There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade this possible Trade

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by DVDA:
By production you mean his 4.5 career sacks?

Yea and 62 tackles, 13 TFL, 9 pass broken, 1 int, 1 FF.

They are other stats besides sack in case your new to football.

4.5 sacks isn't a minor number either.
Was that aldons game against the steelers were talking about? lol We don't need another run stuffer... We need depth. We need a new fs and a new cb would be nice. You don't trade all of that for a future backup guy used for depth, Aldon and brooks should be here for awhile. We need to fix the back half, get the dline younger find a nose, and a replacement for justin all that before we trade up and draft a rotation player.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
no grade. i give it a W....withdraw this thread
  • buck
  • Veteran
4.5 sacks in a 31 game career is not a major number of sacks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
double post did it again sorry
[ Edited by buck on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Wassup fellas..

Im surprise that none of you guys see this kid as possibly the best player in this draft.. I see so much potential in him.. I think he can be the NEXT great OLB after all said and done..

I personally think his motor runs 2x as much as Justin Smith's..

Oh there you are

Nobody's complaining about your trade scenario because they think Ansah is a bad prospect. We all hate it because WE DON"T NEED AN OLB! We have two of the best in the game right now with Aldon and Brooks.

Yes, he could be a great player, but chances are he won't be any better (probably will be worse) than the two guys we already have. And you want to give up a whole s**t-load of draft picks to get him?

That is the problem here.
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:

No it isn't but it was 12 games. He also played all over the line. 4.5 sacks is good for a DE. All a sack does is burn a down and usually sets the team back a couple of yards. 9 pass deflected is essentially 3 turnovers. A FF is essentially 3 sacks he had 1, An INT is essentially 3 sacks in the way it leads to a turnover. He had 1. He also had 6 QB hurries which leads to poor throws and INT. A TFL is basically a defender sacking anyone thats not a QB. He had 13. This guy eats up downs. He disrupts.the QB on so many level. Saying something like " we dont need another OLB" is dumb when your talking about a player with stats like Ansahs. It makes no sense to slam your fist against a depth draft but then demand a DE. We have McDonald, Smith, and Jenkins for the next 2 years and what makes you think we HAVE to draft Smiths replacement with a 1st rounder. Your problem the same people that demanded Blaine Gabbert and complained when They drafted Aldon. How did Kentwan Balmer workout? Im not going to demand we draft the best DE on the board with our 1st because in the end they'll just be a rotational player that won't help us win the super bowl next year. We need GAMECHANGERS now not 3 years from now. Its funny people complain about someone recommending an OLB and then say its imparatove we draft a bench warmer. I don't think we draft Ansah. He'll be long gone but I really hope we pick up the best.4-3 edge rusher that is explosove and strong that weighs aroubd 275-285 and can rush the passer in the nickle. We get depth all accross the line. We get production and we have a future DE that actually gets game time.
No it isn't but it was 12 games. He also played all over the line. 4.5 sacks is good for a DE. All a sack does is burn a down and usually sets the team back a couple of yards. 9 pass deflected is essentially 3 turnovers. A FF is essentially 3 sacks he had 1, An INT is essentially 3 sacks in the way it leads to a turnover. He had 1. He also had 6 QB hurries which leads to poor throws and INT. A TFL is basically a defender sacking anyone thats not a QB. He had 13. This guy eats up downs. He disrupts.the QB on so many level. Saying something like " we dont need another OLB" is dumb when your talking about a player with stats like Ansahs. It makes no sense to slam your fist against a depth draft but then demand a DE. We have McDonald, Smith, and Jenkins for the next 2 years and what makes you think we HAVE to draft Smiths replacement with a 1st rounder. Your problem the same people that demanded Blaine Gabbert and complained when They drafted Aldon. How did Kentwan Balmer workout? Im not going to demand we draft the best DE on the board with our 1st because in the end they'll just be a rotational player that won't help us win the super bowl next year. We need GAMECHANGERS now not 3 years from now. Its funny people complain about someone recommending an OLB and then say its imparatove we draft a bench warmer. I don't think we draft Ansah. He'll be long gone but I really hope we pick up the best.4-3 edge rusher that is explosove and strong that weighs aroubd 275-285 and can rush the passer in the nickle. We get depth all accross the line. We get production and we have a future DE that actually gets game time.

Did he deflect 9 consecutive passes or something? I don't get how that = 3 turnovers.

Also, 4.5 sacks over a 12 game season ain't great for an top college pass rusher. Sacks > pass deflections. Sets the offense back yards. Rattles the QB by hitting him.

FYI Star Lotulelei had 5 sacks from the DT position, Tank Carradine had 11 sacks from the same position as Ansah, Bjoern Werner had 13 from the same position as Ansah, Alex Okafor had 8 (in only 10 games).
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Wassup fellas..

Im surprise that none of you guys see this kid as possibly the best player in this draft.. I see so much potential in him.. I think he can be the NEXT great OLB after all said and done..

I personally think his motor runs 2x as much as Justin Smith's..

Oh there you are

Nobody's complaining about your trade scenario because they think Ansah is a bad prospect. We all hate it because WE DON"T NEED AN OLB! We have two of the best in the game right now with Aldon and Brooks.

Yes, he could be a great player, but chances are he won't be any better (probably will be worse) than the two guys we already have. And you want to give up a whole s**t-load of draft picks to get him?

That is the problem here.

I wouldn't do this trade even if it was a huge need position. We need to get used to drafting at the bottom of the order since we're going to be good for a while. We need to keep replenishing our talent with our late picks in the first few rounds. That's what good teams do. They don't trade up to get one of the top 10 or 15 shiniest prospects.

In other words, you don't trade 5-6 potential cheap core starters for one cheap core starter (remember, draft = cheap labor) just because the one has a bit higher ceiling. You do your homework and you hit home runs on some of those other 5-6.
We lose:

2013 1st
2013 3rd
2013 5th
2014 1st
2014 2nd
2014 4th

We get:

2013 1st (moving up from 31 to 8)
2014 2nd (completing the swap)

That's six rookies for two over the next two years. Good teams continuously restock through the draft. This is a horrible, awful way to build a team. You'd better be sure the guy you're moving up for isn't just Pro Bowl caliber, but franchise-changing HOF caliber. Looking at our potential team needs over the next two years, you're giving up something like this:

A couple starting safeties, a couple starting DL, perhaps a starting WR or TE or CB, and another depth player or two (possibly LB or OL).

For....

A starting OLB and a starting safety.
Dafuq
I think the cap numbers are BS ++++. For one thing it only accounts for some things like AS's salary but not all the guys leaving like Sopoaga,RJF, Ginn, Moss etc.
Unless those guys were playing for gratis, they should account for quite a bit.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:

Did he deflect 9 consecutive passes or something? I don't get how that = 3 turnovers.

Also, 4.5 sacks over a 12 game season ain't great for an top college pass rusher. Sacks > pass deflections. Sets the offense back yards. Rattles the QB by hitting him.

FYI Star Lotulelei had 5 sacks from the DT position, Tank Carradine had 11 sacks from the same position as Ansah, Bjoern Werner had 13 from the same position as Ansah, Alex Okafor had 8 (in only 10 games).

He had 4.5 sacks in 31 games, not in 12 games.
It is true he got those sacks in one year, but he played three years and in 31 games and had total of 4.5 sacks.

Here is a link.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2012&org=77&player=47
I could not stop laughing reading the first 3 pages
I do think he will be a solid player but no one is worth that

Hip From Norwalk 562