There are 338 users in the forums

Casserly's Updated Mock

31. 49ers - Tyler Eifert TE

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/170651
With the Packers keeping their TE Finley, I can definitely see Eifert dropping to the bottom of the 1st, and I can see Harbaalke making that pick.
I hope not we have bigger needs N there is some good mid round TEs ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

You do realize that the theory of getting just as good a TE as a consensus 1st round pick like Tyler Eifert in the mid rounds is very risky.

You could very well end up with a mediocre TE or a complete bust or if your lucky a Jimmy Graham. But it's definitely a riskier pick.

Look at Eifert's game film and photos of him making jump ball catches way up high over the DB's all over the field and in the Red Zone which we desperately need.

From what I see and have been reading reviews are Eifert's floor will easily be at worst a top 10 NFL tight end and his ceiling will be a pro bowler when he hits his prime.
[ Edited by SkyGod on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyGod:

You do realize that the theory of getting just as good a TE as a consensus 1st round pick like Tyler Eifert in the mid rounds is very risky.

You could very well end up with a mediocre TE or a complete bust or if your lucky a Jimmy Graham. But it's definitely a riskier pick.

Look at Eifert's game film and photos of him making jump ball catches way up high over the DB's all over the field and in the Red Zone which we desperately need.

From what I see and have been reading reviews are Eifert's floor will easily be at worst a top 10 NFL tight end and his ceiling will be a pro bowler when he hits his prime.

Its all talk N BS till he plays N I'm still thinking N believe we have bigger needs to fill then a wasted/luxury first round TE guess people didn't see it was our defense that got used N abused during tha playoffs ... we need DE/CB/SS/FS/DT HELP YOUTH ON DEFENSE ...
I'd be shocked if he made it to 25. He is a Day One starter, and probable Pro Bowler within two years.
Its all talk N BS till he plays N I'm still thinking N believe we have bigger needs to fill then a wasted/luxury first round TE guess people didn't see it was our defense that got used N abused during tha playoffs ... we need DE/CB/SS/FS/DT HELP YOUTH ON DEFENSE ...

For 2013 we need veteran help on defense to get back and win a Super Bowl rookies anywhere on D will be attacked and exposed.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'd be shocked if he made it to 25. He is a Day One starter, and probable Pro Bowler within two years.

Which is why we don't need him. We have a day one starter named Vernon Davis.
Eifert has been growing on me. I heard mixed results about his blocking, which we all know Delanie excelled at. So we will see if we can clean up his blocking if we take him. But when it comes to the passing game. He is a total beast. A tall, athletic freak who can make crazy catches. Would like to get him and he has a real chance of dropping to us unlike my draft crush (Austin).
Originally posted by SkyGod:

For 2013 we need veteran help on defense to get back and win a Super Bowl rookies anywhere on D will be attacked and exposed.

N how does a rookie become a veteran with playing time .....besides we sit most rookies N let them learn so 2014 would be that much better of a defense .. and RJF had snaps under his belt N still got pushed around like a rug doll ...

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Which is why we don't need him. We have a day one starter named Vernon Davis.

You can start 2 TEs
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He may be a beast and I'm not knocking the kid, whatsoever. ALTHOUGH, we need more beasts wreaking havoc in the trenches and play-makers in the secondary. "Defense wins championships" ... we all know this.

Our offense put more than enough points to win that SB, but the defense couldn't hang and special teams was nothing special!

If the FO happens to get the TE with the first pick, I learn to like it, but I'll still be disappointed.
I'll remind some of you that the 49ers once had a TE named Brent Jones and he was a big TE beast and an integral part of the 49ers offensive attack and success for many years.

We need a big fast 6'5 tight end who can get up over DB's and grab darts from CK7 especially in the red zone.

49ers have not had that type of TE since Brent Jones eons ago.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Do you make that pick if you were GM and he was there for us at 31? Or another player who dropped in this mock?
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM ]
Eifert is a solid pick. He and Boldin will be unmatched in the redzone. A safety and defensive lineman can come in the second and third rounds. The X-factor is Baalke, who knows what he's plotting.
Share 49ersWebzone