LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 382 users in the forums

Casserly's Updated Mock

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'd be shocked if he made it to 25. He is a Day One starter, and probable Pro Bowler within two years.

Do you make that pick if you were GM and he was there for us at 31? Or another player who dropped in this mock?

If Eifert is available at 31, which I don't think he will be, I'd bet he'd be BPA at that pick, which means Baalke should take him
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyGod:
I'll remind some of you that the 49ers once had a TE named Brent Jones and he was a big TE beast and an integral part of the 49ers offensive attack and success for many years.

We need a big fast 6'5 tight end who can get up over DB's and grab darts from CK7 especially in the red zone.

49ers have not had that type of TE since Brent Jones eons ago.

HOFer of course! Beast with great hands!! But I know 11 year olds than run better than he did (at times).

Our offense is ready for another SB, it will be better than last years' offense. A TE can wait another eon, perhaps.

The Defense and Special Teams needs to get back to 2011 status or better...
Tyler Eifert Film...
Big 6'5 255lbs fast athletic great at jump balls knows how to go up and get the rock
Can lineup anywhere even outside and create mismatches with midget size DB's
#1 consensus ranked TE in the draft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w

[ Edited by SkyGod on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Its all talk N BS till he plays N I'm still thinking N believe we have bigger needs to fill then a wasted/luxury first round TE guess people didn't see it was our defense that got used N abused during tha playoffs ... we need DE/CB/SS/FS/DT HELP YOUTH ON DEFENSE ...

For 2013 we need veteran help on defense to get back and win a Super Bowl rookies anywhere on D will be attacked and exposed.

N how does a rookie become a veteran with playing time .....besides we sit most rookies N let them learn so 2014 would be that much better of a defense .. and RJF had snaps under his belt N still got pushed around like a rug doll ...

Originally posted by LVJay:
He may be a beast and I'm not knocking the kid, whatsoever. ALTHOUGH, we need more beasts wreaking havoc in the trenches and play-makers in the secondary. "Defense wins championships" ... we all know this.

Our offense put more than enough points to win that SB, but the defense couldn't hang and special teams was nothing special!

If the FO happens to get the TE with the first pick, I learn to like it, but I'll still be disappointed.
Did you watch the Niners play before Aldon and Justin got hurt?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
He may be a beast and I'm not knocking the kid, whatsoever. ALTHOUGH, we need more beasts wreaking havoc in the trenches and play-makers in the secondary. "Defense wins championships" ... we all know this.

Our offense put more than enough points to win that SB, but the defense couldn't hang and special teams was nothing special!

If the FO happens to get the TE with the first pick, I learn to like it, but I'll still be disappointed.
Did you watch the Niners play before Aldon and Justin got hurt?

Did you watch the rotation when they got hurt?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
With the Packers keeping their TE Finley, I can definitely see Eifert dropping to the bottom of the 1st, and I can see Harbaalke making that pick.

naaaaah
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eifert is a solid pick. He and Boldin will be unmatched in the redzone. A safety and defensive lineman can come in the second and third rounds. The X-factor is Baalke, who knows what he's plotting.
Eifert would be awesome. I really don't think the Niners would take him though even if he was there. Whoever they draft will pretty much have to start from day one unless Harbaugh feels good about Celek. So it wouldn't matter if it was Eifert, Ertz, Kelce, Celek, etc... One of those guys will have to be ready by week 1 because didn't Delanie Walker play 53% of the snaps as the second TE.

Eifert's hands would be amazing and he does a great job in the redzone by positioning his body like a basketball player to post up and get the ball. I'm just afraid that his blocking is ok and that might be a liability for a power run team. Even with Kaep at QB I think the Niners will still try and pound the football.
If Eifert falls to 31, it really does become a no-brainer to take him. A combination of Davis and Eifert at TE with Boldin and Crabtree at WR would be absolutely lethal, especially in the redzone.
I agree with this pick 100%. TE is actually a big need for us. DL has become less of a need due to Dorsey and the confidence the FO has in Ian Williams with his new contract so we get a DT later in the draft because this draft is deep.

Safety is also loaded so going S with our first may not be best.

We are still good at CB for the most part even though our guys got man handled in the post season but that was due to a lack of pass rush with the smiths injured. Remember cully is still young and brown just started to realize his potential 2 seasons ago so he still has room to improve but rogers is the only CB that I think will continue to be inconsistent. I would still like a CB somewhere but not in the first

We do have Vernon but roman's offense needs two good TEs to be reach its potential. Even with walker, who is overrated, our 2 TE sets were hard to handle so imagine Vernon and Eifert....they would be a deadly combo.

Boldin and Crabs on the outside. Eifert and VD lined near the OL. Gore,hunter, or james in the backfield. THAT IS ALOT TO HANDLE AND PLAN FOR!

Originally posted by dhp318:
You can start 2 TEs

2TEs, 5 Olineman, 1 QB, 1 FB, 1 RB, 1 WR <- that makes 11. So if we start two TE's your telling me were going to Bench Boldin? No way
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eifert is a solid pick. He and Boldin will be unmatched in the redzone. A safety and defensive lineman can come in the second and third rounds. The X-factor is Baalke, who knows what he's plotting.

Something evil for sure... Really Eifert would be a sweet pick he fit us perfect. We can line him up outside, slot, anywhere on the field he be a solid replacement for walker. I have no problem with his blocking i think he's solid. Walker sucked at blocking his first few years in the nfl he was a wr in college incase you all forgot, he use to get run over by dudes...
I think he is best player available by a long way at #31. I don't think it'll happen though.

D-Line and Secondary is very important but we can move around the draft to collect them in the 2nd and third rounds. If Eifert and Datone Jones/Jesse Williams are available at 31 we can pick Eifert then move up 2 spots and collect Williams or Jones. Simples

No brainer Vernon and Eifert would be a ridiculous offense for Kap.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
2TEs, 5 Olineman, 1 QB, 1 FB, 1 RB, 1 WR <- that makes 11. So if we start two TE's your telling me were going to Bench Boldin? No way

Miller would be the odd man out there
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I agree with this pick 100%. TE is actually a big need for us. DL has become less of a need due to Dorsey and the confidence the FO has in Ian Williams with his new contract so we get a DT later in the draft because this draft is deep.

Safety is also loaded so going S with our first may not be best.

We are still good at CB for the most part even though our guys got man handled in the post season but that was due to a lack of pass rush with the smiths injured. Remember cully is still young and brown just started to realize his potential 2 seasons ago so he still has room to improve but rogers is the only CB that I think will continue to be inconsistent. I would still like a CB somewhere but not in the first

We do have Vernon but roman's offense needs two good TEs to be reach its potential. Even with walker, who is overrated, our 2 TE sets were hard to handle so imagine Vernon and Eifert....they would be a deadly combo.

Boldin and Crabs on the outside. Eifert and VD lined near the OL. Gore,hunter, or james in the backfield. THAT IS ALOT TO HANDLE AND PLAN FOR!

I agree. It is a no brainer if Eifert is still there at #31, he is a top 15-20 talent. I can just about guarantee there won't be any top 15-20 DT, pass rushers, FS, that fall to #31. So why reach for a player with a 2nd round grade just because of need when we pick again at #34? Go with the BPA, don't reach for need. Remember the last time we reached, we ended up with an awesome combo of Balmer and Rachal instead of taking the BPA DeSean Jackson... Which to this day still chaps my @$$.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Mar 26, 2013 at 5:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone