There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Best 50 Board

Originally posted by Marion:
Love it @MadDog49er. Down the line do you forsee Tank as being an adequate replacement for Big Cowboy? Also, I realize they haven't even suited up for one single photo shoot but what does the team need to come away with for this draft to be considered a success? Again I love to see you post.

Cornellius Carradine should be the pick according to this list...we'll see.

MD isn't always right, but he puts a lot of work into this and he does as good of job as any of the pundits...but at least he answers our questions when we ask.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Ok, so THIS is a draft ranking?
Yes, a ranking/grade. Not a projection of where they land.

Thanks.
MD,
Ertz is at #35 on your Big Board but not at all on your top 50. What's your reasoning?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
MD,
Ertz is at #35 on your Big Board but not at all on your top 50. What's your reasoning?

I think he will be drafted around number 35, but I have a late second round grade on him. My top 50 is not a projection of where they will land. The Big Board projects where they fall (in the general area).
Why not just make a mock lol

Everyone will always see your big boards as a list of rankings
Originally posted by Marion:
Love it @MadDog49er. Down the line do you forsee Tank as being an adequate replacement for Big Cowboy? Also, I realize they haven't even suited up for one single photo shoot but what does the team need to come away with for this draft to be considered a success? Again I love to see you post.

Tank will have to gain some weight, but the Niners don't mind having an undersized, athletic DE in their 34 on the weak side. Carradine would play a reserve role at OLB in based downs and be a pass rusher on the outside (and sometimes inside) in passing downs.

I would grade success as covering some of the holes on the roster with quality players. For me, matching value, talent, and need is important, but I'd rather take talent over need. That is at the core of my critique of the Reid selection. He fills a huge need, but pales in comparison to a player like Tyler Eifert, which is a lesser need but better player. When teams draft for need, they often bypass better players who could have a larger impact.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Why not just make a mock lol

Everyone will always see your big boards as a list of rankings

I put the disclaimers in each thread to help make sense.

In all, I have a number of boards, some dedicated to the NFL, some to Niners' team needs, some to the best player available. The Big Board is a projection of where I believe players fall, only. There is some overlap to the BPA board and Niners' team needs, but, as in last year's case, while I had Bobby Wagner graded as a top 20 pick, since we have the position filled with Willis and Bowman, selecting him would be silly. This year, I have Arthur Brown graded as a top 30 pick, but I wouldn't select him at all since he doesn't fill a need for the 49ers in any way.
Tank will have to gain some weight, but the Niners don't mind having an undersized, athletic DE in their 34 on the weak side. Carradine would play a reserve role at OLB in based downs and be a pass rusher on the outside (and sometimes inside) in passing downs.

I would grade success as covering some of the holes on the roster with quality players. For me, matching value, talent, and need is important, but I'd rather take talent over need. That is at the core of my critique of the Reid selection. He fills a huge need, but pales in comparison to a player like Tyler Eifert, which is a lesser need but better player. When teams draft for need, they often bypass better players who could have a larger impact.

What is your guess as to who the 9ers select? Or do think they will select? You have Geno Smith raked 31st, which looked like a trade scenario, may be there at #34.

10 Cornellius Carradine Florida St DE

You must be very happy for the 49ers to get him with the 40th pick.