There are 762 users in the forums

McShay and Kiper on 2017 QB's

meh, Aaron Rodgers emerged from what was considered one of the weakest drafts of all time.

Don't need a great draft, just need to find a guy. And even when people think the class is strong, they can still flop.

Falk or Mahomes.
Never cared for kiper or mcshay. mayock is the guy i look to for these draft "experts"
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Never cared for kiper or mcshay. mayock is the guy i look to for these draft "experts"

Kiper was really the first in the draftnik media that was touting Carson Wentz. He was talking him up as a 1st rounder when nobody else really was so I wouldn't automatically discard his comments out of hand.
I agree....from the beginning don't want a qb with our 1st pick would rather trade back for an extra 1st and 2nd
3/4olb
Ilb
Wr
Qb
Og
Lt
Wr/pr/kr
Free Agents
Pass rusher
Wr
Qb
Te
Rt
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
I agree....from the beginning don't want a qb with our 1st pick would rather trade back for an extra 1st and 2nd
3/4olb
Ilb
Wr
Qb
Og
Lt
Wr/pr/kr
Free Agents
Pass rusher
Wr
Qb
Te
Rt

Without a QB youre not winning anything and youre not finding one in FA. The later you go in the draft the worse the odds of finding one get.

They'll need to figure out which guy they like best and make the leap. Hopefully they choose well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I like Mcshay but Kiper can go, Mayock is best tho.

Agreed
I hate Kiper for his little knowledge.

Mcshay is the worst. He was so bad that he used to just take info from Mike Mayock to come up with his rankings.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
This is a strong QB class. Just no standout.

Kiper is meh. All these years and not one NFL team employed him for his "expertise".
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheNef77:

Kiper is meh. All these years and not one NFL team employed him for his "expertise".

Why would he want to work for an NFL team when ESPN is a better job? Why do you think Gruden stays in the MNF booth...
Originally posted by Jcool:

Why would he want to work for an NFL team when ESPN is a better job? Why do you think Gruden stays in the MNF booth...

Constant pay check, don't have to worry about being fired every 6-12 months.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

Now this is really off..

Is there a hidden gem like Prescott??

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Constant pay check, don't have to worry about being fired every 6-12 months.
I'm just not high on guys that are labeled "experts" of a game they've never played or took part in. Sometimes I would watch film and see guys way different then what he describes. I stopped listening to him when he got mad at the Iupati pick because we should have went with Jimmy Clausen. I remember watching Clausen at ND and saying the guy is a non-mobile Alex Smith. Did he see how Chilo Rachal broke down the whole line? We would gain nothing from Clausen and solidify that line from Davis and Iupati.
Guess they forgot the EJ Manuel draft class...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Kiper was really the first in the draftnik media that was touting Carson Wentz. He was talking him up as a 1st rounder when nobody else really was so I wouldn't automatically discard his comments out of hand.

I mean he does get stuff right once in a while. This draft class has the potential to be great for potential to be a huge bust. No in-between.

That said my draft crush is mahomes. Heck I really wanted Dak last year so hopefully whoever is gm at least takes a look at him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We need a QB so of course the QB class in the draft sucks

they said the same thing in '05

there was that one dude named Rodgers who we coulda grabbed

I can't exactly recall that far back what they were saying about the class, but I think the comment was it was that there was not much after Rodgers and Smith. But to be fair, Smith and Rodgers were miles ahead of the current class -- at least based on what the current prospects have done so far.

The only prospect that I like much at the moment is Trubisky, but even he has some things I'm concerned about.

Dude Alex was seen as a project with great upside due to his running ability and he pretty much started immediately.

Rodgers was seen as ready to step in day 1 and he sat for 3 years behind Favre.

I really think we'll be OK by selecting Falk or Tribusky and letting them sit for half a season.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
meh, Aaron Rodgers emerged from what was considered one of the weakest drafts of all time.

Don't need a great draft, just need to find a guy. And even when people think the class is strong, they can still flop.

Falk or Mahomes.

exactly
Share 49ersWebzone