There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A look ahead in to the prospects of the 2014 Draft

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I'm coming to you for all my WR prospect needs. Your WR draft crushes are attainable in the 2-4 rounds, unlike Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins.

Andre Debose of Florida.is another. He's been underwhelming at times, but has explosive natural athletic ability, I think he is sorely in need of some quality coaching. He can return kicks, punts and is a true homerun threat. A very talented player that will likely end up as a value pick based on questions about his productivity....etc.

Notre Dane defensive players.

Stephen Tuit, DE/DT
Louis Nix III, NT
Bennett Jackson, CB

Offensive:

TJ Jones, WR
Chris Watt, OG
Zach Martin, OT
[ Edited by AB83Rules on May 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Marcus Williams
CB
North Dakota St--back to back National Champs
5-11 195
Games--43

Int--18
PBU--31
PD--49

TA--53
TS--86
TT--139
Seems like every game last year there were a couple very impressive sophomores playing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:
Marcus Williams
CB
5-11 195
Games--43

Int--18
PBU--31
PD--49

TA--53
TS--86
TT--139

Craig Dahls alumni?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by buck:
Marcus Williams
CB
5-11 195
Games--43

Int--18
PBU--31
PD--49

TA--53
TS--86
TT--139

Craig Dahls alumni?

Same school
I think Teddy Bridgewater is the 'Real Deal'. Which ever cap team gets him is getting a franchise QB IMO.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Jordan Matthews (Vandy): 6'3 205
Mike Evans (Aggies): 6'5 225
Brandon Coleman (Rutgers): 6'6 220
Devante Parker (Louisville): 6'3 205
Austin Hill (Arizona): 6'3 210

Some beasts should be declaring next year, think our boys have done their research.
looks like a TE to me. watching the games. seems bigger than 225. but dude is a beast.
Round 1. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Round 2. S Ed Reynolds
Round 2. WR Mike Davis
Round 3. C Bryan Stork
Round 3. QB Keith Price
Round 3. CB Justin Gilbert

Or trade the 1st round pick and both of the 2nd round picks for WR Marqise Lee.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I want a 6'3+ 215 WR that can catch everything and run all day. All I have asked for, for years has been a big ass target that can go up and over people and make the hard plays....just give it to me Trent pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Some beasts should be declaring next year, think our boys have done their research.

I am with you jreff22 150% !!!

There shouldn't be any more excuse about giving the D priorty anymore, is time we get a big time playmaker WR !! I am with you, I strongly believe we need a tall, big and physical wideout who can excel in playing he deep ball, red zone and end zone plays.

Thanks very much for the info GoldenJoe !!! I have looked through the tapes of all these guys and my preference is as follows :

• Jordan Matthews - I already knew about him being Jerry Rice's cousin. Love his height, size and speed.
  • Mike Evans - He plays more like a tight end in my eyes, as such not so keen about him
  • Brandon Coleman - This dude is so tall and yet amazingly quick. The only thing is he seems to prefer to catch the ball with his body. But, I like his playmaking ability
  • Devante Parker and Austin Hill - Not so much
  • Marqise Lee - I think he is a bit overrated, also we have enough 6 foot guys, I want 6'3" and above.

So, all in all, Jordan Matthews and Brandon Coleman are my picks, possibly with a preference on Coleman who might require a bit more work but probably has a bigger upside. I just love that amazing long stride, acceleration and vmax speed and I can see him burn any DBs. So, as far as big playmaking ability goes, I am leaning towards him more.

Once again, this is only based on my eye ball test and I am yet to look at the stats. But, is looking good. Let's get a WR beast in the 1st round in 2014 !!! Let's do it !!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
I want a 6'3+ 215 WR that can catch everything and run all day. All I have asked for, for years has been a big ass target that can go up and over people and make the hard plays....just give it to me Trent pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Double post.
[ Edited by Rascal on May 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM ]
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Originally posted by pd24:
De'Anthony Thomas

and boy would that grind Chip Kelly's gears

Yes! The Black Mamba
Any AJ Green or Julio Jones types available next draft that we can trade up for?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Any AJ Green or Julio Jones types available next draft that we can trade up for?

I don't know about Julio Jones or AJ Green types, but I am looking at 2 guys so far :

• Jordan Matthews (6'3" 205 lbs)
  • Brandon Coleman (6'6" 220 lbs)

[ Edited by Rascal on May 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM ]
Sticking to WR for now, here's some other guys Baalke may consider:

- Sammy Watkins, Clemson, 6-1, 200. Ran 4.40. With Hopkins now with the Texans, he should be the #1 WR. Had a minor drug issue (2 game suspension), but seems ok now.

- Mike Evans, Texas A&M, 6-5, 225. Ran 4.59. Manziel's favorite target. Was a redshirt freshman last year, so after the 2013 season, he'll be draft eligible.

- Cody Hoffman, BYU, 6-4, 215. Also ran 4.59. 100 catches, 1250 yds, 11 TD's.

- Brandon Coleman, Rutgers, 6-6, 220. Another 4.59. Only 43 catches, but for 700+ yds and 10 TD's