LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

LieutKaffee's evolving mock (updated 4/2)

no way QB Matt Scott falls to the 5th
Phillip Thomas instead of Rambo
Originally posted by buck:
2b - Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3a - Bacarri Rambo, FS
3b - Tyrann Mathieu, CB

What?

Baalke does not specialize in drafting big name head cases.

I don't know much about their issues. Just been reading scouting reports. You think they're off our board?
Just changed my mind again and went with Jesse Williams instead of Zach Ertz. I also added a backup developmental OT in the 5th and a Delanie-type prospect in the 7th.

Looks like Dorsey is coming here for backup type money (heck, I think he might end up with the smallest FA contract out of Dorsey, Sopoaga, and Jean-Francois!). Dorsey makes a very nice high-upside reclamation project if he turns into anything close to the blue-chip prospect he was drafted as. Worst-case scenario, he is a rotation guy who backs up all positions. RJF with more talent.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Phillip Thomas instead of Rambo

I do like Phillip Thomas. If they are both on the board at 3a I wouldn't be opposed to that change.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I don't know much about their issues. Just been reading scouting reports. You think they're off our board?

I think so, but who knows.

If I remember correctly.

2b - Da'Rick Rogers, WR

He had 3 failed drug tests, verbal brawl with coaches, and kicked off the team.
Had very inconsistent production at lower level of competition.

3a - Bacarri Rambo, FS

Suspended for the first four games of 2012 for violating team rules regarding drug usage.
Suspended for one game in 2011 for violating Georgia's alcohol and drug policy

3b - Tyrann Mathieu, CB

pretty well documented.
Saw an interview with him on Path to the Draft, and he just seemed to glib for my liking.

I know many people like them, I just do not think Baalke is one of those people.
Originally posted by buck:

I think so, but who knows.

If I remember correctly.

2b - Da'Rick Rogers, WR

He had 3 failed drug tests, verbal brawl with coaches, and kicked off the team.
Had very inconsistent production at lower level of competition.

3a - Bacarri Rambo, FS

Suspended for the first four games of 2012 for violating team rules regarding drug usage.
Suspended for one game in 2011 for violating Georgia's alcohol and drug policy

3b - Tyrann Mathieu, CB

pretty well documented.
Saw an interview with him on Path to the Draft, and he just seemed to glib for my liking.

I know many people like them, I just do not think Baalke is one of those people.

I've been meaning to update the mock over the past couple days. I just took Rambo and Rogers off for the reasons you bring up, and other reasons as well. Move Mathieu into the second because I don't want to miss out on him. Moved from Rambo to Thomas at safety. Drafted Swope in the 3rd round. Pro-ready versatile receiver who can push Manningham or take over for him.
Tyranns a slow midget.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Tyranns a slow midget.

He's the same height as Antoine Winfield and he runs in the 4.4s with elite quickness.
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Mar 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM ]
If we could switch 2b with Brandon Jenkins N tha head case midget at 3comp I'd feel better N think we got better pass rush help N better value for a head case midget lol

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
If we could switch 2b with Brandon Jenkins N tha head case midget at 3comp I'd feel better N think we got better pass rush help N better value for a head case midget lol

Interesting. I'm having trouble gauging where Mathieu will end up. He's a polarizing player, but he's also a unique one that I think would thrive here. That's why I targeted him at the high end of his projected range.
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Mar 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM ]
Will an think of this ravens need pass rush OLBs now so if we grab Jenkins #61 we also piss off bigg brother
Am I the only that was concerned after Jenkins combine? The worst drills ive ever seen and he wasnt even paying attention. He was doing drills wrong, falling and slipping every step. His hips are as stiff as one.of mammoth NT. Avtually montori hughes looked more comfortable doong the drills.What if that injury got him? I dont see anyone inveating anything before a 3rd rd pick on him.
Starting to look like Dahl is our only veteran safety acquisition. Byebye Kerry Rhodes from my mock, hello Phillip Thomas as your opening day starter.

If the rumors are to be believed, it seems we're more interested in vet CB help than S help at this point. A little puzzling with Rogers, Brown, and Culliver supposedly coming back. I currently have us signing Asomugha and cutting Rogers. That accomplishes our goal of getting more size on the outside. Still like drafting Mathieu to return punts and compete with Brown for slot corner.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Interesting. I'm having trouble gauging where Mathieu will end up. He's a polarizing player, but he's also a unique one that I think would thrive here. That's why I targeted him at the high end of his projected range.

There are three stories about Mathieu on www.nfl.com today.

Mathieu says he will play angry......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150653/article/tyrann-mathieu-says-hell-play-angry-for-nfl-team

Tyrann Mathieu this is a podcast with Bucky Brooks and Mathieu

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/nfl-draft-tracker-podcast

Tyrann Mathieu a scouting report

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180

Share 49ersWebzone