There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

I thought so. The had a private meeting with Jenkins, and also spoke with him at the senior bowl. He met Tomsula.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/4/19/4243344/john-jenkins-interview-49ers-nfl-draft-2013
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
That means were trading down, he'll do the opposite

I know, they are on the phones right now seeing what they can get..
Watch them take David Amerson.....develop him as a FS with Reid as the future SS........DAMN!
I think there are enough appealing prospects that the 49ers could afford to trade down with some team moving up to take a QB and racking up extra picks in the process.
The Jets should want Geno Smith. We should be able to trade 34 and 157 for 39 and 72.

33 - Matt Barkley
34 - Geno Smith
35 - Margus Hunt
36 - Melenik Watson
37 - John Cyprien
38 - Terron Armstead
39 - TANK CARRADINE!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think there are enough appealing prospects that the 49ers could afford to trade down with some team moving up to take a QB and racking up extra picks in the process.

If we can trade into the mid second and pick up a third, thats ideal. But there are plenty of solid players to be had if we stay put.
Watch them take David Amerson.....develop him as a FS with Reid as the future SS........DAMN!

The all-upside defensive backfield. Could be insane.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

We likely won't spend the early 2nd on another safety, but it won't surprise me if we take a another safety in the draft.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

If we can trade into the mid second and pick up a third, thats ideal. But there are plenty of solid players to be had if we stay put.

I don't think the niners trade down... but out - for a 1st rounder. Otherwise I dont think we will be trading down.
Margus Hunt. Book it.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I don't think the niners trade down... but out - for a 1st rounder. Otherwise I dont think we will be trading down.

With the values people were getting today, i dont think anyone will give aay that value for our second. dont think the value is there.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
We likely won't spend the early 2nd on another safety, but it won't surprise me if we take a another safety in the draft.

Duke Williams or Josh Evans are my later round targets.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Duke Williams or Josh Evans are my later round targets.

Im still firmly on the phillip thomas bandwagon. Thomas and Reid ould be a hell of a combo IMO.
With the values people were getting today, i dont think anyone will give aay that value for our second. dont think the value is there.

I think the 49ers are better off keeping the pick, they need help for THIS upcoming season, they already have like 8-10 picks in 2014.

I think the 49ers are better off keeping the pick, they need help for THIS upcoming season, they already have like 8-10 picks in 2014.

I agree. Although i think it would be nice to trade it for a mid second and another third if possible.