There are 299 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

It will be interesting to see how many DB's make first round grades, the first round is starting to get crowded. 1 safety and at least 4 CB's should make it.
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by ezekiel39:
So does anyone know how fast the DB's are expected to run tomorrow? I know Tracy Porter is extremely fast, but not sure about the rest (Jenkins, McKelvin, Talib, CROMARTIE, flowers)

Hey Ghost, would you be mad if we selected the bolded guy above in the 1st if he's there? I know we have lots of needs, but would you actually be p**sed if we picked him? Would he be the best value you think? Nolan got to coach him at the senior bowl and see him real close up, and we know he likes to draft players that he coaches. I guess he will know if he is the real deal or not. The next Chris McAllister maybe?

How could anyone be p**sed at drafting a potential starting CB opposite Clements? If DRC dropped to #29, we'd be crazy not to draft him. IMO, you don't just draft for today, you draft with tomorrow in mind as well, and getting a guy like DRC solidifies your CB situation both today and for years to come. You'd still have 6 more picks to address your other needs, and that should be plenty.

That being said, DRC will not likely drop to #29, so it's kind of a moot point.

But Ghost, Tracy Porter has jumped ahead of DRC on MD's Big Board and there seems to be all this hype starting about Flowers (from Mayock), Jenkins and McKelvin are projected to go before DRC, so.... would it be ok to say there is a 50/50 shot he drops to 29? If he is the 5th CB taken, what 5 other teams will draft a CB in the 1st? The emergence of Porter and Flowers is why i am back to my dream of us actually having a shot at this guy.

NE maybe. Saints. Dallas. ?. ?. ?.

What will he have to run to drop him to 29?
[ Edited by ezekiel39 on Feb 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM ]
fyi for your reference #s from the 2007 combine:

2007 nfl combine results
Originally posted by Jerry:
It will be interesting to see how many DB's make first round grades, the first round is starting to get crowded. 1 safety and at least 4 CB's should make it.

IMO, one guy who could fall is Mike Jenkins. If he can't show long speed (4.45ish or below), he could very well fall out of the 1st round...yes, he's a physical CB, but the Giants showed how a physical CB can be beat. Speed is all that matters for a CB outside of a cover-2 scheme, and if Jenkins can't show great speed, he'll fall.

In the end, the top 5 CBs should be McKelvin, Flowers, DRC, Porter and Jenkins.
Does anyone know where I could find a lit of all the players and their combine numbers?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Does anyone know where I could find a lit of all the players and their combine numbers?

Here ya go

There is a thread at the bottom of the thread that says good combine site and it has a link...it is a good one.

I like the top performers tabs here
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

There is a thread at the bottom of the thread that says good combine site and it has a link...it is a good one.

Dude when the hell did you get 2000 posts?

This morning! I feel so much more complete now haha!

I bet a fourth of those came during the mock draft.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I bet a fourth of those came during the mock draft.

No way!!!!.....just a tenth
I have some catching up to do on combine stuff.

But no time today unfortunately.
Did both Lofton and connor decide not to go to the combine?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Did both Lofton and connor decide not to go to the combine?

Connor is hurt if I remember correctly, not sure on Lofton don't remember.
Share 49ersWebzone