There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Casserly's Updated Mock

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
No pass rush worth a s**t in the playoffs lets draft a 1st rd TE. We are gonna get a 6th ring drafting like that

The 49ers had the ball inside the 10 yard line....and they couldn't punch it in after 4 tries. To me, redzone offense and the ability to score is of UTMOST importance, who cares if they can move the ball down the field if every time they get within the 20 yard line the offense becomes about as a potent as heavily watered down Absolut.
I could care less if the guy makes the Pro Bowl.

It's the Super Bowl I'm concerned about.

Eifert is a very soild selection BUT is he the BEST selection we can make to get us the championship?

I don't think so. I really feel we can do MUCH better AND we have bigger needs. Like DLine.
Originally posted by 5280High:
#1 TE prospect vs #4-6 DL Prospect... you take Eifert everytime.

People are losing sight of the fact we have only 2 vacancies on defense, FS and NT, and for all we know NT may be filled by Dorsey. So the only spot a rookie could come in and start is at FS, and if no safety available at #31 has 1st round value then the #1 TE becomes a very possible pick.

Who played more snaps DW or Soap? Eifert would play more snaps in our offense than any D-Line prospect would play for our defense, thats a fact.
This. 5280, I've been stating this over and over but the playoffs have neutralized some brains. Somehow, having a high-draft backup to Justin makes more sense to people than a high-draft backup to Vernon.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Eifert is a very soild selection BUT is he the BEST selection we can make to get us the championship?

I don't think so. I really feel we can do MUCH better AND we have bigger needs. Like DLine.

The #2 TE in this offense plays over 50% of the snaps. Somehow I doubt a backup DE will have the same impact as Eifert would. If there's no value at DE or Safety, I wouldn't be upset with an Eifert selection in the slightest.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

In the content of Casserly's draft, the pick of Eifert makes sense.

Look at who was picked in his mock and who is still on the board.
the defensive secondary is the reason we lost the superbowl,so we should draft a ss-fs or cb first.imo
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The 49ers had the ball inside the 10 yard line....and they couldn't punch it in after 4 tries. To me, redzone offense and the ability to score is of UTMOST importance, who cares if they can move the ball down the field if every time they get within the 20 yard line the offense becomes about as a potent as heavily watered down Absolut.

Phoenix49ers peace.

Excellent post Eifert would be very effective and extremely difficult for opposing defenses to defend in the red zone.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
As per the draft trade value chart...

If Cordarrelle Patterson is still on the board at 20th overall...
Bears are rumored at 20th to want to trade down for extra picks...

To Bears: 49ers 31st 74th & 157th
To 49ers: 20th overall (Cordarrelle Patterson)

If Tyler Eifert is still on the board at 24th overall...
Colts do not have a 2nd round pick...

To Colts: 49ers 34th 93rd & 128th
To 49ers: 24th overall (Tyler Eifert)

Another draft day scenario i'd absolutely love to see play out...

If Patterson is still on the board at 20th overall...
Bears rumored at 20th to want to trade down for extra picks...

To Bears: 49ers 34th & 61st (works out bang on even trade as per chart)
To 49ers: 20th overall (Cordarrelle Patterson)

Then...

Eifert falls to 31st...

31. 49ers Tyler Eifert TE

We only give up our 2 2nd rounders for Patterson and take Eifert with our 31st don't have to trade up.
Adding Patterson and Eifert gives the 49ers the best offensive attack in the NFL.
49ers would still have 2 3rds 2 4ths 2 5ths etc...
Lots of options with these picks but can't keep em all...
So I favor at least 1 or 2 trade ups and would be stoked to get 2 future studs in Patterson & Eifert...
Again...for 2013 address defensive depth add vets via trades and or cheaper FA signings and or use the 2 3rds.
Eifert and Datone J. are at the top of my wish list, so .
I am glad to see some of this board coming around. Of course we take a CB or a DL first if one of the major talents fall, be that Datone, Carradine, Richardson, Trufant, Rhodes, etc. But if those guys are all gone, you still have to go with true talent and take a flyer on Eifert. There will be similar players to the 2nd and 3rd tier DL and CB guys late into the 2nd and early 3rd round. We have the draft collateral to move up and get them as well.

Talent first. Fill needs second We have plenty of picks with which to fill needs.

My guess for our picks as of today:

#31 Carradine or Datone
#34 Eifert

Trade back up into the mid 2nd for a CB like Jamar Taylor.

#61 Best safety left
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Eifert and Datone J. are at the top of my wish list, so .

I agree, and I like the way you wrote Datone J. so I didn't confuse him with all of the other Datones.

Edit in Tyler Eifert images
[ Edited by SkyGod on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
We really dont need TE we can pick one up in the 3rd round or 4th round so for the 1st round id go with datone jones from ucla or jonathan banks so we can groom him as the starter leaving carlos rogers to be released then we wont have to sign tarrel brown next brown with him and chris culliver as the starters or if we finally pick up nnamdi asumagha
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
No pass rush worth a s**t in the playoffs lets draft a 1st rd TE. We are gonna get a 6th ring drafting like that

"heavily watered down Absolut"

However, let's not forget, Roman's play calling/decision NOT to "punch" it in wasn't Gore's fault. Ngata was out, Gore was grinding, then all of a sudden, Roman out smarts himself

A voice in Roman's head [ hmmm, I think they know what we're gonna do next, I know I know, let's out smart them by calling 4 crappy pass plays... hehehehe, yeah, that'll really fool those dirty ratbirds ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
He may be a beast and I'm not knocking the kid, whatsoever. ALTHOUGH, we need more beasts wreaking havoc in the trenches and play-makers in the secondary. "Defense wins championships" ... we all know this.

Our offense put more than enough points to win that SB, but the defense couldn't hang and special teams was nothing special!

If the FO happens to get the TE with the first pick, I learn to like it, but I'll still be disappointed.
Did you watch the Niners play before Aldon and Justin got hurt?

Did you watch the rotation when they got hurt?
And if this year Vernon got hurt? Or Kaep, Crabtree, Boldin, Iupati, Gore? Objectively, the Niners have one starting position to fill at FS. All others require backups only. On both defense and offense equally. Equally.

Yes, I agree. Also, I would love to have either Ertz or Eifert and/or another top notch WR. BUT, if we had quality depth on the D-Line that would keep the run stuffin/pass rush consistent (3 n out all day)... putting the offense back on the field to score/run clock.

So far, all the Niners have done was replace Soap/RJF with Dorsey and Ian. Ian was part of the rotation/depth. The D-Line still lacks depth. AND so what "IF" they gas out towards the end of the season (again) and/or another significant injury on the D-Line... I don't even want to know what would happen if Willis and Bowman get injured for some time (God forbid).

The secondary wasn't spectacular, not even when the D-Line was healthy, so even if Dashon was still a 49er, the secondary needed a little improvement. Now that he's gone, the secondary needs a lot of improvement.

IMHO, if we don't grab (Nnamdi, Rhodes or Winfield) to help the secondary and land one more vet for the D-Line (Seymour, Abraham or Idonije), the Niners are going to have to do their due diligence on which defensive rookie(s) can produce from day one.

I just don't see them picking an offensive player with the first pick. But who knows what HarBaalke will be thinking when the time comes ... I just would rather have them get FS and/or DE before TE or WR.