There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Prediction! 49ers Trade OUT of the First Round

I think all the "move up" buzz is obfuscation. I think the 49ers will trade out of the first and go with the middle of the draft where it is the strongest and select 6 to 7 players all within the first 4 rounds.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by NinerGM on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I think all the "move up" buzz is obfuscation. I think the 49ers will trade out of the first and go with the middle of the draft where it is the strongest and select 6 to 7 players all within the first 4 rounds.

Thoughts?

We don't need to trade to get 6-7 players in the first 4 rounds. We already have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. But I would be down to trade back out of the first round and try and get 6-8 guys in rounds 2-3.

Figure you trade 31 for a 2nd and 3rd. Now you have 3 2nds and 3 3rds, then you can trade the 2 4ths for a 3rd. Now you have 7 picks in rounds 2-3.

7 potential future starters right there son.
Baalke should focus any trading so he gets 2-3 more picks in the first 3 rds, not the first 4. He has 5 going in...he can gain a few more and then pick a boatload of talent and be basically done with the draft. Any picks leftover, trade for next year's draft.
Yes I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Baalke loves value, moving up is bad value and symptomatic of a draft crush.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]
I would not at all be surprised if the 9ers trade back with the 31st or 34th. However, I think it's equally likely that this type of trade back, will be for a 3rd/4th round pick this year, and a pick in the first round next year...
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
We don't need to trade to get 6-7 players in the first 4 rounds. We already have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. But I would be down to trade back out of the first round and try and get 6-8 guys in rounds 2-3.

Figure you trade 31 for a 2nd and 3rd. Now you have 3 2nds and 3 3rds, then you can trade the 2 4ths for a 3rd. Now you have 7 picks in rounds 2-3.

Nice idea but why you trying to break the rules son and trade a 4th round comp pick that can't be traded?
not that bold lol, but I agree with it

its the 31st pick
Yes, I agree. He will trade either 31 or 34 for more picks this year to move up in other rounds and a first next year.
Bold?? Replace the word "bold" with 'plausible.'
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Nice idea but why you trying to break the rules son and trade a 4th round comp pick that can't be traded?

Oh s**t son u got me. Always forget about that pick being comp. Ok a 4th 5th n 6th for a 3rd

Thoughts?

Can't trade the extra 4th but I love the line of thinking presented here. We can get a quality FS, SS, CB (basically a totally revamped secondary that should be ready to go by 2014/2015), a WR as insurance in case Crabtree's price is too high or as a complement to Crabtree should he stay on, a NT of the future, TE, and maybe a swing tackle?
I totally agree with you inwas afraid to post that because I didn't want to get jumped on. I would love to have 3 second round picks teams that need a qb buffalo Philly jax. All possible
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Thoughts?

Can't trade the extra 4th but I love the line of thinking presented here. We can get a quality FS, SS, CB (basically a totally revamped secondary that should be ready to go by 2014/2015), a WR as insurance in case Crabtree's price is too high or as a complement to Crabtree should he stay on, a NT of the future, TE, and maybe a swing tackle?

Exactly.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Thoughts?

Do the 49ers even have that much space in their roster to carry all those draft picks? The need now are DL and Safety. Yes, another TE is needed too. Remember, 49ers still those rookies that were hurt last year. I say they pick 4 solid players to play now.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
not that bold lol, but I agree with it

its the 31st pick

my bold prediction is that we will make atleast one trade