LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers Draft Grades

B+ The sixth and seventh round picks seemed like spin the wheel and see where it lands. The first through fifth round picks are awesome.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
B+ The sixth and seventh round picks seemed like spin the wheel and see where it lands. The first through fifth round picks are awesome.

Life is good when you only have a ? mark on the last two rounds. Home run.
A
Baalke owned it. I am very happy with all the picks. My favorites are Tank, Reid, Lattimore, and Patton.
Originally posted by joebbadass:

Which is pretty much the idea when they have a slight chance to make the team
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I agree if Ninerjohn...Both Moody and BJ wont last very long.. it's almost unfair for those 2 guys, even the Tackle that we drafted, because they'll never get a chance due to the talent we already have at the positions.. We coulda use one of those picks on Darick Rogers who I think we'll bring a better competition in camp.

I also didn't understand the TE pick.. I think if was just too soon...

Not drafting a CB early in a year where there's a lot of talent in the draft, tells me that we are HAPPY w/ our secondary for another year..

And in my opinion, using all the picks we have this year just tells me that we'll be cutting lots of talent from the last 2 year's draft..

My overall grade..

A-

I'm just curious why you wouldn't think we're happy with our secondary? Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha are 4-deep who are all incredibly capable of starting on every other secondary not named Seattle.
A+ great players drafted, Boldin, McCoy and a 3rd round pick in 2014!
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
A+ great players drafted, Boldin, McCoy and a 3rd round pick in 2014!

Yep, when you throw in all that it's just too easy to give it A+.
the 1st 6 picks are CHERRY!

Reid
Tank
McDonald
Lemonier
Patton
Lattimore

And I might even add DE Dial to the CHERRY list just because he comes from the SEC Alabama at a position of need and as a 5th rounder.

A- Draft
We now have 10 picks next year plus comps, and I love so many of these picks this year. Yes - some of the late picks are unpredictable - but that is why they are late picks.

A-
Only because I thought they traded up a bit too quick to get Reid, but there were apparently rumors that 2 other teams were looking at him before the 9ers pick. Who knows?

Would have liked to have picked up a quick CB (Honey Badger?) to cover Percy Harvin and Tayvon Austin....... Maybe Nnamdi can get it done.. Other than that, A very good draft that fills almost every pre-draft concern I had.

Originally posted by mrwoodz:
We now have 10 picks next year plus comps, and I love so many of these picks this year. Yes - some of the late picks are unpredictable - but that is why they are late picks.

We could have multiple picks in the first four rounds for the next four or five years at this point...good strategy
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM ]
Didn't we get a 3rd & a 7th for 2014 when we moved down in the Tank pick?
  • dj43
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Love the first 8 picks and project them all as having legit starting or key rotational potential down the road. That's about as good as you can realistically get.

You may be right here. My feeling is that the roster is not as unshakeable as some have suggested. Guys like Tukuafu and Dobbs are likely gone. (one may get cut after Tank gets fully healthy) Grant's spot may go to Moody on ST. RJF and Sop make room for two of the DL picks, with Haralson in competition for his spot as well. I believe they will put Manningham on the PUP list and if Patton comes in as advertised, they make an injury settlement with MM and he goes. Goldson's spot is filled with Reid. That is 8 open spots right there.

It is going to be an interesting camp.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Didn't we get a 3rd & a 7th for 2014 when we moved down in the Tank pick?

we got the 7th for this year's draft and the 3rd for nxt year.
Share 49ersWebzone