There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers on the clock, what would you do?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So let me get this straight. I say that Trufant has passed Banks in the rankings and you say "who and for what reason" like I said something ridculously stupid. Now you say that its "obvious that he would be ranked higher" This is why people get upset with you.

I meant "who and what for what reason" in the rhetorical sense. He hasn't passed Banks because of anything that happened in actual football games.

No, he passed him because he came better prepared for the combine, showed he was faster and stronger than Banks, and was awesome at the Senior Bowl.
Trufant, than take jesse in the second. But a lot of depth in this draft we should get a good player, I doubt we trade up unless he doesn't think the player will be there.
Also could see a trade out, if the player isn't and another team wants to jump back in the first for a guy they like.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM ]
No, he passed him because he came better prepared for the combine, showed he was faster and stronger than Banks, and was awesome at the Senior Bowl.

On the football field, Banks is the better player. Trufant can play the offseason well while Banks is recovering from a knee injury that kept him out of the Senior Bowl and I'm sure didn't have him as adequately prepared for the Combine as he would have liked, but on the football field, Banks wins. He'll turn things around at his Pro Day and bounce right back up into the middle of the 1st round where he belongs.

In either case, I don't think Banks nor Trufant will be around for the 49ers to take.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
Bingo
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think 11 DL guys will go in the 1st. But if that happens, a lot of other quality players will fall. I'd do this without a doubt:

31: Desmond Trufant CB

34: Jessie Williams NT

63: Justin Hunter WR
Bingo, and Phillip Thomas FS Fresno at 74
Trade out of the 31st pick for either the Jags, Eagles, Lions or Bengles 2nd round pick and one of these if still around

Johnathan Hankins
Jonathan Cyprien
Johnthan Banks
E.J. Manuel (depends if we can get our guy with the 34th)
Matt Elam
Alex Okafor
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

On the football field, Banks is the better player. Trufant can play the offseason well while Banks is recovering from a knee injury that kept him out of the Senior Bowl and I'm sure didn't have him as adequately prepared for the Combine as he would have liked, but on the football field, Banks wins. He'll turn things around at his Pro Day and bounce right back up into the middle of the 1st round where he belongs.

In either case, I don't think Banks nor Trufant will be around for the 49ers to take.

Banks will be there if he doesnt improve his 40. Trufant will be gone .
Banks will be there if he doesnt improve his 40. Trufant will be gone .

I don't think the 40 will be that big of a deal. Haden and Sherman are two of the elite cornerbacks in the NFL, they both ran 4.56 or worse for the 40. Teams will look at a guy's total body of work and Banks has quite the ballhawking resume, 15 interceptions against top-level competition speaks quite loudly.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]
Mayocks new rankings of corners:

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Desmond Trufant, Washington
4. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut
5. B.W. Webb, William & Mary

Out: Jonathan Banks
I'm thinking we go BPA on needs:

#31 - Tyler Eiffert

#34 - Either way 1 will be left between Banks and Trufant and most inclined to the one with better tape so Banks if both are available.

Then hit Nose Tackle and Defensive End needs on next 2 picks BPA at both then WR and FS/SS at the next 2 BPA again

In no way should we trade up unless Baalke knows something we don't.
[ Edited by smithc28 on Mar 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM ]
I would go Jonathan Banks. But I wouldn't mind us taking Desmond Trufant or Tyler Eifert either.
If the draft was like this they have pickes 31 and 34. I would take Jesse Williams at #31 and witch ever DB this there at 34 Banks or Trufant, with the 61 I would take what ever DL they think is best enless something crazy happen like Tavon Austin still being on the bord.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm really pulling for Ertz at 31.
Originally posted by smithc28:
I'm thinking we go BPA on needs:

#31 - Tyler Eiffert

#34 - Either way 1 will be left between Banks and Trufant and most inclined to the one with better tape so Banks if both are available.

Then hit Nose Tackle and Defensive End needs on next 2 picks BPA at both then WR and FS/SS at the next 2 BPA again

In no way should we trade up unless Baalke knows something we don't.

I was thinking it might go opposite of that. Harbaugh might want the Eifert/Ertz decision made for him. Take Banks, and pick up the remaining TE. Of course, I actually want Escobar later on, but it would be tough to pass on Eifert, especially if Walker... well, walks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

Several 49ers coaches were at Stanford's practice today, including Vic Fangio and Geep Chryst.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

Several 49ers coaches were at Stanford's practice today, including Vic Fangio and Geep Chryst.

Watching spring practice and hanging out with their former players and fellow coaches. Not sure how it relates to the draft?