There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is your favorite player drafted and why?

Not sure if favorite is the right word, but I'm really intrigued by Quintin Dial. Dude's freakin' huge, but has a ton of versatility. I'm sure Tomsula's chompin' at the bit to start coaching him up. I just have a feeling he could turn out to be a real beast on our DL.
Tank.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think Lemonier will eventually replace Brooks and be a monster DE/OLB.

Watching the tapes, Lemonier looks like a clone of Brooks. He plays downhill like Brooks.

And the crazy thing is, he tested just as well at the combine as Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan (two high first rounders) and he had more careers sacks than both:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Plus, Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior), so the upside is definitely there. IMO, this is almost as much of a high-ceiling, "steal/stash/develop" pick as Marcus Lattimore.
Indeed Lemonier is very intriguing when you compare his stats and workout to Mingo.

I saw his workout at the combine on nfl.com. You can tell this kid is hitting the weight room hard.

Don't get me wrong I like what I've seen from Lemonier but he didn't go up against the same kind of talent as the other guys. When you watch Lemonier vs Luke Jokoel he gets shut down completely.

Lemonier went up against the exact same talent Mingo did so I'm not sure what you mean by that. Clearly he wasn't as effective this past year (neither was Mingo, btw), but the year prior in the same conference, he had 9.5 sacks to Mingo's 7.
it's lattimore no question. he would have been the top rb in the draft if not for the knee. this guy is a huuuuuuuuuuge steal! even if it isn't immediate, he will end up being the pride of this class, hands down. i have followed him since his hs days, and have never seen anything neg. written about him, EVER. he is a leader by example, and they are few and far between. there are many, many, many guys who can talk the talk, and even play well enough to back it up. but there are very few that can be considered flawless in every aspect of their character, both on and off the field. this guy is one of the rare exceptions. being able to come in under gore's watchful eyes, will help him even more, and eventually benefit this team beyond your wildest dreams.
I liked a lot of the picks, I felt Reid was the best safety for our team. He had the best combination of size, speed, and intelligence. I don't think we gave up too much to get him either, and what I like is that he is a hybrid safety type that could play SS if we part ways with Whitner if a better coverage safety is available next year. I've approved of every player we've trade up for so far, so I have faith he will become a pro bowl safety. I give it an A- overall.

I love the Carradine pick and was suprised to get him at 40. Can develop into a disruptive end and could be better than Ray McDonald with a year of grooming. Overall, A-. Wouls be an A+ for value but I went A- due to injury concerns. Seemed like this was a guy they really wanted and targeted.

I love the Vance McDonald pick and think he was under valued due to the lack of production he had being a part of Rice's offense. Harbaugh compares him to Mike Ditka. I love his versatility. A

Corey Lemmonier has huge upside and could eventually replace Brooks. B+

Quinton Patton was a complete steal and couldn't of fell to a more perfect spot. IMO, this justified passing on Hunter. A+

Marcus Lattimore is our future feature back and was a steal. A+

Watching the tapes, Lemonier looks like a clone of Brooks. He plays downhill like Brooks.

And the crazy thing is, he tested just as well at the combine as Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan (two high first rounders) and he had more careers sacks than both:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Plus, Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior), so the upside is definitely there. IMO, this is almost as much of a high-ceiling, "steal/stash/develop" pick as Marcus Lattimore.
Indeed Lemonier is very intriguing when you compare his stats and workout to Mingo.

I saw his workout at the combine on nfl.com. You can tell this kid is hitting the weight room hard.

Don't get me wrong I like what I've seen from Lemonier but he didn't go up against the same kind of talent as the other guys. When you watch Lemonier vs Luke Jokoel he gets shut down completely.

Lemonier went up against the exact same talent Mingo did so I'm not sure what you mean by that. Clearly he wasn't as effective this past year (neither was Mingo, btw), but the year prior in the same conference, he had 9.5 sacks to Mingo's 7.

Happy to be proven wrong!!
Vance McDonald

this kid is going to allow us to open up the playbook this season ..Love this pick
Since I've been pounding it for DLine - The Tank!
  • buck
  • Veteran
And Corey (6'3", 255) is already almost 15lbs heavier than Mingo (6'4", 241), yet he moves just as quickly.

Good stuff, Mr. GhostofFredDean74.
bj daniels. The heir apparent to Colin Kaepernick.

Happy to be proven wrong!!

Yea Lemonier played the exact same talent as Mingo. Mingo had a much better line to work with. Sam Montogomery and Anthony Johnson(hes going to be a first round pick). I watched the Texas AM game and Lemonier didn't do bad in fact he was able to generate pressure but if the rest of the team isn't collapsing the pocket it just doesn't work right. Auburn was a train wreck too. Nothing on that team worked right. I think Auburns seasons was a debacle so probably illogically I give Lemonier a pass on his lack of stats. The tools are there. He can produce because his 2011 was great.

He was asked to play a DE at Auburn every snap. He has the strength to do it but he has problems holding the gaps when he rushes. He's not meant to be playing with his hand in the dirt every down. Auburn put him in a position to fail. Watch the AM game. Hes essentially isolated on Joeckel. Hes the only one generating pressure but this played into Joke and they started to run at him because they knew he could mantain both gaps. They can't expect him to generate pressure and cover both of his gaps. It was just to much to ask against an elite tackle and he lost confidence. I think were going to see him jamming TEs, covering TE, playing underneath zone, dragging coverage, and rushing. Hes good at everything but not great at anything which I think will make him a perfect fit for Ahmads side. I feel best about him out of all our picks. I think we got a strait steal in the Bowman mold.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jun 4, 2013 at 3:03 AM ]
Quinton Patton was my favorite pick because we got a steal. 2nd round talent in the 5th round, he's gonna be something special, I just feel it.
2nd favorite has gotta be Vance McDonald. The guy is just gonna be a good compliment to VD and can line up in the slot and run routes and create miss matches
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
I get it that Reid and Tank are the blue chip, fan favorites, but I'm rather partial to Lemonier (because of his potential to be a beast at OLB, spelling Ahmad & Aldon), Patton (c'mon, he'll be everything Jenkins was supposed to be), and Lattimore (no explanation necessary). I feel HarBaalke hit one out the park with this draft.

Jenkins was our 6th string WR last year bro, you guys need to chill with the "Bust" label until the man gets some real playing time
Lattimore and Tank because they are beasts when healthy.
Have to go with Lattimore. Can't wait to see him in 2014.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jun 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]