LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

49ers on the clock, what would you do?

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) Desmond Trufant without questions

2) I wouldnt trade up. Too many good players in rds 2 and 3

3) I think he takes Trufant. Way too good to pass on here.

Absolutely agree on Trufant if he's there. If not, Jonathan Banks should be the pick.

The value of d-linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds are so good.

1st. Desmond Trufant/Jonathan Banks
2nd. Margus Hunt/Jonathan Cyprien
2nd. Brandon Williams
Austin. Than Select Trufant or Williams at 34
Jesse Williams he can play the nose or end in a 3-4 defense. Versatility on the d-line is what hurt us during the post-season. Not to mention Soap might be gone and we need to address finding Cowboy's replacement at some point.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Trade out of the 1st round since we got KC's pick in the 2nd round.

If not takers, then Margus Hunt would be the pick..
[ Edited by 9moon on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

I like this better. Nevermind what I posted before. My only concern is by drafting Austin we won't draft a big receiver early on, which is just what this team needs.
Trade back a couple of picks to a team like the Cards or Jets who need a QB. Let them target their guy and we pick up a 3rd or 4th round and use it to trade into the 45-55 range. I would probably pick Deandre Hopkins. He's probably my #1 WO.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Trade back a couple of picks to a team like the Cards or Jets who need a QB. Let them target their guy and we pick up a 3rd or 4th round and use it to trade into the 45-55 range. I would probably pick Deandre Hopkins. He's probably my #1 WO.

there is a lot of value in the late first to 4th round range in this draft. I'm really high on Hopkins too, criminally underrated because he played with Watkins.
Desmond Trufant

Then a few picks later, DeAndre Hopkins
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:
Tavon Austin or Desmond Trufant.

Trufant meets a greater need, but I have a draft crush on Austin. He'd be something else in our offense.

Okafor, Banks and Williams are also solid picks at that spot, just not over Trufant.

If we draft Tavon Austin, to me that says that AJ is a flat out bust. They are both shifty slot guys. Austin may be better, but I don't see how we'd use both of them. I'm hoping AJ fills that role and we go for a WR that can beat press coverage and win a jump ball in the red-zone.

I must respectully disagree, as they are two completely different players.

Tavon is a do-it-all guy, who will help you immediately as a return man, slot receiver and change of pace rb. He is not a guy you are going to ask to work the outside snap after snap, if at all. I've watched plenty of his tape and only seen him pluck balls away from his body a handful of times. Most of his production comes from him getting the ball in space.

Aj is a true receiver with good length and great vertical speed. He shows good quickness/fluidity in and out of his breaks and gets open mainly via route running. He worked the outside in college and that's what he was drafted to do for us except he came in to the league too skinny/weak to contribute. Make no mistake, once he starts contributing it will be on the outside.

can someone tell me why we have pick 34 and not 33? im just kinda confused, is it a comp kinda thing?

Originally posted by martysofresh:

can someone tell me why we have pick 34 and not 33? im just kinda confused, is it a comp kinda thing?

since the Chiefs and Jags ended up with the same record they rotate spots in every round. in the 3rd round the chiefs will have the top pickm in the 4th round it will be the jags again
Originally posted by kush:

Tavon is a do-it-all guy, who will help you immediately as a return man, slot receiver and change of pace rb. He is not a guy you are going to ask to work the outside snap after snap, if at all. I've watched plenty of his tape and only seen him pluck balls away from his body a handful of times. Most of his production comes from him getting the ball in space.

Aj is a true receiver with good length and great vertical speed. He shows good quickness/fluidity in and out of his breaks and gets open mainly via route running. He worked the outside in college and that's what he was drafted to do for us except he came in to the league too skinny/weak to contribute. Make no mistake, once he starts contributing it will be on the outside.

how did u get the tapes?
Originally posted by SF69ers:

how did u get the tapes?
youtube.com, search Tavon Austin
So torn on this one but I'm going Tavon Austin because he's the best available athlete and it happens to be a position of need. The guy is a home run hitter and he'll be able to stretch the field vertically. You throw in his kickoff and punt return abilities and you get rid of Teddy Ginn. Let's go ahead and draft a talented receiver and focus on defense for majority of the other picks.

Will this happen? Doubtful. As others have said it would mean admitting they made a mistake with AJ Jenkins. But we can't afford to sit back and wait for AJ to develop. This pick is a no brainer.

BTW, I doubt Austin makes it past the Hawks.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

how did u get the tapes?
youtube.com, search Tavon Austin

the lulz
Share 49ersWebzone