There are 233 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

I think this guy is going to be a star in the NFL.
My draft crush for this year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If he's there in the 3rd we've got to take him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Would not use our 1st rounder on him..
There's just something about him...alongside Patterson, Woods, Allen (who didn't run, of course) & Stills, he just had that something extra. He plays with attitude...not unlike T.O. did when he was with us. Just think he'd be a great weapon for Kap to exploit.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
HE'S my 3rd favorite WR FOR US after woods & Allen. I really really like Austin too. but too expensive for us.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
He reminds me so much of Dez Bryant... and that's what scares me...

yes.... that dark side of him...
There is no doubt in my mind that this guy would be a top 20 pick had he not gotten kicked out of Tennessee for the failed drug test. Playing at Tennessee Tech was a wake-up call for him. He reminds me of a faster Boldin. Having him coached by our team, surrounded by level-headed vets, could make him a star. Vernon and Anquan could mentor him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
There is no doubt in my mind that this guy would be a top 20 pick had he not gotten kicked out of Tennessee for the failed drug test. Playing at Tennessee Tech was a wake-up call for him. He reminds me of a faster Boldin. Having him coached by our team, surrounded by level-headed vets, could make him a star. Vernon and Anquan could mentor him.

Oh God stop I am foaming out the mouth right now!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

i wouldn't be mad if we took him with our last 2nd or early 3rd. although it is possible he'll be gone by the time we select in the 3rd.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

i wouldn't be mad if we took him with our last 2nd or early 3rd. although it is possible he'll be gone by the time we select in the 3rd.

I do not think he will be available in the 3rd. I believe he will be taken by the time the 2nd round is over.

Yup. He would have been the 1st receiver picked. All the physical tools that Patterson has and is much more polished. I scratch my head every time I see someone projecting him as a 3rd round pick. Character flaws will only cause a guy to fall so far.

When I see this guy play, he reminds me so much of TO. He's so physical against defenders and he has that rare size/speed combination too.

Despite all the character flaws, nobody can tell me they wouldn't draft a young TO again. The guy was unstoppable on the field and his off-the-field antics only became a real problem when the team around him started to fall apart. But we got a lot of great years from him before that happened.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Apr 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:

Yup. He would have been the 1st receiver picked. All the physical tools that Patterson has and is much more polished. I scratch my head every time I see someone projecting him as a 3rd round pick. Character flaws will only cause a guy to fall so far.

When I see this guy play, he reminds me so much of TO. He's so physical against defenders and he has that rare size/speed combination too.

Despite all the character flaws, nobody can tell me they wouldn't draft a young TO again. The guy was unstoppable on the field and his off-the-field antics only became a real problem when the team around him started to fall apart. But we got a lot of great years from him before that happened.

what i don't get is when people call him selfish, or make it sound as if he's a terrible human being. the kid made a mistake and failed a drug test. that's happened a million times to players in college.
Originally posted by blm7754:

I completely agree
I had a dream a while back that we drafted him, out of all players it was him.
Share 49ersWebzone