There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft with trade up for Tavon Austin - The perfect situation!

i really love all the players and i think this is amazing draft because you covered every area of need and some BUT i dislike trading with the rams
I too put together some packaging in another thread, and the essence was we could get the 20th and 25th pick plus the 61st pick...starters all. My guess/hope is that trent goes CB/S/DL/OT/WR but with the 20th and 25th pick Tavon is definitely able to be drafted by us. In my packaging, however, I used all 2013 players, and we ended up with picks 20,25, and 61, plus our 3 compensatories. So sure , we COULD do it, but I don't see any way in the world that baalke would give up a total of 8 picks to get us 2 firsts and a second, period. I would love to have Tavon, and yes he looks like that rare guy who could be the ONE. If we ended up with a terrible triumvarate at WR, that would be outstanding. But I don't see baalke doing that. Point is we COULD draft him if we really wanted, and THAT is what is fascinating.
LOL at Duke Williams in the 7th round....are you trying to be comical with this?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i really love all the players and i think this is amazing draft because you covered every area of need and some BUT i dislike trading with the rams

Thank you, in my future one I will avoid doing so.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
We dnt need dl early this is. Deep dl draft we need depth on dl not starters right away

This. Why does a lot of u think DL is what we need to draft with our first picks? Last time I checked we still have our starters. So you guys think that a DE for rotation with our first pick would have a bigger impact/playing time then Tavon Austin who would be our punt returner/maybe kick returner, deep threat, and basically a player we can use anywhere on offense save the line? Call me crazy but im pretty sure Austin would have far more impact for the team then a Jesse Williams and because it is a deep safety class which is also a greater need for STARTER then DL for rotation we can trade for Austin and still get one of the top safety

We're in a good position to use a pick on a luxury player like Austin, although after thinking about it, I have some changes to make hehe
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
We dnt need dl early this is. Deep dl draft we need depth on dl not starters right away

This. Why does a lot of u think DL is what we need to draft with our first picks? Last time I checked we still have our starters. So you guys think that a DE for rotation with our first pick would have a bigger impact/playing time then Tavon Austin who would be our punt returner/maybe kick returner, deep threat, and basically a player we can use anywhere on offense save the line? Call me crazy but im pretty sure Austin would have far more impact for the team then a Jesse Williams and because it is a deep safety class which is also a greater need for STARTER then DL for rotation we can trade for Austin and still get one of the top safety

We're in a good position to use a pick on a luxury player like Austin, although after thinking about it, I have some changes to make hehe

Vincent Frank ‏@VincentFrankNFL2h
Signing of Asomugha is a further indication 49ers will trade up in the draft. Don't have needs and too many picks

Austin
Sorry, Alford is trending more as a 1st rounder than a 4th. At worst he'll go at the end of rd. 2.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
"and you know this because you are on the coaching staff? Might be all smoke and mirrors. In addition, as someone stated, you really don't want to deal and help a division rival. Rams won't help us even if it means more picks for them to build and we won't help then rebuild with our picks."

My point is that it wouldn't surprise me at all if we drafted a high round receiver since Jenkins barely saw the field last year. Regarding the Rams, it's not as if they are the only team that might be willing to trade. We have a lot of trading ammunition this year so I think we have good chances to move up if we want a player.
Yeah love the players but the trade with Rams could do with changing.

If we picked all those i'd be ecstatic
I can see a lot of hard work has gone into this, is very well put together. But, I am sorry, none of those players excite me. The kind of names I would like to see are :

1) WR - Cordarrelle Patterson, if not Justin Hunter
2) TE - Eifert or Ertz, either one will do
3) S - Eric Reid
4) CB - David Amerson