LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Anyone have any news on the injury to Marcus Howard after his first 40?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
im watching the videos on nfl.com of the WR's and they said desean jackson led WR's with a 4.35 40 yard dash?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Cliff Avril unofficial 4.52.

This is the guy I'm hoping for if we don't draft Groves. Looks like he could turn into another Anthony Spencer or Shaun Phillips.

Yeup, I really want us to draft this guy. I like him more than Groves.

He looked great in the LB positional drills. I am officially on his bandwagon . Where is he projected to go?
Bruce Davis, 6'2, 252, 4.72 forty and VERY smooth in the linebacker drills. With his raw pass rush abilities, there's no doubt this kid is a legit 3-4 OLB prospect.

Wow...I know his weight was a topic of much debate on these forums...I guess he settled that argument!
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cliff Avril unofficial 4.52.

This is the guy I'm hoping for if we don't draft Groves. Looks like he could turn into another Anthony Spencer or Shaun Phillips.

Yeup, I really want us to draft this guy. I like him more than Groves.

He looked great in the LB positional drills. I am officially on his bandwagon . Where is he projected to go?

I'd say solid 3rd rounder, though someone could fall in love with him and grab him in the late 2nd.
from draft daddy blog rumors:

"Former Auburn star Quentin Groves' ten yard split was among the best ever at any Indy Combine. He is at Dwight Freeney and Bruce Smith's level in that sense. But many scouts think he's ill fit to a 3-4 defense and better as a 4-3 defensive end, who would be let loose to wreck havoc. Scouts tell you to look at his Tennessee Tech game, in which he did not fare well in the 3-4 base. When he went back to a 4-3 end he was a monster -- check the South Florida tape."

Now that is interesting.
  • Butter1103
  • Info N/A
OK, who are the top OLB/DE prospects who will be available for the Niners?

Here are some who have stood out to me so far:

Groves, Quentin
Cliff Avril
Bruce Davis
Jonathan Goff
Marcus Howard
Erin Henderson
Jerod Mayo
Shawn Crable
Jason Jones
Originally posted by Butter1103:
OK, who are the top OLB/DE prospects who will be available for the Niners?

Here are some who have stood out to me so far:

Groves, Quentin
Cliff Avril
Bruce Davis
Jonathan Goff - ILB
Marcus Howard
Erin Henderson - ILB
Jerod Mayo - ILB
Shawn Crable
Jason Jones

Fixed.
i had to say this but...my boy J LEMAN had 26 reps in the bench press! still havent left his bandwagon haha.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
i had to say this but...my boy J LEMAN had 26 reps in the bench press! still havent left his bandwagon haha.

I'd be more than happy to see him wearing a 49er uni next year!

he's just always seemed like an old school type of player that gives it all he's got on every down. the jacob hester of the defense. did he run the 40? i didnt see anything about him running.

he's just always seemed like an old school type of player that gives it all he's got on every down. the jacob hester of the defense. did he run the 40? i didnt see anything about him running.

He lifted but didn't run or do any of the position drills due to his ankle injury.

He lifted but didn't run or do any of the position drills due to his ankle injury.

ok, so just gotta wait for his pro day. i would love this guy in the 4th-5th round.
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A
So does anyone know how fast the DB's are expected to run tomorrow? I know Tracy Porter is extremely fast, but not sure about the rest (Jenkins, McKelvin, Talib, CROMARTIE, flowers)

Hey Ghost, would you be mad if we selected the bolded guy above in the 1st if he's there? I know we have lots of needs, but would you actually be p**sed if we picked him? Would he be the best value you think? Nolan got to coach him at the senior bowl and see him real close up, and we know he likes to draft players that he coaches. I guess he will know if he is the real deal or not. The next Chris McAllister maybe?
[ Edited by ezekiel39 on Feb 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by ezekiel39:
So does anyone know how fast the DB's are expected to run tomorrow? I know Tracy Porter is extremely fast, but not sure about the rest (Jenkins, McKelvin, Talib, CROMARTIE, flowers)

Hey Ghost, would you be mad if we selected the bolded guy above in the 1st if he's there? I know we have lots of needs, but would you actually be p**sed if we picked him? Would he be the best value you think? Nolan got to coach him at the senior bowl and see him real close up, and we know he likes to draft players that he coaches. I guess he will know if he is the real deal or not. The next Chris McAllister maybe?

How could anyone be p**sed at drafting a potential starting CB opposite Clements? If DRC dropped to #29, we'd be crazy not to draft him. IMO, you don't just draft for today, you draft with tomorrow in mind as well, and getting a guy like DRC solidifies your CB situation both today and for years to come. You'd still have 6 more picks to address your other needs, and that should be plenty.

That being said, DRC will not likely drop to #29, so it's kind of a moot point.

Share 49ersWebzone