There are 179 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The Jets should want Geno Smith. We should be able to trade 34 and 157 for 39 and 72.

I like this plan... if Jaguars take Geno or Barkley (doesn't matter) there is a good chance some team will come up for the other. Ryan Nassib as well. We are in prime trade real estate. We gave up a 74 for Reid, would love to get a 3rd back somehow. Or even trade 34 to a bad team for their 1st next year and possibly even more. :insert drool emoticon:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I just know I want a wr in the 2nd or 3rd, I want Da'Rick Rogers somewhere.

THIS. I'd be down for Da'Rick Rogers and Travis Kelce to improve the offense........how will that happen?

49ers trade down in the 2nd, acquire a 4th, trade up into the 3rd, draft Robert Alford with the first 2nd rounder, Rogers with the 2nd and Kelce in the 3rd. BOOM! :)

In a similar vein, we could potentially see a Hunter/Kelce/Mathieu haul.
  • kent
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Carradine
Jamar Taylor
Zach Ertz
Keenan Allen
Justin Hunter
Jesse Williams

Think this is likely. Maybe add Woods to that list. Would be VERY surprised by Hunt.

Would like to see Carradine. Drafting Allen might mean they do not see resigning Crabtree. Hunter seems like a boom/bust type of pick to me but could be a good compliment to Crabtree in the long run.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I like this plan... if Jaguars take Geno or Barkley (doesn't matter) there is a good chance some team will come up for the other. Ryan Nassib as well. We are in prime trade real estate. We gave up a 74 for Reid, would love to get a 3rd back somehow. Or even trade 34 to a bad team for their 1st next year and possibly even more. :insert drool emoticon:

The risk there is that this is the NFL....that bad team could go on a hot streak and now you've traded away what's essentially a very late 1st rounder for a mid-late first rounder next year, missing out on a year of contributions and player development from a potential draftee.

Pass on Hunter, as I've said before, the guy doesn't run block, is a body catcher, runs sloppy routes, goes down like a wounded deer after first contact....I see the 49ers as being more likely to draft an inside linebacker in the 2nd round than Justin Hunter...serious.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
I get the allure of the 2nd round WRs (Hunter, Allen, Woods) but I just don't think they are the best way to improve our team this year. I still want three more defensive players and a TE before the 3rd round is over.

Imagine a nose tackle, a pass rusher, a slot corner, and Kelce.
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM ]

Pass on Hunter, as I've said before, the guy doesn't run block, is a body catcher, runs sloppy routes, goes down like a wounded deer after first contact....I see the 49ers as being more likely to draft an inside linebacker in the 2nd round than Justin Hunter...serious.

Haha I was on your side in a couple anti-Hunter threads. Now I'm just getting caught up in the hype!
Originally posted by Gore_21:

The risk there is that this is the NFL....that bad team could go on a hot streak and now you've traded away what's essentially a very late 1st rounder for a mid-late first rounder next year, missing out on a year of contributions and player development from a potential draftee.

Agreed, don't trade out if anything stay put were going to get a player with some real talent. A lot of good players that could be at that spot!
Haha I was on your side in a couple anti-Hunter threads. Now I'm just getting caught up in the hype!

Sir, I'd like to kindly request that you stop, take three steps back and turn away completely from the hype machine. :P

One thing is for DAMN SURE, if the Seattle Seahawks end up taking Quinton Patton with their 2nd rounder, I may put my foot through my relatively newish big ass plasma flat-screen television
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I'm on the carradine bandwagon

Originally posted by Garcia:
I'm on the carradine bandwagon

Me too. Him or Ertz would be amazing.

Very true. I think it would take another pick this year as well. I'd roll the dice but it depends on who we are trading with. If it's the Jets yes, someone like the Eagles maybe not. So anyways, who do you like at 34? Side note: Were you a John Jenkins fan? Would you be concerned with the weight and possible laziness? What are your thoughts on Carradine? All this talk about him possibly being the guy to take over for Smith but not sure I see it. No chance we make him our future 3rd OLB?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
I think it's going to be either Ertz, Tank or John Jenkins....but I want Justin Hunter.

Mellette is the answer at Wr.
I'd be happiest if we took BPA at DL.... if that person is Carradine..... take him!
Share 49ersWebzone