There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade this possible Trade

Must be a Scot Mcclougin draft?
Originally posted by buck:
He had 4.5 sacks in 31 games, not in 12 games.
It is true he got those sacks in one year, but he played three years and in 31 games and had total of 4.5 sacks.

Here is a link.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2012&org=77&player=47

Yea he sounds horrible when you put it that way but taking into consideration h has only been playing 4 years you shouldn't b surprised it took him a couple of years to produce. Am I missing something? Is his 2012 production bad? I'd take his TFL, PD INT, FF, and sacks over 10 sacks anyday. I guess the fact he didn't get 10 sacks clearly means he's not disrupting the offense. His ability to disrupt the offense may not translate into sacks but you would have to be blind to think his 2012 production is as good as it gets. I think he will develop into one of the most dynamic pass rushers we've seen in the past 5 years.
He had 4.5 sacks in 31 games, not in 12 games.
It is true he got those sacks in one year, but he played three years and in 31 games and had total of 4.5 sacks.

Here is a link.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2012&org=77&player=47

Yea he sounds horrible when you put it that way but taking into consideration h has only been playing 4 years you shouldn't b surprised it took him a couple of years to produce. Am I missing something? Is his 2012 production bad? I'd take his TFL, PD INT, FF, and sacks over 10 sacks anyday. I guess the fact he didn't get 10 sacks clearly means he's not disrupting the offense. His ability to disrupt the offense may not translate into sacks but you would have to be blind to think his 2012 production is as good as it gets. I think he will develop into one of the most dynamic pass rushers we've seen in the past 5 years.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

Yes. You are clearly missing something.

I never said or even hinted that his numbers were terrible, that he would not be a good pass rusher, or that he was not a disruptive force.

But, face it 4.5 sacks in 12, much less 31, are not a major number.
An L for lock
wut
Originally posted by blm7754:
If you are trading up that high, why not go for a player that actually plays a position of need.... like Shariff Floyd or Star Lotulelie?

F

I agree. Floyd could be worth trading 3 picks to grab. Personally I hope the 9ers stay where they are and draft the best player available.
funny, most have said the same thing about Jason Pierre Paul when he was coming out... when the truth is he's now as good as Aldon Smith (all around) if not better..
Well there went 20 seconds of my life I'll never get back
Z
Originally posted by eonblue:

Yes. You are clearly missing something.

I never said or even hinted that his numbers were terrible, that he would not be a good pass rusher, or that he was not a disruptive force.

But, face it 4.5 sacks in 12, much less 31, are not a major number.

True, but that's pretty much what Clay Matthews did at USC if I'm not mistaken (he may have had 6 total in his career). Much like Ansah, he walked on to the program and didn't really have a clear-cut position until his senior year.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
True, but that's pretty much what Clay Matthews did at USC if I'm not mistaken (he may have had 6 total in his career). Much like Ansah, he walked on to the program and didn't really have a clear-cut position until his senior year.

Hes from Ghana and he came to BYU to play basketball and sprint. Typically basketball players and sprinters don't have near as much upper body strength as defensive linemen so he's had to transform his body. He hasn't remotely reached his full potential both physically and technically. I wouldn't be surprised if he gained another 15 pounds without losing a bit of speed. I wouldn't trade the farm to get this dude though but if he fell within in our range you would crazy to not pursue him. I payed close attention to him during the combine. He did all the LB drills fluidly. He was also the first one to do them and verbally translate directions into actions. Some guys had seen the drill 6-7 times and couldn't get it right.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I understand that he is going to be a very high pick in the draft, even though there is some risk involved because he is new to the game.

I am more impressed with his 10 passes broken up,13 tackles for a loss, and 7 quarterback hurries than I am with his 4.5 sacks.

I would stress the former numbers in arguing for him.

The proposed trade, though, is just flat out loony.

One element that needs to be considered is his commitment to football.
He went to BYU as a sprinter, then tried basketball, and then football.
I am not sure that he has a love for the game, or if he will develop one.

Without that love, maintaining the required discipline can be hard.

We have to wait and see. It is pretty clear that he is going to be drafted in the top 15.

I wish him all the luck in the world. He sounds like a good kid.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Z

this