LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 187 users in the forums

Safety Prospects that can play both SS and FS well?

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People need to stop with this asinine nonsense. Culliver played like the best cornerback on this team for much of the season. He's not moving to safety.

But he was a safety!

He def was a safety in college...

HAVING SAID THAT... moving him to safety would be terrible... his awareness on deep balls is poor at best... late to get his head around, poor sideline awareness, gets abused by bigger bodies and then gets mad when the guy gets the catch (a la SB).... all things considered i think our front 7 made Culliver look better than he is. For everyone that says WELL.... PFF RATES CULLY HIGH YO!!!! All i have to say is, compared to Tarrel Brown or Goldson, how many plays did Cully make these last 2 years, except for the occasional pass batted away, WHICH IS HIS JOB! What TD return do we remember? NONE!!

Cut Rodgers, extend Brown and get someone in there who's better than Cully and whitner and Spillman.... that's 3 db's at least that Baalke has to draft unless Spillman brings it

AS FAR AS the question posed in the post? I have no idea

This is how I remember Cully...As for being the best CB on the team...isn't that a stretch. His name was called out the most. Consistently getting beat deep. Bad ball awareness on the deep ball cost us some points in big situations.

Does Rogers have to go? I felt like i hardly heard his name all year which is a good thing for a DB that's pretty much always on the field.
Starting to wonder if we should draft two safeties. Dahl can't replace Goldson, that is obvious. And Whitner is probably gone in a year. Then again, we have our full complement of draft picks in 2014, so we could wait a year on that.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Starting to wonder if we should draft two safeties. Dahl can't replace Goldson, that is obvious. And Whitner is probably gone in a year. Then again, we have our full complement of draft picks in 2014, so we could wait a year on that.

I'd like to draft two safeties and a CB with our first 5 picks.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I really like the class of safeties this year so I wouldn't mind taking two. I'm just not convinced that Trent Robinson can compete to become a starter.

I'd be happy with taking Matt Elam then taking Bacarri Rambo
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really like the class of safeties this year so I wouldn't mind taking two. I'm just not convinced that Trent Robinson can compete to become a starter.

Dream first two days:

31: DL Datone Jones, UCLA
34: S John Cyprien, FIU
61: S Bacarri Rambo, Georgia
74: WR Quinton Patton
93: CB Tharold Simon, LSU

Dream first two days:

ehhh i still don't think Datone falls to us. i see ours going like this:

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU
61. Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern
74. Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
93. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia
[ Edited by SF69ers on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU

Something about Elam doesn't sit right with me.

Dream first two days:

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU

PLEASE NO OLD ROOKIE HUNT N we have alot picks why not trade up 5-8 spots use a few late round picks to get Jones? ??

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU

IMO he is one of the most versatile safeties available. very instinctive with a high IQ on the field. I'd take a shot at him if available, no doubt.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
PLEASE NO OLD ROOKIE HUNT N we have alot picks why not trade up 5-8 spots use a few late round picks to get Jones? ??

i'm still baffled that people are willing to bypass Hunt just because he's 25. folks, he's NOT gonna be starting this year, regardless. he's supposed to be here to spell Cowboy/RayMac. what a great group to learn from if you're a d-lineman.

Also, if i'm able to come away from the draft with those five players i've listed, i'd be ECSTATIC
Also, I don't really care that Rambo smokes a little pot - its going to be legal at some point during his playing career anyway. And the dude has been through hell personally.

Making the call: Bacarri Rambo at #61!

I f**king hope not. Maybe at 161. Mathieu has the skills to be a better pro than Rambo and he's 5' 9".

And Swearinger I like. I think he has more Goldson in him than Rambo, which is a positive.

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU

IMO he is one of the most versatile safeties available. very instinctive with a high IQ on the field. I'd take a shot at him if available, no doubt.

i'm still baffled that people are willing to bypass Hunt just because he's 25. folks, he's NOT gonna be starting this year, regardless. he's supposed to be here to spell Cowboy/RayMac. what a great group to learn from if you're a d-lineman.

Also, if i'm able to come away from the draft with those five players i've listed, i'd be ECSTATIC

He wont play next yr he's way raw maybe a yr 3 starter N 28+ by then not thanks I don't wanna see 49ers pay bigg for a 30+ yr old 2nd contact Guy N before I hear the we payed Smith bigg money at 28 yrs old just remember Smith came with NFL experience ....
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I f**king hope not. Maybe at 161. Mathieu has the skills to be a better pro than Rambo and he's 5' 9".

And Swearinger I like. I think he has more Goldson in him than Rambo, which is a positive.

Please back that up.
He wont play next yr he's way raw maybe a yr 3 starter N 28+ by then not thanks I don't wanna see 49ers pay bigg for a 30+ yr old 2nd contact Guy N before I hear the we payed Smith bigg money at 28 yrs old just remember Smith came with NFL experience ....

umm, Defensive linemen get BETTER as they age!

umm, Defensive linemen get BETTER as they age!

Thatz such BS if that tha case let sign Charles haley N Bryant young back lmfao everything is on tha person N player if they stay great after a 30+ age range
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Please back that up.

Watch em play. Watch their highlights and lowlights.

Swearinger hits like a truck and has range. Mathieu finds the ball as well as anyone. Rambo to me has slow recognition even though he made a few plays ar Georgia. He doesn't impress me at all and neither does Cyprien, even though Cyprien I like better than Rambo. If Rambo is there at 161 and we haven't drafted a safety by then, yes, lets draft him!

MHO.
Share 49ersWebzone