There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

would u be opposed to a "julio jones-esque" trade???

• teeohh
  • Veteran
I'd do it for Kenny Vaccaro
For that player yes, won't see the light day much and first year wr rarely do great in their first year even if they are the featured wr. Plus any other player in this year years draft. There is no one that is worth losing your future over, especially since we have several holes to fill and the future to consider. Good teams draft well, very rarely does a block buster trade pan out, it does, but rarely. The value is the latter late first thru third. I won't oppose the niners giving their picks in 4th thru 7th to get a couple more 3rd rounders or using those to get a higher round pick next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think we need a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round right now. With our starters set with Boldin and Crabtree, we don't need another top pick receiver getting in the way of AJ Jenkins, we gotta see what he has. What we NEED to do is fix our secondary and maybe add another young DE.
Originally posted by jonr422000:
If we move up to get Tavon Austin, why not jus give the Giants our 1st rd for Victor Cruz.

Because they can match any offer that we give him and with Crabtree needing an extension soon, as wells as Kaepernick and Aldon Smith, among others, the niners aren't going to tie all their money up in another receiver.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't think we need a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round right now. With our starters set with Boldin and Crabtree, we don't need another top pick receiver getting in the way of AJ Jenkins, we gotta see what he has. What we NEED to do is fix our secondary and maybe add another young DE.

Exactly my thoughts. I can actually see Baalke moving back and getting additional picks in FY14.
In NFLDraftScout.com's latest mock they have Cordarrelle Patterson going anywhere from 16th to 23rd. I think this is a good mock of what may transpire in the 2013 draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Locking at team needs if a QB falls to the Bills at 8 and a LB that the Jets covet falls to NY at 9 yes like these analysts i can foresee Patterson then falling to 16th where the Rams are heavily rumored to grab him for Bradshaw. I agree Patterson very likely does not make it past the Rams at 16th who need weapons for Bradshaw or the Steelers at 17 who lost Mike Wallace.

As per the draft trade value chart to trade up past the Rams at 16th...the Saints draft 15th don't wanna trade with them...Carolina at 14 could use extra picks or Tampa Bay at 13th could be a trading partner as well to trade up for Patterson and get him before the Rams at 16. To trade up to 12th or 13th the cost would be approximately our 31st and 34th. Totally worth it to get that big explosive elite wideout in Cordarrelle Patterson. There are no guarantees that whoever we draft at 31&34 are going to work out. Get Patterson coach him up let him learn and train with the big boys with Patterson's skill set and upside I see the finished product becoming a future 49ers pro bowl wideout.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Manningham and Williams both went down last year for the season both with blown knees what happens if we lose wideouts Crabtree or Boldin to injury in 2013? What happens at wideout when Boldin retires and or if Crabtree leaves for a big money offer with another team? Patterson will be ready to step in at wideout and I promise you CK7 will get this special athlete the ball and 49er fans will not be disappointed in a CK7 to CP84 combination. Giving up a 2nd round pick to move up and get an elite wideout like Patterson who the 49ers havn't had since TO left 10 years ago will be a distant memory.
Cordarrelle Patterson's Pro Day with Mike Mayock...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/20/patterson-other-wrs-come-to-shine-at-tennessee-pro-day/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152446/Mike-Mayock-1-on-1-with-Cordarrelle-Patterson?campaign=Twitter_nfln_videos
I'm not 100% sure that Patterson was even the best WR on Tennessee. There isnt a chance in hell that I would make a Julio Jones type trade to get him.
Patterson has the measureables, but Julio had the measureables and production. Patterson is considered extremely raw.
Those types of trades rarely work out.

Hershall Walker, Ricki Williams anyone?
I seriously doubt in a weak draft year it would take the 49ers anywhere near a Julio Jones type trade to move up to 13 or 14 for Cordarrelle Patterson.

The Falcons way overpaid to move up to 6th but are very happy with their elite wideout Julio Jones.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/falcons-trade-up-for-julio-jones-in-draft-shocker-with-browns

The Falcons really coveted a receiver in the first round because they were eager to move up from the 27th spot. It was a blockbuster deal. In exchange for getting the sixth pick, Atlanta gave the Browns five -- five! -- draft picks: their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.
Atalanta didn't go the the Super Bowl last year and they won't this year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home