LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

My 7 round mock

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
No thanks to Matt Elam. Donte Whitner 2.0

how exactly did you get that comparison? i see no comparison to donte whitner besides their height.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
wow, have you seen how good are team is? we can afford to pick a running back like Lattimore, who was considered the top running back prior to his injury. the guy is an absolute stud and he would basically red shirt his first year with us.

Matt Elam measured in at 5'10'' at the combine. so that means he is 5'10'' lol. you know who else is under 6 feet? safeties like troy polamalu, eric weddle, ed reed, donte whitner. doesn't matter if Elam is 5'10''. the guy can play.

Yes I have seen how good the 49er are. Yes I have watch there game. Have you????? I figure you have. I remeber how good they where in the 80s and 90s then one bad draft after another and they where not very good. They where in cap hell for sometime that was no fun. No they can not afford to mess up on the draft. I do not care how good they are. They need to draft Good player to stay on top. They can not Afford to piss away second or third round pick and take chances. So Im glad you are not drafting. I have said I have nothing against Lattimore. But if he is out for the year I would not draft him before the end of the 4th or 5th round. They can get very good players in the 2ed, 3rd and 4th round that will play next year and many more past that year. Plus If hunter is doing OK I do not think they will draft a RB in the early rounds. If hunter is not doing ok I think they should draft a RB earlyer. and AS far as Elam goes there are many reports that where saying he was 5'8" i get what your saying about combine i didnt know that he came in at 5'10" so I guess since he is the same hight as Ed Reed that means he is just as good a player.
[ Edited by dlance on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
Originally posted by dlance:
wow, have you seen how good are team is? we can afford to pick a running back like Lattimore, who was considered the top running back prior to his injury. the guy is an absolute stud and he would basically red shirt his first year with us.

Matt Elam measured in at 5'10'' at the combine. so that means he is 5'10'' lol. you know who else is under 6 feet? safeties like troy polamalu, eric weddle, ed reed, donte whitner. doesn't matter if Elam is 5'10''. the guy can play.

Yes I have seen how good the 49er are. Yes I have watch there game. Have you????? I figure you have. I remeber how good they where in the 80s and 90s then one bad draft after another and they where not very good. They where in cap hell for sometime that was no fun. No they can not afford to mess up on the draft. I do not care how good they are. They need to draft Good player to stay on top. They can not Afford to piss away second or third round pick and take chances. So Im glad you are not drafting. I have said I have nothing against Lattimore. But if he is out for the year I would not draft him before the end of the 4th or 5th round. They can get very good players in the 2ed, 3rd and 4th round that will play next year and many more past that year. Plus If hunter is doing OK I do not think they will draft a RB in the early rounds. If hunter is not doing ok I think they should draft a RB earlyer. and AS far as Elam goes there are many reports that where saying he was 5'8" i get what your saying about combine i didnt know that he came in at 5'10" so I guess since he is the same hight as Ed Reed that means he is just as good a player.

you have nothing against Lattimore but you wouldn't draft him with a 4th round comp pick? you mention that you've never watched him play, but the guy was absolutely a top running back as a freshman, and was tearing it up his sophomore and junior season before getting hurt. it's GREAT value if he was there in the 4th and for him to possibly "redshirt" for us in his rookie year. why can we afford that? because we've got a great veteran team built for the playoffs and we've got a LOAD of draft picks and unfortunately, not all will make the team. so yes, we should take a chance on an injured player with the potential to be a STAR in the NFL. Our coaches get the best out of their draft picks.

regarding Elam, please post a link with reports that say he's 5'8''. i didn't say that he was gonna be as good as reed or the other players i posted. i'm basically arguing against your logic that because he was "short" by your standard, he can't play the position, which is pretty ignorant considering the top players that have played safety under 6 feet.

you may be glad that i'm not drafting, which is a childish statement considering that i don't have a job with the team, but i know my college football, which according to your posts, you know almost nothing about.
you have nothing against Lattimore but you wouldn't draft him with a 4th round comp pick? you mention that you've never watched him play, but the guy was absolutely a top running back as a freshman, and was tearing it up his sophomore and junior season before getting hurt. it's GREAT value if he was there in the 4th and for him to possibly "redshirt" for us in his rookie year. why can we afford that? because we've got a great veteran team built for the playoffs and we've got a LOAD of draft picks and unfortunately, not all will make the team. so yes, we should take a chance on an injured player with the potential to be a STAR in the NFL. Our coaches get the best out of their draft picks.

regarding Elam, please post a link with reports that say he's 5'8''. i didn't say that he was gonna be as good as reed or the other players i posted. i'm basically arguing against your logic that because he was "short" by your standard, he can't play the position, which is pretty ignorant considering the top players that have played safety under 6 feet.

you may be glad that i'm not drafting, which is a childish statement considering that i don't have a job with the team, but i know my college football, which according to your posts, you know almost nothing about.

I like how you are just using the part of what I said that support your side or your opinion and ignore the rest. now that is childish. I clearly said I would draft him at the end of the 4th round. That would be a 4th round comp pick. I never said I do not know anything about collage football. All I said is that I have never seen Lattimore play. So now your making stuff up. want to talk about Childish. Sorry I have not watched every football game or seen every football player that is coming out in this years draft. you can disagree with me all you want it does not hurt my feeling. That is why we are on this bord.

I really thought Elam was 5'8" sorry I made a mistake. they where talking about how short he was on the path to the draft. they said he was a good play but short. they said he was 5'8" that is where i got it from. 5'10" is fine to play FS. you may know football but you do not know me, so maybe you should think about that before you start calling people childish and ignorant, all your doing is making your self look bad.
[ Edited by dlance on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]

I like how you are just using the part of what I said that support your side or your opinion and ignore the rest. now that is childish. I clearly said I would draft him at the end of the 4th round. That would be a 4th round comp pick. I never said I do not know anything about collage football. All I said is that I have never seen Lattimore play. So now your making stuff up. want to talk about Childish. Sorry I have not watched every football game or seen every football player that is coming out in this years draft. you can disagree with me all you want it does not hurt my feeling. That is why we are on this bord.

I really thought Elam was 5'8" sorry I made a mistake. they where talking about how short he was on the path to the draft. they said he was a good play but short. they said he was 5'8" that is where i got it from. 5'10" is fine to play FS. you may know football but you do not know me, so maybe you should think about that before you start calling people childish and ignorant, all your doing is making your self look bad.

using what you said to support my side? a page ago, you said you thought it was a bad idea to draft an injured running back like Lattimore, even if it was in the 4th round. a few of us argued with that logic and you explained that you never saw him play. i was stating FACT, not making stuff up.

LOL at you calling me "childish." when i try to make a point, at least i have a valid reasoning behind it. you'd rather just say that you're glad I'm not drafting for this team because I'd use a 4th rounder on a running back and draft one of the top safeties.

so to summarize our whole exchange, you say "NO" to drafting Marcus Lattimore, even in the 4th. I say "YES," and you agree after admitting never seeing him play. you say "NO" to drafting Elam because he's 5'8'' without listing a legitimate source. I argue and say "YES" and note that he officially measured at 5'10'' at the combine and that other great safeties played at that height, which should be enough of a reason that his height isn't a concern. you take it as if i'm saying he's the next Ed Reed lol. at least you admitted making the mistake.

Then you say I'm making myself look bad because I called your post ignorant (Elam not being able to play the position because he's "short") and childish (you saying that I believe Elam would be the next Reed). ok lol

if anything, i do apologize for sounding like a dick. it was never my intention. i made an argument, you responded with a smartass remark about me not drafting for this team and i snapped.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM ]

I guess you kind of snapped again LOL. I never said what is in bold . I said I had never seen lattimore play. You wanted to make yourself look better and smarter so you exaggerated what I said to try to do that. LOL.
not bad, I like the Dobson pick
Collage Football

I guess you kind of snapped again LOL. I never said what is in bold . I said I had never seen lattimore play. You wanted to make yourself look better and smarter so you exaggerated what I said to try to do that. LOL.

snapped again? that post was from two days ago.

you made judgments on Matt Elam and Marcus Lattimore. i called you out on them. then you admit to never watching Lattimore play and not knowing Elam was actually 5'10''. So in that case, yes, you knew almost NOTHING about them.
My only criticism would be waiting till the 5th round to draft a DT who could play NT. But there's a boat load of talent on your list so I'd be happy with this draft!

you made judgments on Matt Elam and Marcus Lattimore. i called you out on them. then you admit to never watching Lattimore play and not knowing Elam was actually 5'10''. So in that case, yes, you knew almost NOTHING about them.

Phoenix and I finished talking about this on the 22 you didn't have anything to say till the 25th. Phoenix show me that I was being a little hard on Lattimore way before you had anything to say about it. I told Phoenix I had never seen Lattimore play not you. I like how you have selective memory and can remeber everything I said to Phoenix, but can't remember that you posted to me the day before. then talk about that was 2 day ago. LOL. I guess because I didn't Quote your every word you must not have said them. No you where not talking about how I knew almost NOTHING about them. being Lattimore and Elam. You said i know my college football, which according to your posts, you know almost nothing about. Your saying acording to me, I know almost nothing about collage football. I never said that. Depending on how you look at this it is an exaggerated of what I said or flat out made up by you. Are you doing this to try to make your self look better??? I have no idea what your point is. All you do is bring the same thing up over and over. Then ignore the other stuff and acked like it never happen. Guess what Elam is 5'10" that is plenty tall enough to play FS. I know that now thank you. I can see why they would Draft Lattimore at the end of the 4th round. Thanks to Phoenix I get it. Anything ells?????
[ Edited by dlance on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM ]

For those who have never seen lattimore play the dude is a stud. Would have been the best rb in the draft before the injury. I thought everyone knew how good he was. I could never grasp why people wouldn't be on board with him in the 4th or later. Id take him in the third.

Phoenix and I finished talking about this on the 22 you didn't have anything to say till the 25th. Phoenix show me that I was being a little hard on Lattimore way before you had anything to say about it. I told Phoenix I had never seen Lattimore play not you. I like how you have selective memory and can remeber everything I said to Phoenix, but can't remember that you posted to me the day before. then talk about that was 2 day ago. LOL. I guess because I didn't Quote your every word you must not have said them. No you where not talking about how I knew almost NOTHING about them. being Lattimore and Elam. You said i know my college football, which according to your posts, you know almost nothing about. Your saying acording to me, I know almost nothing about collage football. I never said that. Depending on how you look at this it is an exaggerated of what I said or flat out made up by you. Are you doing this to try to make your self look better??? I have no idea what your point is. All you do is bring the same thing up over and over. Then ignore the other stuff and acked like it never happen. Guess what Elam is 5'10" that is plenty tall enough to play FS. I know that now thank you. I can see why they would Draft Lattimore at the end of the 4th round. Thanks to Phoenix I get it. Anything ells?????

i bring up the posts cuz u continue to come back with a smartass response. no, i don't read EVERY single post made by everyone, but i did come across yours and clicked the "quote" button right away. no, i didn't read Phoenix's response to you. i read your post and quickly responded. something that is normally done in message boards.

i don't need to do anything to make me look good. i've been here long enough, posting on here regularly, to know that i've built a competent rep among other draft fans. what i did was respond to your post and you responded back with a smartass response. when i responded to that, you continued with more smartass response.

im glad you know now that Elam can play the position and Lattimore is worth the draft pick. now we can put an end to this conversation
i bring up the posts cuz u continue to come back with a smartass response. no, i don't read EVERY single post made by everyone, but i did come across yours and clicked the "quote" button right away. no, i didn't read Phoenix's response to you. i read your post and quickly responded. something that is normally done in message boards.

i don't need to do anything to make me look good. i've been here long enough, posting on here regularly, to know that i've built a competent rep among other draft fans. what i did was respond to your post and you responded back with a smartass response. when i responded to that, you continued with more smartass response.

im glad you know now that Elam can play the position and Lattimore is worth the draft pick. now we can put an end to this conversation
Sounds good to me sorry for the misunderstanding.
Let's be real here gentlemen... There is no way Ertz drops to 61 and there is really no way that Reid drops to 74...

Please get real...
Share 49ersWebzone