LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Mike Jenkins....4.40. I was VERY wrong about him.

IMO that time just confirmed that he's gonna end up in either Baltimore N.O. or Buffalo.

yup...seems like a solid choice for Baltimore.
The interesting thing is being so far down in the draft, I'm not really sold on any one guy...there's several I'd be happy with. The combine is adding a few names to that list.
DRC looks smooooooooooooth in the ball drills. Nice back pedal, fluid hips and caught the ball at the highest point.
Tarrell Thomas is having a very strong combine....excellent 40 time (4.49) and looking very smooth in the drills for a 6'0" 200lb CB.
Tyvon Branch (CB from UConn) is now listed as an official 4.31 (tied for tops with Justin King).
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean on Feb 26, 2008 at 9:51 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
DRC looks smooooooooooooth in the ball drills. Nice back pedal, fluid hips and caught the ball at the highest point.

Yep his stock is just going higher and higher, no way is he there at 29, as good as he has been looking i still wouldnt wanna draft him though. Much bigger needs imo. but some team is gonna get a guy who can be a dominant CB in a year or 2.
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

Yep his stock is just going higher and higher, no way is he there at 29, as good as he has been looking i still wouldnt wanna draft him though. Much bigger needs imo. but some team is gonna get a guy who can be a dominant CB in a year or 2.

WE will always be BPA, so if he is there we would prob take him!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximill15:

I get where your coming from and undertand if he is there WHY we pick him but i think that with Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown and Strickland, that CB isnt a need right now. How good will DRC look when a QB has all day to throw on him?
We need a pass rush much more than another CB

I get where your coming from and undertand if he is there WHY we pick him but i think that with Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown and Strickland, that CB isnt a need right now. How good will DRC look when a QB has all day to throw on him?

Then again, if you don't have a pass rush (like us), the need for top-flight cover corners becomes even greater (thus the signing of Clements).

That said, I agree that the need to address the lack of pass rush on this team is greater than that of CB at this time.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Wow that last drill he was just amazing. I can see where you are coming from, he looks better than everyone there!!!

Mayock's comment on DRC during the drills: "His feet are amazing!"

Someone please tell me that I'm crazy, but why wouldn't New England draft this guy at #7 overall?????
Tarrell Thomas is having a very strong combine....excellent 40 time (4.49) and looking very smooth in the drills for a 6'0" 200lb CB.

Thomas Brown
Tarrell Thomas
Thomas Clayton
Tarrell Brown

Which ones play on the Niners?

I'm frikkin confused! :)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Then again, if you don't have a pass rush (like us), the need for top-flight cover corners becomes even greater (thus the signing of Clements).

That said, I agree that the need to address the lack of pass rush on this team is greater than that of CB at this time.

Thats not going after the problem though, its like treating the symptoms instead of trying to find the cure.

If we can get a good pass rush going, then our CB's look way better. Even with good DB's like Clements, Harris and Spencer they still didnt perform near to what we know they can, cause QB's had time to look over their options about 20 times.

Give me a top 5 pass rush over a top 5 CB tandem anyday.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Mayock's comment on DRC during the drills: "His feet are amazing!"

Someone please tell me that I'm crazy, but why wouldn't New England draft this guy at #7 overall?????

I will hate it if he goes there!!

Thats not going after the problem though, its like treating the symptoms instead of trying to find the cure.

If we can get a good pass rush going, then our CB's look way better. Even with good DB's like Clements, Harris and Spencer they still didnt perform near to what we know they can, cause QB's had time to look over their options about 20 times.

Give me a top 5 pass rush over a top 5 CB tandem anyday.

I agree, I'm just dealing with the reality of our team. We haven't addressed the pass rush since Nolan was hired, and given that our offense was the worst in the league, you know the focus will be there. I'm just saying, if you don't have a pass rush, the alternative is to address the CB position (which is what we did last year with the Clements signing).
Share 49ersWebzone