LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

We got better...so did the rest of the NFC West

Yea Fisher has added tons of talent on both sides on the ball in 2 years
Epic draft! Only wish we could have packaged a few more later pick for a C or CB in rd 4 or 3. There were still starters on the board at the time . Everyone keeps saying how we need a slot corner and while I agree I just think back to when our pass rush waS healthy and how much better our D was. Sure we got burned a bit by harvin Cruz and like but we still ranked in the top five in passing D
Good call - the whole division got better.

Tough call who had the best draft.

We have a Championship caliber roster and we didn't need lots of picks.

We addressed or DLine rotation, which IMO was our biggest need. Plus a potential star in Reid if he returns to 2011 form.

Still a strong part of our draft - Carridine and Lattimore are hinged on their recovery. With the advances in medicine and therapy, I'm prettye confident we hit home runs.

JH said he wants Lattimore's recovery to slow down so he's 100% ready to, VERY SMART - that's how to take care of an investment! [Sorry I idn't put inlink - it's on the "Home Page]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Now that I see the picks together, I am most impressed by Jeff fisher and les snead in St Louis. They did a great job getting Tavon, and Stedman Bailey, plus getting Ogeltree, although he has off field issues, is a great talent.

Arizona doesn't wow me, Cooper is good but otherwise not impressed. And Seattle was ok draft, but there draft was Harvin, so we need to see how well he does for them.

Arizona - reached on the Honey Badger guessing cause he is buddy with Peterson who Crabtree abuses, OL & DL is their problem & were NOT addressed enough imo not impressed plus a statue of Palmer as a QB in trouble

Seahawks - Picked alot of bad character guys early with Michael & Simon and Jesse Williams knee problems NOT a good draft imo. OL & DL problem as well imo.

Rams - Did well with giving weapons to Bradford but who is their RB & secondary is still a problem imo

49ers - Only need was a FS Eric Reid my favorite Safety they drafter and got more DL man our Front 7 has to be the best in the LEAGUE
Not only the NFC West, but most teams improved, since this really was a deep draft for most positions. Not sure what Cleveland was doing...they only got 5 picks and parked a couple for 2014. But, yeah the NFC West really showed up at this draft. We could really be the best conf in the NFL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The Rams trumps everyone hands down !! They didn't mess around. They didn't want to get cute on their picks. They basically knew who they wanted, they wanted highly ranked skill-position playmakers and they made it happen. I was massively impressed with their moves to say the least.

If Sam Bradford is as good as they think he is, with all these explosive weapons they are going to be extremely dangerous. They are already a bad match-up for us in the first place. Their D-line owns our O-line, if their offense takes off as well, I think it will be really hard to get a W from them. Since we didn't draft well, we better watch out !!
Originally posted by Rascal:
The Rams trumps everyone hands down !! They didn't mess around. They didn't want to get cute on their picks. They basically knew who they wanted, they wanted highly ranked skill-position playmakers and they made it happen. I was massively impressed with their moves to say the least.

If Sam Bradford is as good as they think he is, with all these explosive weapons they are going to be extremely dangerous. They are already a bad match-up for us in the first place. Their D-line owns our O-line, if their offense takes off as well, I think it will be really hard to get a W from them. Since we didn't draft well, we better watch out !!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

You must not have been in the Draft Discussion Room during the draft. LOL If you were you would simply consider the source.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

You must not have been in the Draft Discussion Room during the draft. LOL If you were you would simply consider the source.

Got it...thanks.
It's hard to compare the Rams and Niners drafts...look where St. Louis picked from...then look where we picked from. The Rams did well, no disputing that...but they had a lot more holes in their roster than SF did. For what the Niners needed from this draft, Baalke did an exceptional job, IMHO. Beefed up the DL in a big way, added a pass rusher full of potential, got a big, sure-handed TE, starting FS, outstanding WR and our RB of the future. TB also got another 3rd rd pick for 2014.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's hard to compare the Rams and Niners drafts...look where St. Louis picked from...then look where we picked from. The Rams did well, no disputing that...but they had a lot more holes in their roster than SF did. For what the Niners needed from this draft, Baalke did an exceptional job, IMHO. Beefed up the DL in a big way, added a pass rusher full of potential, got a big, sure-handed TE, starting FS, outstanding WR and our RB of the future. TB also got another 3rd rd pick for 2014.

Objectively speaking, every NFC West team got better this off-season so it's going to be even more of a battle to win the division this year...everyone agrees with that. It's now about who can stay the healthiest as a team, and who has enough depth to keep battling if/when key players go down.
NFL Memes‏@NFL_Memes
2009 NFC West vs. 2013 NFC West https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLjgGF8CYAAPBAJ.jpg
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
NFL Memes‏@NFL_Memes
2009 NFC West vs. 2013 NFC West https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLjgGF8CYAAPBAJ.jpg

I'd say that's a pretty accurate representation lol.
The coaches and vets matter, the draft is more of a snapshot of future possibilities. For the coming year I believe nothing matters more than coaching changes.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The Rams trumps everyone hands down !! They didn't mess around. They didn't want to get cute on their picks.

What team wanted to get cute on their picks? Please name the team and offer some credible evidence that that team wanted to get cute or that that team got cute.

Since we didn't draft well, we better watch out !!

Can you offer any explanation for the your assertion that we did not draft well?
Share 49ersWebzone