Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

Groves and Crable looking good.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Marcus Howard (6'2", 245) blew them all away though with a 4.47.

Interesting???

I checked FFLlivewire and they have Howard at 4.47. They have him a DL, not LB.

But his time would put him first in the 40 for both DL and LB, but he is not on the top of either LB or DL at the NFL site.

I would like to see that list of all the recorded times, handheld and electronic, that is sent to each of the teams.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by buck:
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

he is comeing off a productive Season too. He was kind of like David Pollack was for Georgia, he showed up when it matterd. He showed up big in the Kansas, Florida and Auburn games all were rankled in the top 20 at that time. HE had 4 sacks against Florida and Kansas.

Georiga does zone blitz from time to time , so its not like he has NEVER droped back in coverage before....
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

he is comeing off a productive Season too. He was kind of like David Pollack was for Georgia, he showed up when it matterd. He showed up big in the Kansas, Florida and Auburn games all were rankled in the top 20 at that time. HE had 4 sacks against Florida and Kansas.

Georiga does zone blitz from time to time , so its not like he has NEVER droped back in coverage before....

He looked explosive in the Hula Bowl as well....this kid looks to be a bigger (frame-wise), faster version of Parys Haralson.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

How bad did my boy Merling let me down, he has really been uminpressive thus far....

he didn't run or do any of the drills.

What a freaking let down! I am going to have to create a thread and admit I was wrong about him....dang it! Oh and you still owe me a dollar Dre Moore =31 reps on the bench haha
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

How bad did my boy Merling let me down, he has really been uminpressive thus far....

Calais Campbell did poorly in the 40 [5.03] but Highsmith looked like he gave up on his 40. He really needed a good time to get into the second round.

How bout Howard?
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

What a freaking let down! I am going to have to create a thread and admit I was wrong about him....dang it! Oh and you still owe me a dollar Dre Moore =31 reps on the bench haha

Check is in the mail, unless you have a PayPal account!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Defensive Line in the 40

Name Time

Groves, Quentin 4.57
Crable, Shawn 4.64

Gholston, Vernon 4.67
Johnson, Curtis 4.69
Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75

He looked explosive in the Hula Bowl as well....this kid looks to be a bigger (frame-wise), faster version of Parys Haralson.

humm...Placed 3rd in the 200m dash, thats a long run for a big guy let alone to finish in the top 3....curious...gonna go see if I can find his 100 and 200 meter time.....
can someone answer this for me, why is it saying that macfadden ran a 4.33 which was his slower time of the two runs, his first was 4.27 but I know that wasn't an official time.... so why did they take 4.33 not like an average or something?
Originally posted by maximill15:
can someone answer this for me, why is it saying that macfadden ran a 4.33 which was his slower time of the two runs, his first was 4.27 but I know that wasn't an official time.... so why did they take 4.33 not like an average or something?

They look at your fastest time and (by using tape), adjust accordingly to make it official.
Originally posted by maximill15:

They look at your fastest time and (by using tape), adjust accordingly to make it official.

on, thanks ghost!

• HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

7) Dre' Moore, at 6'4", 305, ran a 4.88 (faster than Ali Highsmith), and lifted 31 times. He also posted a very respectable 28 vertical. Terrific all-around measurables.

okay, I'm sorry, but this had me laughing. Does anybody believe that MR. Man-Boob could outrun ali in a foot race?
Originally posted by HebrewWall:

7) Dre' Moore, at 6'4", 305, ran a 4.88 (faster than Ali Highsmith), and lifted 31 times. He also posted a very respectable 28 vertical. Terrific all-around measurables.

okay, I'm sorry, but this had me laughing. Does anybody believe that MR. Man-Boob could outrun ali in a foot race?

Ali Ali Ali, that is pretty bad being beat like that. He comes up so big in games, he just gave up on that 40. He better have a good pro day.
Originally posted by HebrewWall:

Over 40 yards, apparantely he can.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
hey guys i missed out on the combine action today, so how did the guys (groves, sims, laws etc) get on?
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
hey guys i missed out on the combine action today, so how did the guys (groves, sims, laws etc) get on?

Some good some really bad. Go Back a few pages. Checkout NFL.com for top performers.
Share 49ersWebzone