There are 232 users in the forums

Da'Rick Rogers in Round 2?

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Let's say for argument's sake, Baalke gets a 2nd or even 3rd rd pick for Alex...it's likely it'll be either KC or AZ as the trading partner, so it means virtually back-to-back picks if it's KC...a little less, but not much if it's AZ. It could be an opportunity to get 3 top players in the 1st two rds...even more so if he trades up from the #31 spot in rd 2. With as many picks as he'll have, there's a lot of options. All that said, it could be an opportunity to land a guy like Rogers...but if not him, then potentially Robert Woods, another guy who looks like he can't miss. In either case, Baalke should get a beast of a DL, top WR and either a 2nd DL or possibly a top CB. Not bad for your 1st 3 picks.

If they can, through a combination of trading picks and Alex, end up with 3 picks in the top 50 I think we would have a chance to cement ourselves a dynasty.

Drafting a DL, CB, and WR in that top round and a half would be huge. I would LOVE to see us get 3 impact players at those positions, and then fill in other areas of need with our copious remaining picks.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
If he is a #1 legit Red Zone threat then a possibility (I dont know much about him). We dont need a WR who is looking for 6-10 balls a game. I think Crabtree and Davis should remain #1 and #2 targets. Our #2 WR needs to either be a burner for the Longgggg throws, or a tall red zone threat - Like Moss should have been.

Rogers is physically shaped like Anquan Boldin (just over 6'2", 217 for Rogers compared to 6'1", 225 for Boldin), but Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine (now runs a 4.8), and Rogers ran 4.44 and 4.52 at the combine. With that speed and size, he could be a physical threat in the red zone as well as a potential downfield jump ball receiver - two aspects of the receiving game where we are currently lacking.
Originally posted by loyalniner:
If he is a #1 legit Red Zone threat then a possibility (I dont know much about him). We dont need a WR who is looking for 6-10 balls a game. I think Crabtree and Davis should remain #1 and #2 targets. Our #2 WR needs to either be a burner for the Longgggg throws, or a tall red zone threat - Like Moss should have been.

Rogers is physically shaped like Anquan Boldin (just over 6'2", 217 for Rogers compared to 6'1", 225 for Boldin), but Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine (now runs a 4.8), and Rogers ran 4.44 and 4.52 at the combine. With that speed and size, he could be a physical threat in the red zone as well as a potential downfield jump ball receiver - two aspects of the receiving game where we are currently lacking.
Im not going to lie, your post gave me a boner
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
Originally posted by SF69ers:

this

What doesn't?
what does maddog has to say?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

What doesn't?

Good point
Saw him play against Oregon last year and he was the only player that could do anything against us. He actually had a really good game. I'd be down.
Since we now have two second round picks in a deep and talented class, assuming we keep each of them, I think Rogers at the end of round 2 makes even MORE sense! Now we have the potenial to pick up one of (possibly based on the combine) Damontre Moore, Datone Jones, or Johnathan Hankins in round 1 (maybe someone else depending on what happens in the coming weeks), and still have the opportnunity to grab possibly even another with KC's pick or boost secondary with a Cyprien/Rhodes/Banks at no. 34, and STILL grab one of the best receivers in the draft with Rogers as our second pick of round 2. And then we could on top of all of this use one of our 2 third round picks (possibly 3 3rd rounders, but I'm not counting on a comp in the 3rd) to trade back into next years draft, possibly giving us a 1st and 2 2nd round picks again in 2014. The making of a dynasty right before our eyes.....

I know he's a tall big target guy and not expected to be super quick, but I noticed he had the slowest 10-yard split of any receiver at the combine.
That's slightly worrisome to me.
I think I like DeAndre Hopkins more.

Trufant
Hopkins
Sylvester Williams

Boom.
Not sure where you heard he wasn't supposed to be fast...he ran 4.5ish at the combine in the 40... Article on NFL.com titled "NFL Combine Live: Da'Rick Rogers Delivers Best Overall Performance Displaying Speed, Agility, Explosiveness". Another titled "Tyler Eifert, Sharrif Floyd, Da'Rick Rogers Among Top 10 NFL Scouting Combine Winners". He's legit....
Loyal is right. He tied for vert leap with Hunter, top 3-5 in cone shuttle and broad jump. All depends on his interviews, hope he performs well would be a great pick late in the 2nd.

http://nesn.com/2013/02/tyler-eifert-sharrif-floyd-darick-rogers-among-top-10-nfl-scouting-combine-winners-photos/
This guy is really something else. You have to figure if he doesn't screw up at Tennessee he's a first rounder easily. From what he offers on the field he is just what Kaep could use. But off the field the last thing anybody wants to deal with.
Share 49ersWebzone