There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should I keep PigskinProspects.com or move draft info to NinerCapHell?

Should I keep PigskinProspects.com or move draft info to NinerCapHell?

I can't decide, mainly because of the little traffic I get over at PP where I get a good amount at NCH. Let me know what everyone thinks, I would appreciate a yes or no in a comment also in poll.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Move it to caphell.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I say both. If you created PP mainly for the draft. Leave it there. People are less likely to A: go to the site if it's a "9er site" B: Take it "seriously" if it's on another teams site.

I hvent been to either to be honest. So my next suggestion may already be done. I have no clue. But create a draft forum as you have here on NCH, Then post/pin links or whatever to your PP site. But if you only mainly want the draft traffic to go to PP. You have to keep it separate.

If you want to combine it all in one big shabang. you need to change NCH's name.

EDIT**** by combining the two. I mean an all year round thing. But even then it's likely mainly just 9er related. In which case keep it separate.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]
My biggest problem is I am not very good at this prospects stuff for all teams. I know what we need, and that's about it. I try and scout players, but it's mad tough. So I don't know if I should follow what the 49ers do.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My biggest problem is I am not very good at this prospects stuff for all teams. I know what we need, and that's about it. I try and scout players, but it's mad tough. So I don't know if I should follow what the 49ers do.

Well, what is your main focus for both websites separate? what is your main focus for them as a whole?

If you want it to be about just the 9ers. then by all means combine them. If you want to draw traffic from all comers then you're going to almost have to focus on more teams than jsut the 9ers. Again I haven't been there so don't know exactly what's there and what isn't. maybe just focus on the NFCW and have a place where the rivals could all go and have fun? just a thought. may be able to go to their boards and find a poster that does something simialar to you and you guys can work together and focus ion the west and bring all 4 teams together?

If that goes well.... try and branch out to other divisions/teams or what have you. But first and foremost need to know exactly what your main reasons are for both.
Link the sites so it's a seemless transition but make it available to other teams as well...through links that you control. Don't try to do all the work but invite others to link their sites.

Both sites are really good and have more potential to grow. But if it's a pain to keep them both going you should go with the more established site.

But I'm not up on advertising and using website for commercial reasons. All the sites I have created are for non-profit and open only to those who belong to a group or class.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM ]
Here's my thing, I suck at the draft prospects period. I can't figure out how to get more viewers, because basically the content is the same as other sites. It's tough to maintain a website which I depend on others to help. It isn't fair to them, they have jobs, so I don't ask and ask and ask for content.

I have members at NCH, but most are like me, don't know a lot about draft prospects.

And having salaries on one site, when OverTheCap does it so much better makes it pointless. So I think the best is to focus on 49ers draft plans, and 49ers salaries, etc....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
just visited the site. Would be awesome to be able to click on the player's name and be able to go to a "scouting report" or something to that effect. Would be equally as awesome to have some highlight videos.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Here's my thing, I suck at the draft prospects period. I can't figure out how to get more viewers, because basically the content is the same as other sites. It's tough to maintain a website which I depend on others to help. It isn't fair to them, they have jobs, so I don't ask and ask and ask for content.

I have members at NCH, but most are like me, don't know a lot about draft prospects.

And having salaries on one site, when OverTheCap does it so much better makes it pointless. So I think the best is to focus on 49ers draft plans, and 49ers salaries, etc....

Well, you have that here. I can understand wanting to do your own thing. but as you said it's pointless to do the same thing that's already being done successfully somewhere else.

Only thing you could do differently is add more teams other than the 9ers. Which you stated you dont know much about. So unless you can come up with something there........

*cough* A whole NFCW site *cough*
Originally posted by krizay:
just visited the site. Would be awesome to be able to click on the player's name and be able to go to a "scouting report" or something to that effect. Would be equally as awesome to have some highlight videos.

Scouting Reports are great, but I suck at them. And can't use other sites stuff. The original content is hurting without me having enough knowledge.
I would just put your effort into ninercaphell and work on a good 49ers draft section for the site. I remember you asked this question a while back but when I voted to keep the site I didnt know you were running ninercaphell. Probably too much work to do both especially if you aren't getting many hits at pigskinprospects. Also, you put so much into the cap where a lot of sites don't so that's a lot less to worry about for them. There are so many draft sites now days it is probably tough sledding to get one going and to actually make it successful. Seems like a new one pops up every day. Like I said though I love the new format and look of both sites. Very professional and easy to read imo.
It all depends on "Why" you are doing it in the firsts place.

Is it $$$, professional gratification, a way to market yourself for something in the future? After you decide that, IMO, your decision process has some direction.

If it is for something in the future then stick to your guns and make it better, easier, and give people reasons to go there.

Obviously, you have a passion for numbers. BUT most people don't. IMO, they are looking for FUN!

That's why I come to the Zone - FUN. Listening to other 49er fans and learning from their view-points.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck.

Scouting Reports are great, but I suck at them. And can't use other sites stuff. The original content is hurting without me having enough knowledge.

There are already plenty of sites that do that...and they are well funded. Hard to complete with CBS or ESPN. What I think you should try is a clearing house idea with links to good sites...you have to ask their permission, but most will grant it. Then folks will visit your site to find out where to get good info without wasting their time. Do what interests you really well and link to things that others do well. I love this stuff but until I retire just won't be able to spend enough time reading, let alone analyzing, all this data.

I really like your sites though and you need to keep the work within your energy/time level so you don't burn out and say to hell with the whole project!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

There are already plenty of sites that do that...and they are well funded. Hard to complete with CBS or ESPN. What I think you should try is a clearing house idea with links to good sites...you have to ask their permission, but most will grant it. Then folks will visit your site to find out where to get good info without wasting their time. Do what interests you really well and link to things that others do well. I love this stuff but until I retire just won't be able to spend enough time reading, let alone analyzing, all this data.

I really like your sites though and you need to keep the work within your energy/time level so you don't burn out and say to hell with the whole project!

http://pigskinprospects.com/2013-jasons-big-board/

I added in some info, just a few sentences for the top 100, how does that look.
http://pigskinprospects.com/2013-jasons-big-board/

I added in some info, just a few sentences for the top 100, how does that look.

Really nice layout! Very clean and easy to read with all the info the average fan wants. In the first analysis you need to change abd to and? Just point it our as it's the first thing folks are likely to read.

AB...I think you have a really nice talent for this. Compared to many of the professionally supported sites (big bucks and wall to wall ads) your colors are better, your layout is more reader friendly and less cluttered. I tend to be a minimalist by nature so not sure how seriously you should take my opinion. And the big sites tend to want to link every word, which is overkill.

Thanks for all your work, many of us appreciate reading your sites. Pigskin hasn't been up very long so word of mouth hasn't taken affect.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM ]