LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Da'Rick Rogers in Round 2?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
He'll go no later than mid 2nd, so he won't be there for us unless we trade up (which I highly doubt we do). I have us taking a WR in the 3rd anyway. This is a deep WR field so there will be quality up and down the draft.

Don't you dare ruin my dreams you b*****d.

Good lord man, don't get your panties in a bunch. It's not that serious. It was a realistic assessment.
Good lord man, don't get your panties in a bunch. It's not that serious. It was a realistic assessment.

Why do you always have to be so negative?
Originally posted by buck:
His production was very erratic.

Over 33 1/3% of his yardage came in one game—Southeast Missouri St.
Over 25% of his receptions came in the same game.

That game was his only game with 100+ yards.

Against Tennessee St, he had no receptions.
His game against Oregon was not good--3 receptions, 38 yards, and 1 score.

Here are his stats game by game.

Hampton 3 75 1
North Greenville 5 88 1
Oregon 3 38 1
Southeast Mo. St. 18 303 2
Murray St. 5 58 0
Jacksonville St. 5 78 0
Eastern Ky 6 76 3
Tennessee St. 0 0 0
Eastern Ill. 5 49 1
Tenn.-Martin 5 80 0
Austin Peay 6 48 1 1
Totals 61 893 10

He was far more consistent the previous year at Tennessee where he posted 6 100-yard games. I would put more stock in that performance than what he did at Tennessee Tech with an abbreviated offseason.

Why do you always have to be so negative?
Like I said, I was just being real. Not negative.

Such a Debbie-Downer.

Such a Debbie-Downer.
I've been on this bandwagon for a while. If he's there in the 3rd round, I say go get him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/darick-rogers

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/da'rick-rogers?id=2540179

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Im on this bandwagon
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
He was far more consistent the previous year at Tennessee where he posted 6 100-yard games. I would put more stock in that performance than what he did at Tennessee Tech with an abbreviated offseason.

That is reasonable, but I would suggest that his performance at Tennesse Tech might indicate that he still has not got his head on straight.

It seems to me that he should have been more dominant at Tech than he was.

I would hesitate to use a high pick on him. Just my opinion.

That is reasonable, but I would suggest that his performance at Tennesse Tech might indicate that he still has not got his head on straight.

"Rogers played in all 11 games for Tennessee Tech in 2012, and was the man among boys he was expected to be, leading the team with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns. No one else on the roster had more than 28 receptions, and Rogers put up his staggering numbers despite every opponent game-planning to contain him."

I would rather target a CB/S in round two. Alot of talent to be had at those positions with that pick IMO.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would rather target a CB/S in round two. Alot of talent to be had at those positions with that pick IMO.
This
Originally posted by PTulini:

"Rogers played in all 11 games for Tennessee Tech in 2012, and was the man among boys he was expected to be, leading the team with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns. No one else on the roster had more than 28 receptions, and Rogers put up his staggering numbers despite every opponent game-planning to contain him."

1/4 of those yards came in one game, agianst something like Southern Missouri State.

Ever watched them play. It's cool; no one else has either.

I think he has freak talent, but Baalke has always said that small school guys need to be consistently dominant on film. I don't know (because I don't have the film) if this guy's numbers reflect consistent dominance. I guess he could have a steaming heap of stink at QB.
If he is a #1 legit Red Zone threat then a possibility (I dont know much about him). We dont need a WR who is looking for 6-10 balls a game. I think Crabtree and Davis should remain #1 and #2 targets. Our #2 WR needs to either be a burner for the Longgggg throws, or a tall red zone threat - Like Moss should have been.
Let's say for argument's sake, Baalke gets a 2nd or even 3rd rd pick for Alex...it's likely it'll be either KC or AZ as the trading partner, so it means virtually back-to-back picks if it's KC...a little less, but not much if it's AZ. It could be an opportunity to get 3 top players in the 1st two rds...even more so if he trades up from the #31 spot in rd 2. With as many picks as he'll have, there's a lot of options. All that said, it could be an opportunity to land a guy like Rogers...but if not him, then potentially Robert Woods, another guy who looks like he can't miss. In either case, Baalke should get a beast of a DL, top WR and either a 2nd DL or possibly a top CB. Not bad for your 1st 3 picks.
Share 49ersWebzone