LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers Draft Grades

So...

We're not done yet but let's start the grading. Throughout the draft there's been nothing but praise for the 49ers and their picks, taking guys who were projected to go 2-3 rounds higher.

I think this is a solid A, A- draft. We got our starting S in Reid. We got our future DE beast in Carradine. Picked up a potential starting TE and huge pass catching threat in Johnson. Lattimore can potentially be our future RB, and on talent alone is a top 15 pick. Patton will be a solid WR for us (and a guy some thought should've been a 2nd rounder), Dial will be a solid DE for us, Lemonier a solid OLB in the 3-4, Moody a special teamer right away with the potential to get on the field as a LB.

Aside from Reid and Carradine, we just filled a bunch of holes with solid guys. We have our stars in place, we added strong depth around those guys and set ourselves up nicely for any potential losses thru free agency.
A+++++
A.

And I think our draft+offseason >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seahawks' draft + offseason
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
f
A-

Good for filling in the team's needs, but dependent on the two guys' injury rehab.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]
I dont care about the 7th round, but A+ and I mean it. Not mad about trades, got our guys. Got a 2014 3rd, got value in Patton, Lattimore, Dial, McDonald and Lemonier. Perfect draft IMO.
Good point about the 3rd rounder next year. That's a huge pickup.
A-

Got every position we needed to get except CB, with every player in the first 4 rounds being a potential starter.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OrlandoNiner:
A-

Got every position we needed to get except CB, with every player in the first 4 rounds being a potential starter.

Sounds like it has Charles Woodson written all over it?
I like Reid, Tank,Lemonier,Patton,Lattimore,Mcdonald,DIAL IDK too much about him but I loved Jesse Williams and this guy was his sidekick so he must be good.

IDK too much about Moody??

I give the 49ers an A-. I just wish they got a swing tackle??

On paper, Baalke killed it. I think an A.
B+
A+
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
If they had drafted Jordan Poyer and Zac Dysert instead of Nick Moody and BJ Daniels I would give them an A. I think Baalke was perfect through the first 5 rds/

Overall A-
Share 49ersWebzone