LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

iLL9ers's first 3 rounds draft strategy- Thoughts appreciated

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Right, I saw MacDonald on the list. I'm just wondering why you prefer Rambo. I don't know much about him so I'd like to know your thinking. Also, I see your point on Trufant if it's true that he has better short area quickness. I think they'll put Brown on Harvin, but it would be nice to have someone who can absolutely stay with every little cut that player makes. Harvin is not a throw-it-to-him-even-if-he's-covered kind of receiver. He gets space, so if they can find a real quick slot corner to just cover his ass, they might completely negate his effectiveness. But on the other point, I haven't seen any prediction that has Tank going in the first round.

I keep reading tank is a 1st rd now...teams aren't worried about the acl now apparently...if he drops that'd be great

As for Rambo he is more risky character wise but he seems to be more of a ball hawk than most safeties in this class
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
So what ur plan is to start over with a new defense N have our players learn everything all over again.????d*MN just trade away everyone then N start over go back to losing is what ur plan sounds like .... NO THANK

We have the players to run 4-3 we were essentially in that alignment 60% of plays last yr

N this is why N how cause A.Smith lined up next to J..Smith ??? I don't remember seeing two DT out at same time last yr...
Aldon justin ray Ahmad lined up ...main pt is very easy to switch to 4-3 justin ray Alton can play it so can Willis bowman. Brooks can also
I honestly believe Tank will not go in the first. I'd be ecstatic with Trufant cuz I also believe he's the best corner in the draft and will be a star.
Aldon justin ray Ahmad lined up ...main pt is very easy to switch to 4-3 justin ray Alton can play it so can Willis bowman. Brooks can also

If u say so I mean we only been using N coaching tha 3-4 sense Nolan was head coach but yea turning 4-3 will be a breeze ...
Again we play both already
Cully was a good CB last year though, i'd like to see him continue to develop there I think he can be very good.

As for TE, I like Garrett Celek to perform well as the 2nd TE, he can block and catch..I think he'll step up. People are hyping up Delanie's loss a little too much.

I go back and forth w/ Baccari Rambo and Sharmko Thomas...when I watch Thomas I see instant ball recognition skills and great closing speed, Rambo seems to make more big plays though on the ball

I have no idea where people are getting that Culliver is a good player...that dude f#$#$% sucks. He was targeted in every game last year by every team and got torched repeatedly, not to mention got absolutely schooled the entire superbowl. He freaking sucks and shouldn't even be on the damn field.
He will play. he might even beat out carlos rogers allowing us to cut him and save $6M

If we cut Rogers now we only Save 1 Mil. If we cut Rogers after June 1st we save 4million. There is no scenario where we save 6 Million.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Cully was a good CB last year though, i'd like to see him continue to develop there I think he can be very good.

As for TE, I like Garrett Celek to perform well as the 2nd TE, he can block and catch..I think he'll step up. People are hyping up Delanie's loss a little too much.

I go back and forth w/ Baccari Rambo and Sharmko Thomas...when I watch Thomas I see instant ball recognition skills and great closing speed, Rambo seems to make more big plays though on the ball

I have no idea where people are getting that Culliver is a good player...that dude f#$#$% sucks. He was targeted in every game last year by every team and got torched repeatedly, not to mention got absolutely schooled the entire superbowl. He freaking sucks and shouldn't even be on the damn field.

Not saying he's great or he sucks but it was he's second yr he needs more time N a better Guy then Rogers to learn frm N listen to...
Share 49ersWebzone