49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 513 users in the forums

49ers on the clock, what would you do?

Browse 49ers books and videos
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,828
1- I'd take CB J.Banks, Miss st.
2- I'd move up for DE D.Jones
3- Trade the pick for Raiders #1 in 2014 and enter the J.Clowney sweepstakes
[ Edited by cools on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM ]
If Delanie didn't resign I would take Tyler Eifert.
Damn you drafted all the players I wanted but I would take Jonathan Banks or trade away the pick for nexts years first.
Draft Aaron Rodgers brother
Alex Okafor
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyler Eifert
Jesse Williams
J. Banks

You could not f**k this one up if you tried.
Originally posted by kush:
Alex Okafor
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyler Eifert
Jesse Williams
J. Banks

You could not f**k this one up if you tried.
The Seahawks could!!
1) Desmond Trufant without questions

2) I wouldnt trade up. Too many good players in rds 2 and 3

3) I think he takes Trufant. Way too good to pass on here.
best DT @ 31, best CB @ 34 or vice versa, get ramses barden in FA and draft a WR in the later rounds
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) Desmond Trufant without questions

2) I wouldnt trade up. Too many good players in rds 2 and 3

3) I think he takes Trufant. Way too good to pass on here.

1) Baalke would question taking Trufant, he has stated he values pass rushers more than dbs and personally I agree. 2011 - our pass rush is dynamic, everyone loves our dbs. 2012 - our pass rush suffers at the end of the year, everyone realizes our dbs are trash around the same time.

2) I totally agree, with the depth this draft has from the 2-4 rounds, we could do a whole lot worse than to stand pat and take the bpa at each of our spots.

3) I think 5 or 6 of these guys are "way too good to pass up here". I always compare draft prospects to flavors of ice cream...everyone sas their own preference for taste. What I love about the mock above is it seems there are quality players no matter what flavor you're looking for -

Austin (dynamic offensive weapon and st ace)
Hopkins (outside receiver who can start from day one and run every route in your playbook well)
Trufant (talented cb who can provide depth and even possibly challenge for a spot)
Jesse Williams (hulking dlineman who can step in and replace what Soap did from day one while he develops his raw pass rushing skills)
Alex Okafor (pass rusher who can spell Aldon and Brooks)
Eifert (a TE with skills that compliment VD)
I don't think 11 DL guys will go in the 1st. But if that happens, a lot of other quality players will fall. I'd do this without a doubt:

31: Desmond Trufant CB

34: Jessie Williams NT

63: Justin Hunter WR
Tavon Austin or Desmond Trufant.

Trufant meets a greater need, but I have a draft crush on Austin. He'd be something else in our offense.

Okafor, Banks and Williams are also solid picks at that spot, just not over Trufant.
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:
Tavon Austin or Desmond Trufant.

Trufant meets a greater need, but I have a draft crush on Austin. He'd be something else in our offense.

Okafor, Banks and Williams are also solid picks at that spot, just not over Trufant.

If we draft Tavon Austin, to me that says that AJ is a flat out bust. They are both shifty slot guys. Austin may be better, but I don't see how we'd use both of them. I'm hoping AJ fills that role and we go for a WR that can beat press coverage and win a jump ball in the red-zone.
Tyler Eifert... no hesitation.
3 questions with this:1. Who would pick at 31? 2. If trading up, when and how would you have done it? 3. What do you think Baalke would do?

I'd trade the 31st to the team most likely to pick #1 in next year's draft - Raiders or Jets - I'm sure there will be other teams who could fit that description.

If trading up, I'd go for Datene or Sheldon.

I think Baalke Trades the pick.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone