There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Casserly's Updated Mock

No pass rush worth a s**t in the playoffs lets draft a 1st rd TE. We are gonna get a 6th ring drafting like that
Eifert could take Walker's snaps by lining up in the backfield, tight or out wide. Not a problem having another great TE. Question--Is the third round TE better than the third round DT or S? Who would make the biggest impact--a second tight end replacing Walker? Or a back up DT who may or may not play?

The team will likely make some surprise moves in the draft and fill any need voids with late FAs. This is one of the most exciting drafts I can recall!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
He may be a beast and I'm not knocking the kid, whatsoever. ALTHOUGH, we need more beasts wreaking havoc in the trenches and play-makers in the secondary. "Defense wins championships" ... we all know this.

Our offense put more than enough points to win that SB, but the defense couldn't hang and special teams was nothing special!

If the FO happens to get the TE with the first pick, I learn to like it, but I'll still be disappointed.
Did you watch the Niners play before Aldon and Justin got hurt?

Did you watch the rotation when they got hurt?
And if this year Vernon got hurt? Or Kaep, Crabtree, Boldin, Iupati, Gore? Objectively, the Niners have one starting position to fill at FS. All others require backups only. On both defense and offense equally. Equally.
If we could land him or Ertz, I will be a very happy 49ers fan, we have 4 picks in the top 100, so we will for sure grabbing some talent to improve our pass rush for sure .....but adding another big target with good hands, will go a long way towards improving our red zone offense
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
No pass rush worth a s**t in the playoffs lets draft a 1st rd TE. We are gonna get a 6th ring drafting like that

Injuries also played a huge part in our lack of a pass rush towards the end of the season. Our inability to score in the redzone was due to a lack of players that can and will go up and catch the ball with their hands. Take the best player over need. We need quality depth/future replacements to help keep our pass rushers healthy and fresh, not replacements for right now imo. At FS and #2 TE we have big holes so I would say fill those 2 positions first if the players on the board are still there.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
I'll remind some of you that the 49ers once had a TE named Brent Jones and he was a big TE beast and an integral part of the 49ers offensive attack and success for many years.

We need a big fast 6'5 tight end who can get up over DB's and grab darts from CK7 especially in the red zone.

49ers have not had that type of TE since Brent Jones eons ago.

Wow, not a Vernon Davis fan are you? We already have a starting Probowl TE with those specs you just mentioned, no way Baalke takes a TE that high to be VD's backup.
[ Edited by vermonator on Mar 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM ]
As per the draft trade value chart...

If Cordarrelle Patterson is still on the board at 20th overall...
Bears are rumored at 20th to want to trade down for extra picks...

To Bears: 49ers 31st 74th & 157th
To 49ers: 20th overall (Cordarrelle Patterson)

If Tyler Eifert is still on the board at 24th overall...
Colts do not have a 2nd round pick...

To Colts: 49ers 34th 93rd & 128th
To 49ers: 24th overall (Tyler Eifert)

Originally posted by vermonator:
Wow, not a Vernon Davis fan are you? We already have a starting probowl TE, no way Baalke takes a TE that high to be a backup.

Love Vernon Davis love CK7 to Vernon Davis & Tyler Eifert even better.

And Eifert replaces Walker and won't be a backup.

Brady to Gronk & Hernandez
Kaepernick to Davis & Eifert
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Love Vernon Davis love CK7 to Vernon Davis & Tyler Eifert even better.

And Eifert replaces Walker and won't be a backup.

Brady to Gronk & Hernandez
Kaepernick to Davis & Eifert

Only if Eifert's the BPA, we will soon see... Glad we're not the ones making these decisions.
  • buck
  • Veteran
This seems like a simple no-brainer to me.

In this mock, these players are gone:

Safeties: Vaccaro, Reid, and Elam.
CB: Milliner, Trufant and Rhodes.
DL: Floyd, Lotulelei, and Richardson

In this mock these are the significant players left on the board:

Tyler Eifert, Datone Jones, Jessie Williams, Sylvester Williams, Johnthan Banks

This is the board.

31 SF

32 Balt-- Minter obvious need at ILB, predictable

33 JACK-- took Dion Jordon DE in the first

34 SF

We take Eifert at 31--best player available at a position of need.

At 34, we choose one from: Datone Jones, Jessie Williams, Sylvester Williams, or Johnthan Banks.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM ]
Given Baalke has another pick right afterwards, why not grab the best TE in the country. He can take one of the top DL at #34, then draft FS Phillip Thomas at the end of 2nd rd.
Tyler Eifert coached up and pumped up in that new 49ers gym

Tyler Eifert <> Jimmy Graham.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Given Baalke has another pick right afterwards, why not grab the best TE in the country. He can take one of the top DL at #34, then draft FS Phillip Thomas at the end of 2nd rd.

This would be the ONLY scenario that would get my blessing. I still think we shud go DL, but this could work, if Thomas is there at bottom of 2nd rd., I like Vance Mac. Donald in the 3rd. if this doesnt play out though..
I think he'll be there
#1 TE prospect vs #4-6 DL Prospect... you take Eifert everytime.

People are losing sight of the fact we have only 2 vacancies on defense, FS and NT, and for all we know NT may be filled by Dorsey. So the only spot a rookie could come in and start is at FS, and if no safety available at #31 has 1st round value then the #1 TE becomes a very possible pick.

Who played more snaps DW or Soap? Eifert would play more snaps in our offense than any D-Line prospect would play for our defense, thats a fact.
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home