LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

We got better...so did the rest of the NFC West

i think our draft was incredible. only pick i really dont like is moody and who knows, he may be good. I think Reid is an upgrade over goldson, McDonald is a 270 lbs beast with speed at the TE spot, Tank is gonna be the heir to Justin Smith and will rotate in this year to rest him and mcdonald, lemonier is one of my favorite picks because this guy lives in the backfield causing problems for offenses, patton will move up the WR ranks very fast and we stole him where we got him, lattimore will be the heir to frank gore and who better to sit behind than frank coming from that injury? the sky is the limit for lattimore, dial is a big mean b*****d who will fill the nt spot, love his attitude. the qb will be used to mess with d coordinators and scout team russel wilson and other mobile qbs. cooper is a huge corner back with lots of speed that we can develop, the tackle is good depth incase of injuries outside. i think this draft was awesome and we have quite a few future starters that will come out of this draft with a few potential all stars
We'll find out if tiny Tavon Austin will be durable at this level.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
AZ -- no longer homeless...

SL -- no longer collecting foodstamps (got a decent job/renting nice house)...

CAWKS -- low class, borderlining middle class... able to buy some toys n $h!t.

SF -- High Class... rich got richer (PERIOD)

Not impressed with the Hawks, all their picks were depth/tool guys; 49ers and Rams owned it this year, will give honorable mention to the Cards though, they possibly had one of their better drafts since probably 2004 (Arians knows what he's doing.).
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Now that I see the picks together, I am most impressed by Jeff fisher and les snead in St Louis. They did a great job getting Tavon, and Stedman Bailey, plus getting Ogeltree, although he has off field issues, is a great talent.

Arizona doesn't wow me, Cooper is good but otherwise not impressed. And Seattle was ok draft, but there draft was Harvin, so we need to see how well he does for them.

agreed. Bailey and Austin will be stud wideouts for 10 years. Ogletree is a pick to stop Kaep and Wilson. Cards did alright. Honey Badger at FS could turn out well but I still believe he'd fit better with Niners, Pats, Broncos or some team at the top as a slot corner.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, below is how I would grade our division's draft.

1) Cards = A+ (all holes that I see from this team were filled, didn't not waste a single draft)

2) SF = A (The question I have is that, did we fair well in the draft because we got good players, or is it because we had so many picks that we were able to play our cards correctly)

3) Seattle = A- (Every move the Seahawks made was to pass our team in the division and Peetey's smile is becoming wider and wider as the margin between his team and our team are a couple of bad plays away)

4) Rams = B++ (You can really see Jeff Fisher building this team slowly and surely to compete for the division all of a sudden)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

1) Cards = A+ (all holes that I see from this team were filled, didn't not waste a single draft)

2) SF = A (The question I have is that, did we fair well in the draft because we got good players, or is it because we had so many picks that we were able to play our cards correctly)

3) Seattle = A- (Every move the Seahawks made was to pass our team in the division and Peetey's smile is becoming wider and wider as the margin between his team and our team are a couple of bad plays away)

4) Rams = B++ (You can really see Jeff Fisher building this team slowly and surely to compete for the division all of a sudden)

Originally posted by 9moon:

They didn't fill their Left Tackle need.
AZ doesn't matter as they still have a sucky QB

Same with the Rams and we'll dominate their LOS

Seahawks are looking good but they were anyway I don't think this has been a great draft for them its ok but not great.
nobodys got it better than us...nobody

f**k all the other teams. GO NINERS
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Chris Harper was a great pick by Seattle, Williams a steal but the rest of their draft blows. Might as well put a sheriff's office at their practice facility right now.

They got Wyatt Burp AKA McClueless
i think the rams came up huge. id say ours was the best value wise but they drafted some beasts too. arizonas was good and so was seattles but id say seattles was the weakest. and i think its hilarious that we stole the TE they wanted and they took the other guy from the same school lol
I think all of the NFC West teams had a good draft and the gap was closed a little. However the clear cut best team in the division, IMO is still us, followed by Seattle. Seattle is a really good team and a clear Super Bowl contender, but I don't think they whip us the way that they did unless we aren't at 100% which is what happened. Since they traded their first round pick for Percy Harvin, I count him as being a part of their draft. With that said, it seem Harvin was the only help they added to the offense. I don't see how the back they drafted actually helps them, but maybe it's a luxury pick, no different than our drafting of LaMichael James. Jesse Williams was definitely a steal and that line is going to be a load to handle and the NFL's toughest secondary just got tougher.

The Rams should be competitive this year. They were a good team last year and with the added weapons on offense to complement a solid defense, I can see them pushing for the final playoff spot.

The Cardinals have a way to go and I could honestly see them having a similar record as last year (6 or 7 wins), but they will be a much more competitive a consistent team.

We were upgraded at receiver before the draft with the addition of Anquan Boldin. We added a receiver this year that can help immediately. Those 2 guys alone + Michael Crabtree/Kyle Williams > 2012 49ers receivers. If AJ Jenkins shows any growth, we could legitimately challenge to be one of the top receiving groups in the league. It's going to be tough for teams to stop the run AND cover our tight ends AND cover our receivers with the protection that we give to our QB. Not to mention the mere threat of Colin Kaepernick's running and his willingness to go deep. The offense was doing outstanding towards the end of the last season and in the playoffs. Now they just need to be more consistent. Four quarters of football throughout the season. It's going to be tough. The defense, which is where people thought we were going to slip could return to 2011 and early 2012 levels. From top to bottom, I don't see any team matching up with us.
It doesn't matter. At this point 49ers are so hungry to get back to the Superbowl and give a pay back to the Hawks and Rams along the way, no draft could stop this hungry, determine and talented squad. Go 49ers!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone