There are 193 users in the forums

A look ahead in to the prospects of the 2014 Draft

When the final pick was made and no matter how satisfied I was for the 49ers draft outcome, I was so pumped for next years draft. Already obtaining ten picks and possibly a third round compensatory pick for Dashon Goldson (if he stays healthy and puts up a great season) We will have almost the same amount of draft picks going in to the draft with as many we selected this year. The picks could be used to trade up grab some impact players for the future. I look to see the next year focus on WR, CB, and back up QB (the second most important position on any roster). Those positions will be needed due to players playing on their contract year. Next year looks to be a lot more promising 1st round impact players than this past draft. Here are some of the prospects that will be intriguing.

Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina - Probably unrealistic he ends up a 49er but we will see how this ends up. Players stocks can rise and fall at any time before the draft. The guy has the potential to be a dominating force in the NFL. Not sure where our Defense is heading due to us playing a lot more Nickle 2-4-5 lately so who knows where he would play. I am not counting on him to be a 49er.

Marqise Lee WR USC - I hate PAC 12 WR prospects (especially from USC) and they have hardly been relevant in the NFL but this guy is my draft crush for next year. The dude could enter the league now and be a force to be reckoned with. I think he will be a more successful player and game changer than Tavon Austin. This is my most wanted player for next year.

Sammy Watkins WR Clemson - Had an off year last year compared to the season before. The dude is a playmaker but lost a lot of attention from DeAndre Hopkins and was suspended the first two games of the season.

Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt - Big WR 6'3 205 and hauled in 87 passes with over 1250 receiving yards. Could be a matchup advantage in the offense,

Tajh Boyd QB Clemson - It will be interesting to see what we end up doing with McCoy but if we decided to let him go and Boyd slips to the 2nd or 3rd round I think he should be obtained. I always believe that your 2nd string QB is the 2nd most important player on the team.

I will be doing a close job keeping my eyes glued on CB's this year. Their are not really many upper class CB's that impress me this coming season. Aaron Colvin has good size from Oklahoma but I want to see more from him. He only had two picks last season and will be watching him more closely.

Anyone have any sleepers and players they would like to add?
Austin Hill-WR-University of Arizona if he doesn't stick around for his senior year. Absolute beast of a WR, just tore his ACL, figures that qualifies him to become a 49ers draft pick. :P Will get picked lower than he his talent indicates.
Lot of good corners could be coming out next year. Roberson and Purifoy from Florida look to be first round picks as of now. Roby from Ohio State could be great and I love Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon.
As of now these guys should all be first rounders but as we know, things could happen and they even go undrafted.

I agree about Marqise Lee, dude is ridiculous.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Austin Hill-WR-University of Arizona if he doesn't stick around for his senior year. Absolute beast of a WR, just tore his ACL, figures that qualifies him to become a 49ers draft pick. :P Will get picked lower than he his talent indicates.

No way Hill would declare after not playing this season though, right? Otherwise hell yeah pick him up. I view WR as a pretty big need next offseason, but still less important than CB and S. So, getting him a little later than his talent indicates would be perfect.
I want a 6'3+ 215 WR that can catch everything and run all day. All I have asked for, for years has been a big ass target that can go up and over people and make the hard plays....just give it to me Trent pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
I'll be posting a pretty full watch list before the season starts. Right now I'm doing all-conference 1st and 2nd teams...although I'll have to do some minor tweaks based on injuries. After I finish all-conference teams I'll put together a 200+ player watch list

I'll be posting all-conference teams in:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/166329-2012-ncaa-football-thread/page34/
Marqise Lee
Living in So Cal and having watched every USC game I can say without reservation that I would give up a boat load for this kid. He will be LONG gone by the time the Niners pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Marqise Lee
Living in So Cal and having watched every USC game I can say without reservation that I would give up a boat load for this kid. He will be LONG gone by the time the Niners pick.

Maybe he'll tear an ACL and fall to us?
Andre Debose is another one that I like. He's a speedster out of Florida, has been up and down, but he's very explosive, has tremendous kick return ability, was supposed to be Percy Harvin V2.0, hasn't matched up to that billing but a very useful and athletic wide receiver in his own right. Think the 49ers staff could do a lot of good with him. He looks like a 4th or 5th round prospect but could move up if he has a good year in 2013, will definitely blow up at the Combine.
Marqise Lee

I'd love Lee but don't think it's a big enough need to justify trading away a bunch of picks for him. With a bunch of picks and a big need at CB, I'd like to trade up for Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State. Great in man coverage and I think he has the confidence you need from a stud CB, which is our #1 need.

Also, one of my favorites is Ifo Expre-Olomu, CB, Oregon, but I doubt Baalke would draft him early because he's 5'10". Doesn't play like it though, very good in man coverage and lays some BIG hits on receivers.

And I'm not sure DE will be much of a need, especially if they bring back Justin Smith for a couple years, but i could see Will Sutton falling because he's only 6 feet tall, and if he did fall, I'd love to take advantage somewhere in the 2nd round. Seems like exactly the type that could drop a bit due to measurables, but the team drafting him would get a complete steal. Beast.

Originally posted by mkary12:
Marqise Lee

I'd love Lee but don't think it's a big enough need to justify trading away a bunch of picks for him. With a bunch of picks and a big need at CB, I'd like to trade up for Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State. Great in man coverage and I think he has the confidence you need from a stud CB, which is our #1 need.

Also, one of my favorites is Ifo Expre-Olomu, CB, Oregon, but I doubt Baalke would draft him early because he's 5'10". Doesn't play like it though, very good in man coverage and lays some BIG hits on receivers.

And I'm not sure DE will be much of a need, especially if they bring back Justin Smith for a couple years, but i could see Will Sutton falling because he's only 6 feet tall, and if he did fall, I'd love to take advantage somewhere in the 2nd round. Seems like exactly the type that could drop a bit due to measurables, but the team drafting him would get a complete steal. Beast.

Jernigan could be a great pick also if they go DE.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I want a 6'3+ 215 WR that can catch everything and run all day. All I have asked for, for years has been a big ass target that can go up and over people and make the hard plays....just give it to me Trent pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Jordan Matthews (Vandy): 6'3 205
Mike Evans (Aggies): 6'5 225
Brandon Coleman (Rutgers): 6'6 220
Devante Parker (Louisville): 6'3 205
Austin Hill (Arizona): 6'3 210

Some beasts should be declaring next year, think our boys have done their research.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Brandon Coleman
TONY FALAS?
Jake Ryan LB frm Michigan N Aaron Lynch DE frm south Florida are some names I remember hearing could because feared not sure if or when they come out...
Share 49ersWebzone