Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I want a 6'3+ 215 WR that can catch everything and run all day. All I have asked for, for years has been a big ass target that can go up and over people and make the hard plays....just give it to me Trent pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Jordan Matthews (Vandy): 6'3 205
Mike Evans (Aggies): 6'5 225
Brandon Coleman (Rutgers): 6'6 220
Devante Parker (Louisville): 6'3 205
Austin Hill (Arizona): 6'3 210
Some beasts should be declaring next year, think our boys have done their research.
I am with you jreff22 150% !!!
There shouldn't be any more excuse about giving the D priorty anymore, is time we get a big time playmaker WR !! I am with you, I strongly believe we need a tall, big and physical wideout who can excel in playing he deep ball, red zone and end zone plays.
Thanks very much for the info GoldenJoe !!! I have looked through the tapes of all these guys and my preference is as follows :
- Jordan Matthews - I already knew about him being Jerry Rice's cousin. Love his height, size and speed.
- Mike Evans - He plays more like a tight end in my eyes, as such not so keen about him
- Brandon Coleman - This dude is so tall and yet amazingly quick. The only thing is he seems to prefer to catch the ball with his body. But, I like his playmaking ability
- Devante Parker and Austin Hill - Not so much
- Marqise Lee - I think he is a bit overrated, also we have enough 6 foot guys, I want 6'3" and above.
So, all in all, Jordan Matthews and Brandon Coleman are my picks, possibly with a preference on Coleman who might require a bit more work but probably has a bigger upside. I just love that amazing long stride, acceleration and vmax speed and I can see him burn any DBs. So, as far as big playmaking ability goes, I am leaning towards him more.
Once again, this is only based on my eye ball test and I am yet to look at the stats. But, is looking good. Let's get a WR beast in the 1st round in 2014 !!! Let's do it !!!