LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

LieutKaffee's evolving mock (updated 4/2)

• buck
  • Veteran
Darn Doble Posts
[ Edited by buck on Mar 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM ]
Big changes for everyone to check out and rip to shreds.

My top three changed from Jones, Williams, and Thomas to Vaccaro, Short, and Jenkins after some surprises in MD's 254.

I used low picks to trade up for Vaccaro, Short, and Fragel based on our picks falling just short of their range according to MD. I think this is the approach the 49ers should take with having too many picks: use the lower ones to improve the higher ones by just a few spots, ensuring we get our target players.
Like the new mock good job!
Looking for a little input. I'm torn about the Lattimore pick. A big part of me thinks he will never reach an elite level after the injuries he's had, and the 49ers already have a Gore-replacement prospect on the roster in Jewel Hampton. I keep sticking Lattimore in the mock because it's the trendy thing to do, with everyone assuming the 49ers are the team with enough extra picks to say "what the heck" and take the risk.

There are other threads to debate the merits of that. My question here is, if I scratched him from the list, what would be a good direction to go with the #131 pick in terms of position of need (given my other picks) and potential BPA? Any ideas?
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Mar 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM ]
I changed the Lattimore pick to C Brian Schwenke.
U left lattimore pick in list of RBs N why not just trade #34 N other picks to get Kenny N keep #31 for short? ???
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

My top three changed from Jones, Williams, and Thomas to Vaccaro, Short, and Jenkins after some surprises in MD's 254.

I used low picks to trade up for Vaccaro, Short, and Fragel based on our picks falling just short of their range according to MD. I think this is the approach the 49ers should take with having too many picks: use the lower ones to improve the higher ones by just a few spots, ensuring we get our target players.

While Maddog has Vaccarro rated mid to late first round, there are plenty of people who think he will go higher and as such, derails your whole draft. It would be great if it happened but some needy teams in the teens need a safety. 15-16-17 all need a safety. Dont think he makes it past these 3
I keep seeing mocks with Schwenke being drafted as a Center

They like Kilgore there and if not then it will be Looney. We need the swing OT WAY MORE than another G or C
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I keep seeing mocks with Schwenke being drafted as a Center

They like Kilgore there and if not then it will be Looney. We need the swing OT WAY MORE than another G or C

Do they need two OTs? I drafted an OT and a OC/OG back to back.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

While Maddog has Vaccarro rated mid to late first round, there are plenty of people who think he will go higher and as such, derails your whole draft. It would be great if it happened but some needy teams in the teens need a safety. 15-16-17 all need a safety. Dont think he makes it past these 3

This entire mock draft exercise is based on MD's board.

Big changes in the mock. I tweaked the "trade up" moves, instead of trading up from both 31 and 34 (which didn't make a lot of sense), I packaged picks to move up from 34 and just stayed put at 31.

John Jenkins and Tyrann Mathieu and Kawann Short are out, among others. Jesse Williams is back in. I'm now leaning strongly toward CB late in round 2, but it's a ton of names to sift through and depends on who falls. But I think this is the spot to mine this year's CB class. Sticking Amerson there for now.

I agree with OTC's recent mock stating that the 49ers' FA activity signals a lack of urgency in drafting a DE.

Finally, I think my previous mock underrated our desire and need to replace Delanie Walker, and Jordan Reed seems like the perfect guy to do it.

I see a lot of differing opinions on safeties Vaccaro, Reid and Thomas. Having not watched a lot of college ball, which of the three fit the 49ers safety mold ?
Nice idea trading #34 N keeping #31 lol
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Does everyone forget Williams produce before injury.... lol can't let it go
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Does everyone forget Williams produce before injury.... lol can't let it go
Not clear, at least to me.

Which Williams produced before he got injured?

Which Williams is injured?
Share 49ersWebzone