have another poor season, they may not even be there for second season.
I think he will be a stud too, but I won't hand him 15million dollars either if my job depended on it. I will take McKelvin, who has great potential and challenged a lot more.

This is where you and I differ. I see very little risk (no more with him than any other CB), because he's a smooth athlete with great size, excellent ball skills (unlike McKelvin) and GREAT speed. If I'm a coach, I can work with those tools and by year 2, I can plug this guy in and leave him alone.

I'm not saying you can't do the same with a guy like McKelvin, but his ceiling isn't nearly as high, and his size (though solid) isn't special like DRC.

Not to mention, I don't see much of a difference in the competition McKelvin facted at Troy than DRC did at Tennessee St.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean on Feb 26, 2008 at 8:55 AM ]
DRC 4.34

Scandrick just ran an unofficial time of 4.30!
So Ghost, do you think it is very feasable for us to land a quality CD in the first or second? Wouldn't most of these CBs be in the top 20 in most years? As a result of the depth of talent all around, I can see landing two starters with our first two picks. I just don't know about the CB position.

Also, do you think Kenny Phillips will fall past the 20's now?

Thanks man!
DRC....Top 10?

This is where you and I differ. I see very little risk (no more with him than any other CB), because he's a smooth athlete with great size, excellent ball skills (unlike McKelvin) and GREAT speed. If I'm a coach, I can work with those tools and by year 2, I can plug this guy in and leave him alone.

I'm not saying you can't do the same with a guy like McKelvin, but his ceiling isn't nearly as high, and his size (though solid) isn't special like DRC.

Not to mention, I don't see much of a difference in the competition McKelvin facted at Troy than DRC did at Tennessee St.

Smooth athlete. All hope of him lasting till 29 has basically vanished. If they didn't put a time to his run, you would still realize how fast he is and how easy he makes it look.
Originally posted by ninertico:
So Ghost, do you think it is very feasable for us to land a quality CB in the first or second? Wouldn't most of these CBs be in the top 20 in most years? As a result of the depth of talent all around, I can see landing two starters with our first two picks. I just don't know about the CB position.

Also, do you think Kenny Phillips will fall past the 20's now?

Thanks man!

If we strictly go BPA, we could definitely grab a CB in the first or second. I just don't see McNolan as BPA guys...they seem to draft more for need, so given that, we might not address CB until later. Not to mention, if we re-sign Donald Strickland (who Nolan really likes), we should have plenty of depth there:

Clements, Harris, Spencer, Strickland, Brown, Hudson, Rossum (ST)

Not great overall talent, but there's enough solid personnel there.
  • evil
  • Veteran

IMO that time just confirmed that he's gonna end up in either Baltimore N.O. or Buffalo.
Share 49ersWebzone