LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Tyler Eifert at 31 or 34?

Originally posted by Wheelz29:
I think the 9ers have been looking at Travis Kelce, comparison to Rob Gronk, sounds like a good prospect

And would only cost a 3rd round pick, which would allow the 49ers to take advantage of a very good defensive crop of players. And who knows? He could outperform both Eifert and Ertz in the pros. If you've got the right Quarterback and system, WRs and TEs drafted later on can shine.

Seeing all of these non-1st round receivers succeed with stellar QB play makes me smh that people want us to employ a Matt Millen Detroit Lions draft strategy.
I think Green Bay could snipe him before 31. I also think him and or Ertz could both go between 31 and 34. Jacksonville also needs a TE and they have the 1st pick in round #2. That's if they still believe in Gabbert.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
I think the 9ers have been looking at Travis Kelce, comparison to Rob Gronk, sounds like a good prospect

And would only cost a 3rd round pick, which would allow the 49ers to take advantage of a very good defensive crop of players. And who knows? He could outperform both Eifert and Ertz in the pros. If you've got the right Quarterback and system, WRs and TEs drafted later on can shine.

Seeing all of these non-1st round receivers succeed with stellar QB play makes me smh that people want us to employ a Matt Millen Detroit Lions draft strategy.

Agree totally, last year we spent most of our picks on offense, now it's time for our defense to add depth
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I think Green Bay could snipe him before 31. I also think him and or Ertz could both go between 31 and 34. Jacksonville also needs a TE and they have the 1st pick in round #2. That's if they still believe in Gabbert.

They do have Lewis. It's not a dire need unless they plan in running a lot of 2 TE sets, but Eifert could be BPA at 33 for them. I think they have greater needs on the OL & DL's and at OLB and DB and I'm think it's more likely 33 is going to fill one of those needs as opposed to a TE. Also would not rule out a trade back there for them.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:

Agree totally, last year we spent most of our picks on offense, now it's time for our defense to add depth

Yes, better to get a TE in round 3-4 area like: Vance McDonald or Travis Kelce . . .also some good late rd prospects like Kasa and Stoneburner. . . better to use the high picks for DE or CB
Nobody really knows what Celek has to offer, but I have a feeling the coaches have high hopes in him.
So they may wanna only invest a mid round pick on the TE position. My opinion.
[ Edited by BigBug415 on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone