LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

Watched Mooch's "Game Changers" on NFL-N a bit ago...great show BTW, he worked with QB's, WR's, DB's. Anyway on the WR show, he worked with Kenny Stills, Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen and Rogers. Michael Irvin assisted Mooch and is very good coaching the youngsters. They're all very good receivers, but what stood out to me was DR's attitude and toughness. He's very strong and I think he'd be a great addition to our receiving corps. He's got that "it" factor...hard to describe, but you know it when you see it, and D'Rick's got it.
HarBaalke has enough picks to take a flyer in this guy. Could pay off big.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Watched Mooch's "Game Changers" on NFL-N a bit ago...great show BTW, he worked with QB's, WR's, DB's. Anyway on the WR show, he worked with Kenny Stills, Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen and Rogers. Michael Irvin assisted Mooch and is very good coaching the youngsters. They're all very good receivers, but what stood out to me was DR's attitude and toughness. He's very strong and I think he'd be a great addition to our receiving corps. He's got that "it" factor...hard to describe, but you know it when you see it, and D'Rick's got it.

I also watched it on Total Access, which bit of it showed Rogers' toughness and attitude ? I don't recall it at all, may be I need to re-watch it.
imho best wr in the draft is this guy
This guy is talented. Won't be surprised if he was the best wr in the draft.

Looks like Kendrick Lamar too
Da'Rick...........gotta have

He came off as more about the money to me.
He's a selfish player no way we need someone like that .......
Rogers has been my draft crush for a long time now. Sure he's a young hot head.... just like many offensive skill players that come into the league. Most of them grow out of it and have very productive NFL careers (like Vernon Davis). There are a few duds that don't grow out of it and it affects there production (like Titus Young). But even among the ones that don't grow out of it, many of them have very good careers (like Terrell Owens).

I would draft Rogers in a heartbeat... even with one of our top picks. The kid is going to be great.
Originally posted by 49erMike:

He came off as more about the money to me.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
He's a selfish player no way we need someone like that .......

This is the vibe I got as well. Not a fan of his attitude nor how he presented himself on Game Changers

Hell yeah. My third favorite after 1.Austin 2.Hunter
Originally posted by Rascal:

I also watched it on Total Access, which bit of it showed Rogers' toughness and attitude ? I don't recall it at all, may be I need to re-watch it.

Exactly. Not sure what OP watched lol if anything, Woods stood out the most. Allen couldn't do much, Stills looked like he was trying too hard, Rodgers came off pretty arrogant for a mid round prospect and Patterson didn't take it seriously as he already knows he will be the first off the board with only Austin having a shot at changing that
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
HarBaalke has enough picks to take a flyer in this guy. Could pay off big.

A few people have mentioned this.

I find it confusing, particularly if it means taking a potential head case in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round.

When I see mock drafts with us taking two or three potential head cases (Rogers, Rambo,and/or Mathieu), I shudder.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
A few people have mentioned this.

I find it confusing, particularly if it means taking a potential head case in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round.

When I see mock drafts with us taking two or three potential head cases (Rogers, Rambo,and/or Mathieu), I shudder.

I think you can take on a couple of questionable choices in the later rounds (this includes players coming back from injuries like Loney), but it should be no more than two. If they hit, then thats how you build the team. However, your team also has to be able to handle these cases. In our case we can because JH has rep., produce or get the sh** out, plus with guys like Justin, Willis, VD and Gore. You better not screw up, you get let go, then that will follow you, but like I said no more than 2.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
Exactly. Not sure what OP watched lol if anything, Woods stood out the most. Allen couldn't do much, Stills looked like he was trying too hard, Rodgers came off pretty arrogant for a mid round prospect and Patterson didn't take it seriously as he already knows he will be the first off the board with only Austin having a shot at changing that

If Patterson knows that he will be the first receiver off the board, he might be in for a surprize.
Share 49ersWebzone