There are 215 users in the forums

Scott Wright's Updated Mock (03/23/13)

• TJA85
  • Veteran
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

Round 1 Pick 31st 49ers - TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
Not bad. Wouldn't be upset about that
I think there is better value with some of the other TE's in the draft than Ertz at 31, and picking him just pisses me off even more that Baalke was too stupid not to take Fleener last year and wasted a pick on that douche Jenkins.
Jesse Williams, Cyprien, DeAndre Hopkins and Datone Jones still on the board and we go with a backup TE?

My favorite part is him saying that safety MIGHT BE a possibility if we don't think Dahl can replace Goldson. Dahl is getting paid barely more than a practice sqauder! Again Scott Wright shows that he has no idea what he's talking about.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Jesse Williams, Cyprien, DeAndre Hopkins and Datone Jones still on the board and we go with a backup TE?

My favorite part is him saying that safety MIGHT BE a possibility if we don't think Dahl can replace Goldson. Dahl is getting paid barely more than a practice sqauder! Again Scott Wright shows that he has no idea what he's talking about.

I agree wholeheartedly. TE with what's remaining on board would be a major disappointment.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I think there is better value with some of the other TE's in the draft than Ertz at 31, and picking him just pisses me off even more that Baalke was too stupid not to take Fleener last year and wasted a pick on that douche Jenkins.

Yeah it would have been so much smarter for the 49ers to draft one bust over another last year. Lol what a idiot.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by bigwads:

Yeah it would have been so much smarter for the 49ers to draft one bust over another last year. Lol what a idiot.

But early to call either a bust but Jenkins case as bust is more robust sadly
Ertz at 31
I looked at a dozen or so mocks yesterday on Walter's Football mock draft database...and most were mediocre to awful. One of the most interesting I saw was Draft Tek Consensus...strong on DL, TE, S...no WR, but w/Eifert & Dion Sims, a huge dude w/soft hands, that'd give Kap two big, reliable targets. Needs to improve his blocking (in run game), but decent pass protector. Really like the Jenkins, Hunt, Boyd combo...all big guys who should really beef up the DL...probably only Jenkins & Hunt would make the team w/Boyd as a potential for PS. Also like the S group...P. Thomas, Lester especially. Manuel's a good QB...could be gone by 4th, but maybe not. Got Mathieu (CB)and McCallebb for speedy return guys. Gooden at ILB and OT Wetzel provide depth. Travis Johnson's a very good OLB...fact he played at San Jose St arguably hurt his draft stock, but the dude can play.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

No freakin' way. Ertz wouldn't be near the BPA, and a 2nd TE won't make nearly the impact that some other positions will be.
I would bedisappointed with this pick. I don't think we need to spend a 1st round pick on a number 2 TE. It's going to be very interesting to see who we pick in the 1st round because this team doesn't have a lot of holes.
I've only seen the Oregon game, but I didn't like his blocking... didn't get great separation either as a receiver, although I thought he played well in general.

we pass on Jones twice apparently
Originally posted by babarvaart:

we pass on Jones twice apparently

I can see us passing on Jones as well. I think a big Dline guy like Williams, Jenkins that can play a couple of positions on the line etc and Receiver whether wide or TE will be our first two picks. BPA on those needs.
Share 49ersWebzone