There are 576 users in the forums

Tyler Eifert at 31 or 34?

Originally posted by BigBug415:
Why is everyone so quick to jump on these te's?? Last year Fleener, now this dude?
How bout we fix the real problem areas...pass rush and secondary.

i love how a lot of posters get upset when someone wants us to draft a offensive piece with one of the first few picks. I mean seriously we have 14 picks. 14!!! we can ore than meat our needs and even trade up if we want to get someone we feel like is worth it. The draft is not ruined if we take a offensive piece like Eifert, Austin or Allen. in the first pick or 2. we still have plenty of ammunition to get defensive players in the draft to fill holes. 14 picks lol
I like Eifert a lot more than Ertz, that's for sure.
Brooks and several other rankings have Cyprien ranked 45th-50th

Brooks - 49) John Cyprien, S, Florida International

49ers have limited cap room and limited roster spots available and with 14 picks Baalke will be making trades...

49ers trade 5 picks for 2 picks with Chicago who want to trade down for more picks...

20th - Cordarrelle Patterson (34th & 61st to Chicago)
31st - Tyler Eifert
50th - John Cyprien (74th & 93rd & 128th to Chicago)

Would be absolutely elated to come out of the 2013 draft with a big fast explosive wideout in Cordarrelle Patterson a monster TE in Tyler Eifert to take over from Walker & a solid safety in John Cyprien.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for cools.
I'd rather use those early picks on DL, CB, S, and grab a TE later

31 J.Williams (DL)
34 J.Banks (CB)

Trade up the middle of 2nd and draft a safety

Grab a TE like J.Reed, Florida in the 3rd/4th
Agree w/BigBug415 - pass rush and secondary.

Patterson Eifert & Cyprien would be a phenomenal top 3 49ers draft for 2013!!

Mayock's updated Safety rankings...

Safety
1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse

Patterson and Eifert add weapons for CK7's offensive attack will help bigtime at extending drives scoring TD's in the Red Zone and keeping 49ers D off the field and rested. Cyprien would be a great Safety pickup at around 45-50th overall.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Brooks and several other rankings have Cyprien ranked 45th-50th

Brooks - 49) John Cyprien, S, Florida International

49ers have limited cap room and limited roster spots available and with 14 picks Baalke will be making trades...

49ers trade 5 picks for 2 picks with Chicago who want to trade down for more picks...

20th - Cordarrelle Patterson (34th & 61st to Chicago)
31st - Tyler Eifert
50th - John Cyprien (74th & 93rd & 128th to Chicago)

Would be absolutely elated to come out of the 2013 draft with a big fast explosive wideout in Cordarrelle Patterson a monster TE in Tyler Eifert to take over from Walker & a solid safety in John Cyprien.

This would be a nightmare, we need to conserve as many picks in the top 100 to defense. I am all for grabbing Eifert at 31 or 34 but I wouldnt trade 34 and 61 for another offensive weapon when he have glaring needs on the defense. If we were to trade up to #20, I would rather have it be because Star falls or Trufant is still on the board. I dont think WR is really a need on this team. I honestly think Ricardo Lockette is going to be a big factor on our team. At least Harbaugh thinks that, so I dont see us trading up for a WR.
[ Edited by xela510 on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
We used Delanie on 56% of plays last year. People here really underestimate our need to replace him. If Vernon goes down and we have to rely solely on Celek that's a devastating blow.

I think people overrate our DL needs too. The need for a nose tackle just isn't as important with all the nickel defenses teams play nowadays. It's a passing league.

Secondary is definitely our biggest need, but if Eifert is there he should be our pick.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
Fact is there is so much depth at the S and DT positions within the top 100 and theres not a clear major gap in the level of talent between them. If Tyler Eifert is available at 31 we should definitely take him...the guy is easily the BPA and a BLUE chip at his position. Secondly, Eifert would be an immediate help with our redzone issues.
I'd be happy with either Eifert or Ertz...both can make plays and are improving their blocking. Fans need to remember neither Vernon nor Delanie were good blockers when they were drafted...they learned that skill from Niner coaches. The risk in taking a TE that early is it can mean missing out on one of the top S, CB's or DL...ideally, Baalke could get a top DL at #31 and Eifert or Ertz at #34. I think Eifert will be gone earlier in 1st rd, but it's really hard to tell. I could definitely see GB taking him, although by re-signing Finley it may not be as high of a priority for them now. BL: either Eifert or Ertz would give Kap a very solid receiver to replace Walker.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
We used Delanie on 56% of plays last year. People here really underestimate our need to replace him. If Vernon goes down and we have to rely solely on Celek that's a devastating blow.

I think people overrate our DL needs too. The need for a nose tackle just isn't as important with all the nickel defenses teams play nowadays. It's a passing league.

Secondary is definitely our biggest need, but if Eifert is there he should be our pick.

Agreed Eifert would be a great addition and you would think after what happened to the WR group the last 2 seasons some people would see the need to have a solid WR core.

Originally posted by xela510:
This would be a nightmare, we need to conserve as many picks in the top 100 to defense. I am all for grabbing Eifert at 31 or 34 but I wouldnt trade 34 and 61 for another offensive weapon when he have glaring needs on the defense. If we were to trade up to #20, I would rather have it be because Star falls or Trufant is still on the board. I dont think WR is really a need on this team. I honestly think Ricardo Lockette is going to be a big factor on our team. At least Harbaugh thinks that, so I dont see us trading up for a WR.

No actually your plan for the draft would be a nightmare.

We probably only have the cap room and the roster space for 4-5 picks especially if Baalke adds depth to the D with FA vets.

And of the top 4 picks i have us positioning for...

1. Patterson - consensus #1 ranked wideout learns develops and can contribute now then takes over for Boldin and or Crabtree in 1-2 years
2. Eifert - consenus #1 ranked TE takes over for Walker big red zone beast
3. Cyprien - consensus top 2-4 safety in the draft
4. BPA according to need
5. Remaining picks are traded for 2014 picks

Add defensive depth where needed with vets.

Not too shabby in my books.
[ Edited by SkyGod on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Agreed Eifert would be a great addition and you would think after what happened to the WR group the last 2 seasons some people would see the need to have a solid WR core.

No actually your plan for the draft would be a nightmare.

We probably only have the cap room and the roster space for 4-5 picks especially if Baalke adds depth to the D with FA vets.

And of the top 4 picks i have us positioning for...

1. Patterson - consensus #1 ranked wideout learns develops and can contribute now then takes over for Boldin and or Crabtree in 1-2 years
2. Eifert - consenus #1 ranked TE takes over for Walker big red zone beast
3. Cyprien - consensus top 2-4 safety in the draft
4. BPA according to need
5. Remaining picks are traded for 2014 picks

Add defensive depth where needed with vets.

Not too shabby in my books.
100% They will not trade up for Patterson. Its just not going to happen. We have Wide Receivers and its not really a need for us anymore. We have Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Kyle William, Aj Jenkins and Ricardo Lockette. Harbaugh seems to be high on Lockette so there is no way we trade two valuable picks that we can use to grab CB or DL of higher caliber on an a WR we dont need. If we grab Eifert and Patterson, there wont be any more room on the field for other key players. Having Vernon, Eifert, Crabtree and Boldin line up is good enough.
I think the 9ers have been looking at Travis Kelce, comparison to Rob Gronk, sounds like a good prospect
Originally posted by xela510:
100% They will not trade up for Patterson. Its just not going to happen. We have Wide Receivers and its not really a need for us anymore. We have Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Kyle William, Aj Jenkins and Ricardo Lockette. Harbaugh seems to be high on Lockette so there is no way we trade two valuable picks that we can use to grab CB or DL of higher caliber on an a WR we dont need. If we grab Eifert and Patterson, there wont be any more room on the field for other key players. Having Vernon, Eifert, Crabtree and Boldin line up is good enough.

100% they won't draft WR Patterson huh do you work for the 49ers? lol

They have already had in Patton & Austin and before April 25th Patterson will be in as well 49ers clearly see the need to get at least 1 WR in this draft.

And if Patterson falls to around 20th the 49ers would be fools to pass on a wideout with Patterson's skill set.

Boldin is gone in 1 or 2.
Crabtree is gone in 2 years like Goldson to the highest bidder.
Manningham is coming off a brutal knee injury
Jenkins hasn't impressed
Williams coming off knee surgery is at best a 4-5 slot receiver on a SB contending team
Lockette couldn't beat out anyone for playing time in 2013
I can just see skygod fapping to Patterson pics daily.
Share 49ersWebzone