There are 208 users in the forums

Trade pick 34 for 2014 1st rd pick?

Trade pick 34 for 2014 1st rd pick?

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by SSF49er:
In thats case it would be better to trade our 1st round for a 2ND 2013 and 1at 2014 I think that's what we did for staley

No we didn't. We traded next years first for Staley, and our 2nd for next year's first (to the Colts). With the colts pick we drafted Kentwan Balmer.

The 2nd part of that maneuver didn't work out very well... Almost as bad as T Don masterfully working the board to trade out of the pick that would landed Wilfork and then drafting Woods.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Mar 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM ]
I'm "all-in".

Trade the #34 pick [we sill have #31] to the Jets - they'll really suck and have BIGGGGGGGGGGG cap problems.

They'll be lucky to win any games and we'll at least be in the top 3.

We get their #1 in the firts and we select - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina.

He was a sophomore in 2012 and became a dominant force becoming one of the best players in college football. Clowney amassed 54 tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks. Steve Spurrier said Clowney was NFL-ready coming out of high school.

6-foot-6, 256-pounder has room to get stronger and put on weight - and could be become even better as he gains strength. Clowney is impossible to single-block and tied for the second in the nation in sacks.
Wouldn't be mad if we made that trade for next year
At 31and 34 there will be some pretty good players that can help us now. There are plenty of picks to trade for next years draft. I have full faith in Baalke, he could shoot to the top of General Managers standing with this draft.
I'm all for this. We're got a good number of picks next year, and if we trade that pick, it could turn into a top10. That would definitely be a great bargaining tool.

Anyway, I'm sure Baalke might try to get another pick this year, possibly a 5th rounder as well. So we wouldn't really be losing a draft pick. Do it Baalke!
I would deal our 2nd 2nd round pick for a future #1 but if they want pick 34 then I would want at least a 4th to go with it.
I have thought about this before and I would be down for sure.
Originally posted by SSF49er:
I could see the 49ers trading their 4th for 6 th 2013 and a 3 rd round 2014 a 5th for 7th 2013 and 4th 2014 a 6th for 5th 2014 two 7 th rounders for 2 6 round picks 2014

The f**k?
Originally posted by saj4423:
I would deal our 2nd 2nd round pick for a future #1 but if they want pick 34 then I would want at least a 4th to go with it.

The discrepancy of what you said is massive. That's like saying that to trade from 62 to 34 only takes a 4th round pick...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm "all-in".

Trade the #34 pick [we sill have #31] to the Jets - they'll really suck and have BIGGGGGGGGGGG cap problems.

They'll be lucky to win any games and we'll at least be in the top 3.

We get their #1 in the firts and we select - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina.

He was a sophomore in 2012 and became a dominant force becoming one of the best players in college football. Clowney amassed 54 tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks. Steve Spurrier said Clowney was NFL-ready coming out of high school.

6-foot-6, 256-pounder has room to get stronger and put on weight - and could be become even better as he gains strength. Clowney is impossible to single-block and tied for the second in the nation in sacks.

him and aldon
[ Edited by gold49digger on Mar 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]

I dont always post, but when I do, Its because I was thinking of this very same scenario this morning!

Its a no brainer to me if we had a good indication on who may land in the top 3, and could make a deal. Id throw in a sixth for their thoughtfulness! We should do it!
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
Wow that would be awesome. I hope we do trade our #34 for a 1st rounder next year. We are a already stock piled with draft picks why not spread some wealth and have two 1st rounders next year. That will be prosperous especially being a team coming fresh off a Super Bowl victory!!
Heck yes trade the 34th overall for a 2014 1st. Thats a no brainer. Itd be at worst 2 to 10 spots higher so itd be well worth it.
Its a very interesting idea but of course would depend on who the trade partner is. However, if you take Paraag's comments at the Sports Analytics conference at MIT into consideration (on the value of a constant flow of high quality players at "wholesale" (draft) vs retail (free agency) prices) and the fact that about half of our 15 picks couldn't possibly make the roster, I think it would be a good idea. Further, if we're going to be up against the salary cap in the near future and need to sign both Aldon Smith and Kapaernick to long term deals then staggering out our "wholesale" purchases over a couple of years makes a lot of sense.
I'd only do this if we then traded OUR 1st next year to get back into the 2nd.

E.g., we trade #34 for the Jets' or Cardinals' #1 next year, THEN trade our 2014 1st to NYG for pick 49
Share 49ersWebzone