There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick and dirty post Alex-trade mock

Originally posted by valrod33:
Im a fan of any mock that has Da'Rick Rogers in it

If he can get/keep his mind right, he has the talent to be an Anquan Boldin-type of WR.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im a fan of any mock that has Da'Rick Rogers in it

If he can get/keep his mind right, he has the talent to be an Anquan Boldin-type of WR.

I really like what i see from him granted its only from youtube highlights and the combine stuff but still. I agree with you on the Anquan Boldin comparison. We have the kind of locker room that can help out a kid like him. Oh except I wouldnt let him hang out with Aldon Smith though
Release: Parys Haralson, David Akers
Do not re-sign: Dashon Goldson, Isaac Sopoaga, Randy Moss
Re-sign: Ricky Jean-Francois, Delanie Walker, Tavares Gooden
Free agent signings:
Louis Delmas, FS (3 year deal) - Injury risk, but a top safety when healthy
Cullen Jenkins, DE/DT (1 year deal) - Veteran d-line depth

Draft (if no picks were traded)

1.) Datone Jones, DE - UCLA
2a.) Darius Slay, CB - Miss. St.
2b.) Jamie Collins, DE/OLB - Southern Miss.
3a.) Brandon Williams, NT - Missouri Southern
3b.) Da'Rick Rodgers, WR - Tennessee Tech
4a.) Ace Sanders, WR/PR - South Carolina
4b.) Jordan Mills, OT - La. Tech (projected comp pick)
5a.) Earl Wolff, S - North Carolina St.
5b.) Nick Casa, TE - Colorado
6a.) Don Jones, FS - Arkansas St.
6b.) Caleb Sturgis, K - Florida
7a.) Kapron Lewis-Moore, DE/DT - Notre Dame
7b.) Qaunterus Smith, DE/OLB - Western Kentucky
7c.) Jakar Hamilton, CB - South Carolina St.
7d.) Meshak Williams, LB - Kansas St. (projected comp pick)

my mock/draft board has the following players bolded, although not in that order. good job, ghost
Thanks SF. The more I think about it, the more I like Ninerjohn's suggestion of taking Marcus Lattimore in the 4th rather than Ace Sanders. Just makes more sense.
Thanks SF. The more I think about it, the more I like Ninerjohn's suggestion of taking Marcus Lattimore in the 4th rather than Ace Sanders. Just makes more sense.

i've got Lattimore in my board/mock, as well, but i feel like he'll be there at the end of the 4th or 5th.
Nice job but Delmas is a liability even if healthy. Excellent picks and I think Ace Sanders will be fine
As far as TE goes I'd like to see us take Joseph Fauria from UCLA with a later pick. If you ever had a chance to watch him you know he has OUTSTANDING hands, is 6'7 runs great routes is hard to cover and would be perfect for redzone situations. He's the nephew of Christian Fauria of the name rings a bell. His blocking leaves something to be desired but we don't need him for that.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice job but Delmas is a liability even if healthy. Excellent picks and I think Ace Sanders will be fine

IMO, Delmas is the most realistic option besides re-signing Goldson or going after Jarius Byrd (but neither seem likely). That said, I'm open to other suggestions at safety.
Ghost. What do you think of Fauria?
Rogers would be an interesting pick. Given that the 49ers now have an extra second, and an early one at that, this opens up A LOT of possibilities, such as DeAndre Hopkins for example.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Ghost. What do you think of Fauria?

Honestly, I don't know much about him. More of an SEC guy than a Pac 12 guy, but of the Bruins games I've seen, he hasn't stood out to me. IMO, Datone Jones jumped out, as dis Franklin and their young OLB. I'd have to rely on someone else who's seen more of him....sorry.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Rogers would be an interesting pick. Given that the 49ers now have an extra second, and an early one at that, this opens up A LOT of possibilities, such as DeAndre Hopkins for example.

Hopkins would be an even better WR option, IMO....but I think our secondary needs more of a talent upgrade than our WR corps, IMO. But if they drafted Hopkins or even Hunter with that high 2nd, I would have no problem with it.
Good post!

Like the releases. I think we lose DWalker to FA. I really don't feel we'll get into a bidding skirmish w/anyone.

FA - I like the Delmas pick BUT I think we'd be better off w/Houston's S Glover Quin 6' 207, 27 years old.
I also like Michael Bennett DE Tampa Bay, 6'4", 274 - he'd be an impact player and make an excellent rotation guy keeping the DLine fresh.

Like the whole draft, not a fan of small receivers, Sanders, since we have enough of those. Da'Rick is going to be a star.

Having Datone developing in our rotation will be incredible.

You have Sturgis at 6b - do you feel Hopkins will be gone by then or he's better than Hopkins?

Thanks again for the work.
We need to resign Goldson. Delmas only has 3 picks in his entire career.
Your mock is a winner, GOFD74.