There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke has absolutely no reason

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Lottofdefense, You're talking apples and oranges. Aldon smith was considered a top 15 pick in the draft. CK was considered a 2nd round pick and a player on the rise. Show me 1 mock draft with AJ Jenkins in the first round or to be considered a top 30 pick. You guys can makeup things and hide your head in the sand but AJ Jenkins was a major reach at pick #30 in the draft. Every analyst was confused by the pick when it was made and Jenkins backed up the reach status with a full season of no catches.

Analysts? U trust analysts? many of 'analysts' said 49ers would get nothing for Alex Smith just 2 weeks ago. LOL
What's the NFC west championship?

But yeah after 2011 alone Baalke got himself a free pass for the next three years
The 49ers are set up to do exactly what the Patriots do. Draft heavy in all key areas and let those players compete for the jobs -- best man wins. It gets you the best players and makes the draft so much easier for you, as you don't have to worry as much about neglecting positions.

We could draft 3 DL, 4 DBs, 3 WR, 3 OL, and still have two picks left. I see no way we don't trade any of our picks though. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
you cant reach in the 30's lol. chill out
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Baalke can do what he wants to do and does it well.



lol I like that.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Lottofdefense, You're talking apples and oranges. Aldon smith was considered a top 15 pick in the draft. CK was considered a 2nd round pick and a player on the rise. Show me 1 mock draft with AJ Jenkins in the first round or to be considered a top 30 pick. You guys can makeup things and hide your head in the sand but AJ Jenkins was a major reach at pick #30 in the draft. Every analyst was confused by the pick when it was made and Jenkins backed up the reach status with a full season of no catches.


Mel Kiper Jr.and Walter Football both had A.J. Jenkins going to the Jaguars at pick 38.

lol those were just the few I looked up. So i guess your wrong in saying every analyst was dumbfounded by the selection or thought it was a major reach. Many analysts had a 2nd round grade on Jenkins. I like Baalkes track record enough to have patience with AJ Jenkins.
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The 49ers are set up to do exactly what the Patriots do. Draft heavy in all key areas and let those players compete for the jobs -- best man wins. It gets you the best players and makes the draft so much easier for you, as you don't have to worry as much about neglecting positions.

We could draft 3 DL, 4 DBs, 3 WR, 3 OL, and still have two picks left. I see no way we don't trade any of our picks though. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I would prefer to do it this way as well . Draft to 1 NT, 2 DE, 3 WR/TE, 4 DB, 1 OL

If we manage to get 1 starter in each category then we have hit the jackpot.

11 picks used with 4 left for either trading next year or trading up and put us in the same position next year.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Baalke can do what he wants to do and does it well.


In Baalke we trust. He is the man!
Ridem' Baalke! Tame that draft!
even if Baalke wiffed on AJ..im not pissed...1 botched pick is ok in my book when looking at the quality of all decisions made by Baalke as a whole. This guy knows how to manipulate the draft to a tee..and the jury is still out on AJ!! my two cents
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Ok, what about Culliver, or Miller in the 7th? Plus it'sa lot different when you picking in the top 10 and the bottom of the 1st. I was more pissed when the selected Aldon than way they selected Jenkins, but than we just watched are team got to the NFC west championship.

Give Jenkins sometime. Your same train of thought is calling Kaep a bust last year and is biatching about not trading up a few extra spots for Dalton.

Patience young grasshopper.
You do know that Culliver wasn't taken in the 7th right?
the good thing about this , is we have so many picks , we can package a few to move up and grab the players we NEED ...
Gotta love the zone...Balke has accumulted a mountain of picks, has along with Paraag signed players to deals that manipulate the cap to genius levels, has landed us Kaep, Aldon, Cully, Davis, Iupati, and a host of others and just won a major hand of poker with the Chiefs...and all you hear is...B.b.but...A.J. is a bust!.
Here's what I see happening:

- He lets Goldson test the FA waters. If some team's willing to overpay him, have at it. Lots of excellent S in the draft, he has two on the PS (THomas & Curtis Taylor), plus Culliver played there for Spurrier at SC.
- He re-signs Walker. Worst case, he could franchise him, but that'd arguably be a bigger cap hit than a longer-term contract.
- I'm hoping he signs Sean Smith...forget the Revis thing, way too expensive and no guarantees for more than one season. Smith is a big CB, just coming into his prime (25) and would be a much better bargain.
- also hoping he signs a vet DL. Baalke's said the DL depth issue is more philosophical than physical, but not sure I buy that. Fangio likes to play his vets, but he's done it too much and apparently has little confidence in his b/u's. My solution: get better b/u's and tell Fangio he needs to rotate them.
- Armed w/15 picks, TB has a draft smorgasbord. Given the reality there aren't a ton of rookies who'll make the roster, use the extra picks to trade up and get quality DL, secondary, OLB, TE, WR and QB. Coming away with @ 7-8 blue-chippers should be the goal.
- Sign Josh Johnson to b/u Kap. Already knows the basic offense and has the athleticism to run the pistol/read-option.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Lottofdefense, You're talking apples and oranges. Aldon smith was considered a top 15 pick in the draft. CK was considered a 2nd round pick and a player on the rise. Show me 1 mock draft with AJ Jenkins in the first round or to be considered a top 30 pick. You guys can makeup things and hide your head in the sand but AJ Jenkins was a major reach at pick #30 in the draft. Every analyst was confused by the pick when it was made and Jenkins backed up the reach status with a full season of no catches.

LOL, better yet why don't you show us one GM that uses these so called Mock Drafts to evaluate players. Mock drafts are for us fans to get excited about but they really mean nothing.