There are 223 users in the forums

would u be opposed to a "julio jones-esque" trade???

if someone between 5-7 was willing to give up their spot for #31 and #34 and possibly a future pick so we can draft Cordarrelle Patterson before BUF or NYJ can get him.
the guy looks like a beast, great size, great speed, elusive, makes big plays routinely.
or maybe move up to get Sharrif Floyd? Star Lotulelei?
I think that this is a possibility. We have enough draft picks to get anyone we want, the great question is whether Ballke would do it or just let the draft play itself out. We will soon know for sure.
Yes, I'd be opposed.

We can get 2 guys to come in and, IMO, play right away. Not necessarily as starters but one on a DLine rotation like Datone and one as a Safety - Best Safety Available.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes, I'd be opposed.

We can get 2 guys to come in and, IMO, play right away. Not necessarily as starters but one on a DLine rotation like Datone and one as a Safety - Best Safety Available.

Too much value in rounds 2-4 and not enough value in round 1 in this draft for it to make sense this year, IMO.
You don't pull off a trade like that for a guy that doesn't have the ball in his hands. We are in a good spot.

And Patterson at this point isn't near Julio's level
[ Edited by drake49er on Mar 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM ]
Yes I'd be opposed if we snuck up to get Patterson who would be no better than our #3 WR
With all of our acquisitions 49ers are making draft day moves their is NO DOUBT about that
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Yes, I'd be opposed.

Too much value in rounds 2-4 and not enough value in round 1 in this draft for it to make sense this year, IMO.

I agree. I think that we would have to give up to much.

Patterson only has one year playing D1 football.
Good, maybe great, potential, but the price is too high for potential.
Patterson is not a "Julio Jones - esque" player, so yes I'd be opposed.

This draft is too deep in positions we need (S, DL) without the truly elite players at the top of the draft. The drop off from 5 to 25 is much less this year than it has been recently. No way I'd give up the opportunity to address multiple positions just to get one WR in that situation.
[ Edited by Overkill on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM ]
There really isnt any blue chip talent in the top 10 the niners would need to trade up for. Although i wouldnt be opposed to trading in the teens for shelden richardson

if a can't miss killer player was in this draft at a position of need no, however that is not true with this years class so yes I would be opposed We will move around a lot, up sometimes, down others, trading out completely in the later rounds for picks next year but I doubt we see a Julio Jones type of thing happen.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Yes, I'd be opposed.

Agree with you fellas. My guess is that when we move up it will be in round 2 or 3. There is some good, deep talent to be had in the early-middle rounds. We can move around and address our needs in regards to potential starters and 2nd string depth. If this draft falls like I think it might, we can get some key pieces.

if we are truly interested in getting Ertz at TE, we need Eifert to slide. I think the Jags could take a shot at a TE ahead of us in 2nd with that first pick. I'd really like to see us move up in the 2nd and fill one of our pressing needs (FS, DL, TE).
Originally posted by matt49er:
if a can't miss killer player was in this draft at a position of need no, however that is not true with this years class so yes I would be opposed We will move around a lot, up sometimes, down others, trading out completely in the later rounds for picks next year but I doubt we see a Julio Jones type of thing happen.

I agree. Julio Jones and AJ Green were widely considered to 5 talents. They were 'once-in-a-generation' type guys. I don't see a single guy in this draft that fits that bill.
What would it take to move up to 13-15 to draft Tavon Austin?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
What would it take to move up to 13-15 to draft Tavon Austin?

More than we're willing to give up.
Share 49ersWebzone